Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread v2 (pg 77 - declares victory in Iowa)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 01:58:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread v2 (pg 77 - declares victory in Iowa)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 ... 91
Author Topic: Bernie Sanders 2020 campaign megathread v2 (pg 77 - declares victory in Iowa)  (Read 130282 times)
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1625 on: January 31, 2020, 12:02:03 AM »

I wouldn't vote for Trump, but I wouldn't vote for Sanders either. I feel no need to vote for someone who is going to lose.

Then how are you any better than the “Bernie bros” who wouldn’t vote for Biden against Trump? Say what you will about the Sanders supporters on this board, but most of us would vote for Biden against Trump, even if it weren’t an enthusiastic vote. While I can’t endorse everything MacArthur has written, at least he’s willing to walk the walk when it comes to party unity.

Of course not. DrScholl's got his and can afford to extend our nightmare by four more years, and if you can't, that's your problem.
Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #1626 on: January 31, 2020, 01:07:23 AM »

😂 at someone with the username IMPEACHMENT ENQUIRY who wouldn't vote for Sanders against the president they believe should literally be removed from office and imprisoned for criminal conduct. The Bernie Bros on the internet are really that annoying.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #1627 on: January 31, 2020, 01:45:53 AM »
« Edited: January 31, 2020, 01:49:13 AM by Shadows »

Pro-Israel Democratic super PAC takes aim at Bernie Sanders in Iowa

A pro-Israel Democratic super PAC is launching a new television ad on Wednesday in Iowa that questions Sen. Bernie Sanders' electability and raises the specter of his health following a heart attack last fall. The 30-second spot, which will run throughout the week, comes in response to Sanders' rise in the polls and marks a late acknowledgement from some within the Democratic establishment that the Vermont senator is a legitimate contender for the party's nomination in 2020. The Democratic Majority for Israel's political arm is spending $681,000 on the ad, which features a string of voters expressing concerns over Sanders' general election prospects and health. It does not address Israel or Sanders' foreign policy positions.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/01/29/politics/pro-israel-democratic-super-pac-attacks-sanders-iowa-ad/index.html

Bernie Sanders backed by 200,000-member postal workers union in 2020 primary

Sen. Bernie Sanders notched a big national labor endorsement Thursday only days before the 2020 Democratic primary nominating contests start. The more than 200,000-member American Postal Workers Union backed the Vermont senator, the latest in a growing list of U.S. labor unions to support a Democratic presidential candidate. The endorsement comes only four days before the first-in-the-nation Iowa caucuses.

“Bernie Sanders has proven he is a fierce advocate on the side of postal workers. He has opposed the closures of postal facilities and reduced service standards,” said Mark Dimondstein, president of the APWU, which represents mostly U.S. Postal Service employees and retirees.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/01/30/bernie-sanders-backed-by-american-postal-workers-union-in-2020-primary.html
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #1628 on: January 31, 2020, 01:49:54 AM »

Sanders Team Weighing Executive Orders to Legalize Marijuana, Stop Trump Border Wall, Declare Climate Emergency, and More

The Washington Post's Jeff Stein, citing two anonymous people familiar with the campaign's plans and an internal document, reported Thursday that Sanders aides have presented the senator with a list of possible executive orders that would allow him to unilaterally:

Declare a national climate emergency;
Ban U.S. exports of crude oil;
Import prescription drugs from Canada;
Cancel federal contracts for companies that pay their workers less than $15 an hour;
Direct the Department of Justice to legalize marijuana at the federal level;
Reverse existing rules that bar the U.S. from funding organizations that provide abortion services;
Immediately halt the construction of President Donald Trump's U.S.-Mexico border wall;
Lift the cap on the number of refugees the U.S. accepts each year; and
Release billions in disaster aid to Puerto Rico that the Trump administration has withheld.

On immigration, Sanders internal list of potential EOs includes:

- Reinstate DACA, TPS
- Immediately end construction of "racist" border wall
- Rescind public charge rule
- Direct DHS to halt ICE raids
- Lift Trump's cap on refugees
- Ban private prisons

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/01/30/sanders-team-weighing-executive-orders-legalize-marijuana-stop-trump-border-wall

Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #1629 on: January 31, 2020, 02:20:51 AM »

Sanders Team Weighing Executive Orders to Legalize Marijuana, Stop Trump Border Wall, Declare Climate Emergency, and More

The Washington Post's Jeff Stein, citing two anonymous people familiar with the campaign's plans and an internal document, reported Thursday that Sanders aides have presented the senator with a list of possible executive orders that would allow him to unilaterally:

Declare a national climate emergency;
Ban U.S. exports of crude oil;
Import prescription drugs from Canada;
Cancel federal contracts for companies that pay their workers less than $15 an hour;
Direct the Department of Justice to legalize marijuana at the federal level;
Reverse existing rules that bar the U.S. from funding organizations that provide abortion services;
Immediately halt the construction of President Donald Trump's U.S.-Mexico border wall;
Lift the cap on the number of refugees the U.S. accepts each year; and
Release billions in disaster aid to Puerto Rico that the Trump administration has withheld.

On immigration, Sanders internal list of potential EOs includes:

- Reinstate DACA, TPS
- Immediately end construction of "racist" border wall
- Rescind public charge rule
- Direct DHS to halt ICE raids
- Lift Trump's cap on refugees
- Ban private prisons

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/01/30/sanders-team-weighing-executive-orders-legalize-marijuana-stop-trump-border-wall

Yes, please and thank you on almost all of these.
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #1630 on: January 31, 2020, 04:59:19 AM »

That @NYforSanders account is one of the most annoying accounts on Twitter.  It's a neverending stream of cheap shots, out of context quotes, and whataboutism.

Perhaps take a break from Political Twitter for a day?
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1631 on: January 31, 2020, 08:59:10 AM »

Populist gonna populist. Muh white working class!!!!

Another example of Sanders attacking a Democrat

Shameful. At least Wallace was blue no matter who

The true title should be "Bernie has compared a Democrat to Hitler"?  Angry
Bleach Blonde Bad Built Butch Bodies for Biden
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

P P P

« Reply #1632 on: January 31, 2020, 09:52:49 AM »

kek
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #1633 on: January 31, 2020, 10:55:42 AM »

I wouldn't vote for Trump, but I wouldn't vote for Sanders either. I feel no need to vote for someone who is going to lose.

So you're a Trump supporter by proxy.

Glad I know who to tune out. Of course not. DrScholl's got his and can afford to extend our nightmare by four more years, and if you can't, that's your problem.

I'm in California, so how would Sanders need my vote? Sanders wouldn't want my vote anyway, I'm not in the Joe Rogan listener base.

Then how are you any better than the “Bernie bros” who wouldn’t vote for Biden against Trump? Say what you will about the Sanders supporters on this board, but most of us would vote for Biden against Trump, even if it weren’t an enthusiastic vote. While I can’t endorse everything MacArthur has written, at least he’s willing to walk the walk when it comes to party unity.

I'm not in a swing state, so it's not like my vote matters. I don't endorse every single thing that Democrats do just for party unity, because I'm an individual.
YE
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #1634 on: January 31, 2020, 12:43:54 PM »
« Edited: January 31, 2020, 03:25:43 PM by YE »

Just when you think the next attack can't possibly be more pathetic, desperate and misleading than the last...

Not a good look for the establishment. :/
The Washington Examiner posted this latest news and that is a right-wing publication. Not exactly a DNC establishment. If Bernie Sanders is the nominee and can't handle Trump's attacks, then he is toast.

If that is the best they can throw out there, then I suddenly feel very confident about the general election. Half joking of course, but these attacks are coming off as increasingly desperate and meaningless.

It's a test to see if they can suppress the black vote. You all expect "the blacks" to fall in line for Bernie because they have no other choice, but things like this matter more than you think. Black voters already feel marginalized as it is, so a choice between Sanders and Trump could result in staying at home winning. In 2020 looks like 2016 then depressed turnout in Detroit, Milwaukee and Philadelphia would put Trump back in office.

Aren't you the type of people who'll then scream that progressives should fall in line despite feeling marginalised?

Half of the Democrats on here would prefer Trump to Sanders, it seems.

In general, please be careful to avoid over generalizations, even if you didn't quite cross the line here given the overall context. I've had disagreements with many of the same posters that you have had on this board over the years but saying half would prefer Trump to Sanders is hyberbolic. I can't recall a single reliable red avatar that has said explicitly such even though there are probably some that prefer to spend more time criticizing Sanders in their posts than Trump. Not to mention that a decent chunk of red avatars on this forum support Warren or Sanders as is and many key Sanders critics on this forum (McArthur, Monroe) have said in the past they'd vote for him in a GE.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1635 on: January 31, 2020, 02:57:24 PM »

A pro-Israel Democratic super PAC is launching a new television ad on Wednesday in Iowa that questions Sen. Bernie Sanders' electability and raises the specter of his health following a heart attack last fall. The 30-second spot, which will run throughout the week, comes in response to Sanders' rise in the polls and marks a late acknowledgement from some within the Democratic establishment that the Vermont senator is a legitimate contender for the party's nomination in 2020. The Democratic Majority for Israel's political arm is spending $681,000 on the ad, which features a string of voters expressing concerns over Sanders' general election prospects and health. It does not address Israel or Sanders' foreign policy positions.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/01/29/politics/pro-israel-democratic-super-pac-attacks-sanders-iowa-ad/index.html

Sen. Bernie Sanders notched a big national labor endorsement Thursday only days before the 2020 Democratic primary nominating contests start. The more than 200,000-member American Postal Workers Union backed the Vermont senator, the latest in a growing list of U.S. labor unions to support a Democratic presidential candidate. The endorsement comes only four days before the first-in-the-nation Iowa caucuses.

“Bernie Sanders has proven he is a fierce advocate on the side of postal workers. He has opposed the closures of postal facilities and reduced service standards,” said Mark Dimondstein, president of the APWU, which represents mostly U.S. Postal Service employees and retirees.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/01/30/bernie-sanders-backed-by-american-postal-workers-union-in-2020-primary.html

DMFI is running ads against Bernie?  Glad to see them making their voice heard; I may have to donate tbh.  It's important to have a progressive pro-Israel group as a counterweight to the conservatives at AIPAC.  If nothing else, hopefully this pushes the self-hating Jews at J-Street even further into political oblivion.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #1636 on: January 31, 2020, 03:19:40 PM »

DMFI is running ads against Bernie?  Glad to see them making their voice heard; I may have to donate tbh.  It's important to have a progressive pro-Israel group as a counterweight to the conservatives at AIPAC.  If nothing else, hopefully this pushes the self-hating Jews at J-Street even further into political oblivion.

Is Sanders a self-hating Jew?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1637 on: January 31, 2020, 05:56:04 PM »

Is Sanders a self-hating Jew?

No, I highly doubt it.  I think Bernie means well, but he’s got some bad friends and is pretty misguided on certain issues. 
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1638 on: January 31, 2020, 06:05:46 PM »

Sanders says the DNC letting Bloomberg debate is evidence that they're rigging the election.

Throwback to 2016 when he said the DNC *not* changing debate rules to accommodate him was evidence of rigged election.  Then when they did change the rules to accommodate him, he refused to participate unless the DNC wasn't involved in the debate at all.

He's such an asshole and he knows exactly what he's dog-whistling here.

bilaps
« Reply #1639 on: January 31, 2020, 06:07:33 PM »

I think you're obsessed with good senator Sanders.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #1640 on: January 31, 2020, 06:49:35 PM »

Sanders says the DNC letting Bloomberg debate is evidence that they're rigging the election.

Throwback to 2016 when he said the DNC *not* changing debate rules to accommodate him was evidence of rigged election.  Then when they did change the rules to accommodate him, he refused to participate unless the DNC wasn't involved in the debate at all.

And what is that dog whistle?
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #1641 on: January 31, 2020, 07:00:38 PM »

This lady is getting a lot of crap online, but the article is not bad.
Roblox

« Reply #1642 on: January 31, 2020, 07:19:24 PM »

Throwback to 2016 when he said the DNC *not* changing debate rules to accommodate him was evidence of rigged election.  Then when they did change the rules to accommodate him, he refused to participate unless the DNC wasn't involved in the debate at all.

Honestly surprised Sanders is still fundraising at this point considering how much he's likely saved from living rent free in your head.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1643 on: January 31, 2020, 07:25:44 PM »

Diabolical Materialism
SlamDunk

« Reply #1644 on: January 31, 2020, 07:27:37 PM »

And what is that dog whistle?
Dude, Bernie is obviously a racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic Strasserite tankie. Can't you tell?
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #1645 on: January 31, 2020, 07:32:05 PM »

Hillaey, Hillary, I understand you're bitter and hate Sanders more than GeneralMacarthur . . . But no one apart for your fanatics cares.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #1646 on: January 31, 2020, 07:49:49 PM »

Haha, she gave an interview to the woman who was pilloried by Bernie people months ago for making a ham handed comment on TV. Low key shade.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1647 on: January 31, 2020, 08:02:17 PM »

Posting from the bus to Iowa (headed to Cedar Rapids to see Bernie and Vampire Weekend tomorrow). Looks like the Bon Iver concert is, uh, extremely lit:

Cinemark

« Reply #1648 on: January 31, 2020, 08:04:54 PM »

Sanders sure can get an impressive crowd. Although I'm less keen to think they're all supporters just as a general rule of thumb. I've seen enough random interviews with Iowa caucus goers who apparently just like to go to these things.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1649 on: January 31, 2020, 08:16:49 PM »

Another great in-kind donation to the campaign. Thank you Hillary!
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 ... 91  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies