Will Arnold be re-elected? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:23:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Will Arnold be re-elected? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Will Arnold be re-elected?
yes

no

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 37

Author Topic: Will Arnold be re-elected?  (Read 2520 times)
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« on: December 19, 2005, 01:42:35 PM »

No, and I plan to even bet on that.

But I, back in 2003 along with most other people, assumed he'd be a shoo-in for reelection in 2006 unfortunately with his margin of victory. DCPoliticalReport had the race as a likely Democratic pickup, and I thought that was far too optimistic. Turns out DCPR had forsight no one else did.

Hopefully people learn their lesson and this prevents people from electing moron Hollywood actors who have no business in government from now on.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2005, 01:37:28 AM »

He manages decent support from the wealthy-trendy-Country Club Republicans; but this support doesn't resonate all that well with the Bible-Belt conservatives we have as well.

You have Bible-Belt conservatives in California? That sucks. What is their story? Are they as extreme as other bible-belt types?

Oh they're everywhere. We have them in Minnesota too (not in the rural parts as you would think, but rather the outer suburbs). They're just as extreme as the Bible Belt ones, it's just that they aren't the majority, so they have nowhere near as much influence and aren't much of a threat. Although they frequently do ridiculous things that embarass the Minnesota GOP. I imagine the situation in California is pretty much the same.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies