Northeast Propositions for January
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:48:35 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Northeast Propositions for January
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Northeast Propositions for January  (Read 1273 times)
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: December 19, 2005, 12:32:48 AM »

Submit them here. Each prop needs 3 signatures, and they will be voted on the third weekend of January.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2005, 01:01:48 AM »

Article III, Section V is hereby ratified to read:
§ V. The Office of Lieutenant Governor is hereby created in the Northeast region. The Office of Lieutenant Governor shall be filled in an election seperate then that of the Governor's, but at the same time as the Gubernatorial election.

x Senator MAS117
Keystone Phil
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2005, 01:12:36 AM »
« Edited: December 19, 2005, 01:18:38 AM by Keystone Phil »

§ V. The Office of Lieutenant Governor is hereby created in the Northeast region. The Office of Lieutenant Governor shall be filled in an election seperate then that of the Governor's, but at the same time as the Gubernatorial election.

x Senator MAS117

I stand in support of this initiative's placement in the January Prop. vote.

X Keystone Phil
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2005, 08:10:05 PM »

x Senator MAS117

Didn't that already pass?
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2005, 08:31:44 PM »

x Senator MAS117

Didn't that already pass?

It was vetod.

And will probably be vetoed again if it passes again.  Waste of time if you ask me.
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2005, 04:42:39 AM »

As a carbon copy of South Carolina...but I'm not really sure, even after research if this is...OK...

Yeah, its not. The SE has a Law (Community Choice Initiative I think) that allows individual municipalities (which they have interpretted as meaning States) to act on their own perogative to outlaw abortions within their own area. Lacking such a Law, the Northeast states may not pass such legislation since they are not recognised as entities capable of passing laws by any body or document.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2005, 05:32:52 PM »

bump.

Note: Now that my exams are done, I will be working on a new constitution. I invite people to send me their ideas, and I will introduce a draft as a proposition in this thread.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2005, 08:42:42 PM »

bump.

Note: Now that my exams are done, I will be working on a new constitution. I invite people to send me their ideas, and I will introduce a draft as a proposition in this thread.

Is there a link anywhere to the old constitution?
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2005, 08:45:07 PM »

bump.

Is there a link anywhere to the old constitution?

Never mind, I found it
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2005, 12:01:53 AM »

X Sam Spade

on both MAS117 and Fezzy's Propositions
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2005, 03:18:46 AM »

There will be no point amending a constitution on the same day as that constitution becomes void. I will of course be vetoing this amendment again to avoid any complications. I will look into having the offices run separately in the new constitution, however.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2005, 02:04:43 PM »

There will be no point amending a constitution on the same day as that constitution becomes void. I will of course be vetoing this amendment again to avoid any complications. I will look into having the offices run separately in the new constitution, however.

And the Constitution is becoming void, how?
Rin-chan
rinchan089
YaBB God
Japan

Political Matrix
E: 6.84, S: 5.57

« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2005, 05:49:46 PM »

OK, I decided to modify this a bit and put it up for the region. (Worth a try, right?)

Northeast Abortion Ban
Definitions:
Abortion - The termination of a pregnancy after, accompanied by, or closely followed by the death of the embryo or fetus; especially: the medical procedure of inducing expulsion of a human fetus to terminate a pregnancy.
Revoke -  To void or annul by recalling, withdrawing, or reversing.
Terms:
1. Any performance of an abortion after 15 weeks of pregnancy, for any reason other than to save the mother's life, by any resident of Atlasia, is hereby banned.
2. Any person who performs an abortion in the Northeast, except to save the mother's life, shall be punished by imprisonment  by imprisonment for a minimum of ten (10) and a maximum of twenty-five (25) years, a fine of up to $10,000, and by permanent revoking of the license to practice medicine or nursing in the Northeastern Region, when applicable.
3. Any medical or nursing professional who seeks to perform an abortion on a woman to save her life, must have the consent of the mother or a chosen decision-maker.
4. Any woman who obtains an abortion in the Northeast, except to save her life, shall be punished by imprisonment from a minimum of three (3) and a maximum of seven (7) years.

X Rin-chan
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2005, 06:08:18 PM »

It will be replaced by a new one
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2005, 06:10:17 PM »

It will be replaced by a new one

Provided the Northeast approves it.  Tongue
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2005, 10:35:12 PM »

OK, I decided to modify this a bit and put it up for the region. (Worth a try, right?)

Northeast Abortion Ban
Definitions:
Abortion - The termination of a pregnancy after, accompanied by, or closely followed by the death of the embryo or fetus; especially: the medical procedure of inducing expulsion of a human fetus to terminate a pregnancy.
Terms:
1. Any performance of an abortion after 15 weeks of pregnancy, for any reason other than to save the mother's life, by any resident of Atlasia, is hereby banned.
2. Any person who performs an abortion in the Northeast, except to save the mother's life, shall be punished by imprisonment  by imprisonment for a minimum of ten (10) and a maximum of twenty-five (25) years, a fine of up to $10,000, and by permanent revoking of the license to practice medicine or nursing in the Northeastern Region, when applicable.
3. Any medical or nursing professional who seeks to perform an abortion on a woman to save her life, must have the consent of the mother or a chosen decision-maker.
4. Any woman who obtains an abortion in the Northeast, except to save her life, shall be punished by imprisonment from a minimum of three (3) and a maximum of seven (7) years.

Doesn't clause 1 contradict the other 3 clauses?
Emsworth
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2005, 08:45:39 PM »

Clause 1 allows abortions before the fetus is 15 weeks old. Clauses 2 and 3 punish abortions that are performed for any purpose other than saving the mother's life, even if they are performed before the 15-week deadline.
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2005, 01:58:54 PM »

Clause 1 allows abortions before the fetus is 15 weeks old. Clauses 2 and 3 punish abortions that are performed for any purpose other than saving the mother's life, even if they are performed before the 15-week deadline.

Oh, right, right.  Sorry I forgot to change them all after I changed the first one (duh!).  Here it is fixed:

Northeast Abortion Ban
Definitions:
Terms:
2. Any person who performs an abortion after 15 weeks of pregnancy in the Northeast, except to save the mother's life, shall be punished by imprisonment  by imprisonment for a minimum of ten (10) and a maximum of twenty-five (25) years, a fine of up to $10,000, and by permanent revoking of the license to practice medicine or nursing in the Northeastern Region, when applicable.
3. Any medical or nursing professional who seeks to perform an abortion after 15 weeks of pregnancy on a woman to save her life, must have the consent of the mother or a chosen decision-maker.
4. Any woman who obtains an abortion after 15 weeks of pregnancy in the Northeast, except to save her life, shall be punished by imprisonment from a minimum of three (3) and a maximum of seven (7) years.

x Boss Tweed

I will vote for it, but the Hon. Gov. Earl Andrew Washburn will without a doubt veto.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2005, 02:17:18 PM »

My signature applies to the revised version also.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2005, 08:30:12 PM »

Oh, right, right.  Sorry I forgot to change them all after I changed the first one (duh!).  Here it is fixed:

Northeast Abortion Ban
Definitions:
Terms:
2. Any person who performs an abortion after 15 weeks of pregnancy in the Northeast, except to save the mother's life, shall be punished by imprisonment  by imprisonment for a minimum of ten (10) and a maximum of twenty-five (25) years, a fine of up to $10,000, and by permanent revoking of the license to practice medicine or nursing in the Northeastern Region, when applicable.
3. Any medical or nursing professional who seeks to perform an abortion after 15 weeks of pregnancy on a woman to save her life, must have the consent of the mother or a chosen decision-maker.
4. Any woman who obtains an abortion after 15 weeks of pregnancy in the Northeast, except to save her life, shall be punished by imprisonment from a minimum of three (3) and a maximum of seven (7) years.

x Boss Tweed

I will vote for it, but the Hon. Gov. Earl Andrew Washburn will without a doubt veto.

I doubt it would even pass.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2005, 10:08:09 PM »

Northeast Abortion Ban
Definitions:
Terms:

x Boss Tweed

I doubt it would even pass.

Eh...it's worth a try.  Maybe only social conservatives will notice it and pass it and you'll sign it because you forgot that anyone in this region would vote for it.  It could happen! Tongue

P.S.- So are you saying you would veto it?

While I don't like to get into the abortion debate, I do feel it is an issue best left to the ladies. hmm... I bet Rin-chan and Texasgurl will cancel eachother's vote out Tongue. I would probably end up vetoing it, but I'll tell you what, I won't bother if it passes 3/4 Cheesy
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2006, 06:35:20 PM »

Yes, this is the third weekend of January, so it will be put up to vote this weekend.

I just wanted to apologize to the region for being tardy on the constitution, and it will not appear on the ballot for January. However, I am hoping to get to work on it ASAP and will have a special election for it after the RL election here in Canada.

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies