Sanders and Yang have one thing in common.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 30, 2024, 07:45:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Sanders and Yang have one thing in common.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Sanders and Yang have one thing in common.  (Read 907 times)
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 12, 2019, 11:54:22 AM »

No surprise really there. Saint Bernie doesn't give two sh**ts about the party he supposedly wants to lead.

I Can Now Die Happy
NYC Millennial Minority
United States
Political Matrix
E: 4.39, S: -4.70

P P
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2019, 12:26:39 PM »

They are also the candidates of cishet white males who are very progressive until they get confronted on personal problems pertaining to their privilege, unconscious support of Rape Culture, microaggressions, etc that they are too proud or insecure to address.
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -5.65

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2019, 03:22:32 PM »

They are also the candidates of cishet white males who are very progressive until they get confronted on personal problems pertaining to their privilege, unconscious support of Rape Culture, microaggressions, etc that they are too proud or insecure to address.

May I remind you that Andrew is not Caucasian White by the least?
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2019, 06:13:22 PM »

That is what I don't like about Bernie. He is not a Democrat, yet he uses the party for his personal reasons to get what he wants.

That's a no no in my book. If you want to run as a Dem, then be one. Who are you trying to kid?

As for Yang, I give him little thought. He's another business man I am tired of dealing with, who thinks he wants to be President.
eric82oslo
Junior Chimp
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.00, S: -5.65

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2019, 06:22:08 PM »

As for Yang, I give him little thought. He's another business man I am tired of dealing with, who thinks he wants to be President.

He never wanted to be president. He was as surprised as all of his friends, his collegues and his entire family when he saw no other option in order to rescue the future for his two young boys, one of who is authistic, than to run for president.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeYZlp0IvCo

Watch this video and be mind blown by his integrity and sincerity.
Vittorio
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2019, 06:39:22 PM »

I don't support Sanders - I don't 'support' any Presidential candidates - but it's hilarious to see people reify a non-conscious institution like the Democratic Party, which is incapable of feeling used, not being a conscious entity with feelings at all. Moreover, Obama did precisely the same thing when he channeled resources which could have gone to down ballot Democrats into Organizing For America, a useless institution which accomplished nothing of note.
bagelman
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -4.17

P P P
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2019, 07:34:43 PM »

They have one thing in common - both are opposed by Very Serious People and the mainstream media.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2019, 09:03:36 PM »

Sanders is in second place and is the second most electable to Joe Biden. He is the lesser of the evils than Biden or Trump who keep the rich, happy
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2019, 05:04:21 AM »

The other thing they have in common is extremely annoying online cults. Both of which are largely made up of people who just want free sh*t.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2019, 05:08:48 AM »

I don't support Sanders - I don't 'support' any Presidential candidates - but it's hilarious to see people reify a non-conscious institution like the Democratic Party, which is incapable of feeling used, not being a conscious entity with feelings at all. Moreover, Obama did precisely the same thing when he channeled resources which could have gone to down ballot Democrats into Organizing For America, a useless institution which accomplished nothing of note.

“I don’t ‘support’ any Presidential candidates” is one of the most pretentious sentences I’ve ever read. A less pretentious way of saying the same thing would have been “Yes, I do support Bernie Sanders but I don’t want to admit it here so I can pretend I’m totally objective and above it all somehow.”

And no one is saying this is a problem because the Democratic Party’s feelings might get hurt, genius. It’s that they can’t get anything accomplished if they don’t have a strong functional party on all levels — none of that free sh*t they are promising is ever gonna happen without it.

Yes, Obama had a problem with this too. It was one of his biggest failings as president and led to his not getting as much done as he could have. Why should we want to repeat that?
Vittorio
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2019, 07:23:21 AM »

“I don’t ‘support’ any Presidential candidates” is one of the most pretentious sentences I’ve ever read.

I don't care.

A less pretentious way of saying the same thing would have been “Yes, I do support Bernie Sanders but I don’t want to admit it here so I can pretend I’m totally objective and above it all somehow.”

I'm a Marxist. I'm certainly not voting for a succdems.

And no one is saying this is a problem because the Democratic Party’s feelings might get hurt, genius. It’s that they can’t get anything accomplished if they don’t have a strong functional party on all levels — none of that free sh*t they are promising is ever gonna happen without it.

Whether or not the Democratic Party should accomplish anything in its perpetual war on the working-class is one thing, and whether or not anyone should feel sympathy for that institution if it gets 'used' is quite another.

Yes, Obama had a problem with this too. It was one of his biggest failings as president and led to his not getting as much done as he could have. Why should we want to repeat that?

I don't care whether you do or not. But it is rich to see Obamaites complain about it, when they so fiercely guard Obama's reputation otherwise.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2019, 07:31:50 AM »

Whether or not the Democratic Party should accomplish anything in its perpetual war on the working-class is one thing, and whether or not anyone should feel sympathy for that institution if it gets 'used' is quite another.

In that case, what the heck  are you doing in this thread?
Vittorio
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2019, 07:44:27 AM »

To highlight the absurdity of Obamabots criticizing Sanders for this.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2019, 09:59:46 AM »

To highlight the absurdity of Obamabots criticizing Sanders for this.

Obamabots were a thing in 2008.
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2019, 05:29:52 PM »

I'll just dump this here.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/bernie-sanders-first-to-sign-pledge-to-rally-behind-whoever-wins-democratic-primary
Leinad
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -7.91

« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2019, 06:57:21 PM »

If the party fails to support actual interests of the working class the party can f*** off.

Policy matters more than party because policy affects people. People complaining about Sanders not pledging to support Democrats (which is false--he did) are nothing more than privileged a-holes who feel like the clique they're in is more important than the values they should at least be pretending to stand for. It's a commodified identity--being a member of a group as a replacement for having a personality or goals in life as more important than actually improving the quality of life of people. It's a mental block on either doing what I did--changing my ideology when I realized it didn't reflect reality--or what most people here need to do: realize the Democratic Party has been in the pocket of Wall St. for a while and must be reformed or replaced if real problems like wealth inequality and climate change are to be reflected.

Based on your sig supporting a fascist transphobe and this post (which repeats the VERY dangerous idea that a class-based analysis of economics means you can't have a progressive analysis of social issues--when in reality the concepts REINFORCE each other) you might have the worst political views ever. Congratulations?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies