MB for Southern Senate
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:02:55 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  MB for Southern Senate
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
Author Topic: MB for Southern Senate  (Read 2568 times)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2019, 03:03:02 AM »

Endorsed!
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2019, 12:41:10 AM »

Can you please take your time to answer the below questions

What role should the senate take on the advise and consent for potential nominees to executive departments or the courts? Under what situation would you choose to vote against confirming a nominee?

Do you believe corporations have an ethical mandate regardless of government actions to keep prices affordable (you can define this as you wish)? Regardless of your answer should government ever get involved in decisions of what companies charge for a product of service?

What role do you believe personal behaviours should play in the determination of a persons fitness to become Senate?

Do you consider terms such as redskins in regards of a sports teams name racist? How about things such as the tomahawk jock done by some teams as racist? Should teams be allowed to be involved in these practices?

What do you believe are the major forces behind poverty? Is poverty inevitable or can it be eliminated? Should government do anything to solve it? If so what steps should they take to solve poverty?

What do you define as hate speech? Do people have the right to say whatever they want? What if anything should government, society and other individuals do to prevent, respond to and or combat hate speech?
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2019, 01:40:39 AM »

Can you please take your time to answer the below questions

What role should the senate take on the advise and consent for potential nominees to executive departments or the courts? Under what situation would you choose to vote against confirming a nominee?
Pretty simple. If I feel the nominee wouldn't be able to perform their job to the extent that they should be able to I'll vote against them. Evaluating it on a case by case basis of course.

Do you believe corporations have an ethical mandate regardless of government actions to keep prices affordable (you can define this as you wish)? Regardless of your answer should government ever get involved in decisions of what companies charge for a product of service?
Of course. For example take prescription drug prices - when a company has a monopoly on the market for a certain product they shouldn't be allowed to jack up the price just to make their own pockets fatter. This goes for all situations where prices have been unfairly increased to the benefit of nobody but the CEOs who want to buy a fifth mansion.

What role do you believe personal behaviours should play in the determination of a persons fitness to become Senate?
It's all up to the voters to evaluate whether a person is fit to become a senator. If I'm not fit for whatever reason I think that'll be reflected in the results.

Do you consider terms such as redskins in regards of a sports teams name racist? How about things such as the tomahawk jock done by some teams as racist? Should teams be allowed to be involved in these practices?
The government shouldn't get involved in this. Sports teams can call themselves whatever they want.

What do you believe are the major forces behind poverty? Is poverty inevitable or can it be eliminated? Should government do anything to solve it? If so what steps should they take to solve poverty?
We've already done a lot to help poverty in Atlasia but, of course, it's not enough. There are plenty of factors that contribute to it but it's different for every person - and almost all the time it isn't because of their own actions. I don't think we can eliminate it: there will always be rich and poor people, but we can reduce it significantly. The Wealth Tax Act which was just passed is a great bill and I look forward to passing similar bills if I'm elected to the senate.

What do you define as hate speech? Do people have the right to say whatever they want? What if anything should government, society and other individuals do to prevent, respond to and or combat hate speech?
"Hate speech" can be and is interpreted in a few different ways depending on who you ask. I'm not gonna bother trying to come up with a definition for it, because the right to free speech should be absolute, no buts and no matter how hateful or offensive it may be. Sure, there are plenty of things people would be better off not saying, but unless actual crimes are committed there's no reason to restrict it.
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2019, 01:45:12 AM »

Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions in a speedy manner!
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2019, 07:56:47 PM »

How can you say you support freedom and justice when your record suggests you clearly support violating one's right to freedom of association, as well as support violating free speech rights?
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2019, 08:04:11 PM »

How can you say you support freedom and justice when your record suggests you clearly support violating one's right to freedom of association, as well as support violating free speech rights?
source?
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2019, 08:10:49 PM »

source?

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=334783.msg6996935#msg6996935
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2019, 08:13:48 PM »

Two things. First of all (yeah I know I'm being pedantic), that wasn't even the final vote on the bill itself, it was just a vote on whether to start a final vote, and you can interpret literally nothing from that.

Second, shouldn't schools and restaurants be able to refuse to serve black people based on "freedom of association" or whatever bullsh!t logic you're using to justify that?
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2019, 08:34:53 PM »

Two things. First of all (yeah I know I'm being pedantic), that wasn't even the final vote on the bill itself, it was just a vote on whether to start a final vote, and you can interpret literally nothing from that.

Second, shouldn't schools and restaurants be able to refuse to serve black people based on "freedom of association" or whatever bullsh!t logic you're using to justify that?

Another post did you the favor of citing Supreme Court cases that outline why the bill in the current form is unconstitutional.

I'll even go further and link them for you:
Hurley v. Irish American Gay, Lesbian, and Bisexual Group of Boston
Boy Scouts of America v. Dale

Knowing this, can you assure Southern voters that you'll uphold the oath you swore when you took your seat and refuse to vote in favor of the bill if it goes to a final vote under the current worded text?
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2019, 08:50:04 PM »

Another post did you the favor of citing Supreme Court cases that outline why the bill in the current form is unconstitutional.

I'll even go further and link them for you:
Hurley v. Irish American Gay, Lesbian, and Bisexual Group of Boston
Boy Scouts of America v. Dale

Knowing this, can you assure Southern voters that you'll uphold the oath you swore when you took your seat and refuse to vote in favor of the bill if it goes to a final vote under the current worded text?
To keep it short,
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #35 on: October 07, 2019, 01:34:25 AM »

Bold words from a bold fighter! Endorsed for even higher preference. We'll miss you in the House!
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2019, 12:55:53 PM »

Endorsed, voted for Deadprez once before, not making that mistake again.
Sir Tiki
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.28, S: -4.70

« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2019, 08:32:19 AM »

Endorsed!
cg41386
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.39, S: -7.74

« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2019, 08:16:56 PM »

Endorsed.
arjavrawal
Rookie
United States

« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2019, 11:24:56 PM »

Endorsed!
Sounds
Rookie
United States

« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2019, 10:37:16 PM »

Endorsed
YE
Modadmin
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: -0.52

« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2019, 11:28:29 PM »

Endorsed.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #42 on: October 17, 2019, 12:03:42 AM »

Less than 24 hours now before polls open. Make sure to get out and vote, and also vote for Leinad for Governor! Looking forward to the election.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #43 on: October 17, 2019, 01:20:40 AM »

endorsed
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2019, 01:03:57 AM »

Wow. I really did it. Thanks to Deadprez for providing a hard fought race, to Leinad and everyone else who helped on my campaign, and of course to everyone who voted for me.

This comes a year and 2 months after my first major victory and in some ways I think this is even bigger. After a year I'll be back in the Senate and it's a great honor. Thanks.

-MB
Esteemed Jimmy
Jimmy7812
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: 2.47, S: -1.05

« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2019, 01:04:29 AM »

Congrats!
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician