MN-07: Fischbach in
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 25, 2024, 07:47:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MN-07: Fischbach in
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: MN-07: Fischbach in  (Read 5003 times)
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: September 09, 2019, 08:04:13 AM »

The NRCC now has to focus on some offense now and they could be stupid but even the pundits are catching on and calling it a tossup. Then again they still want Texas 7th more than this.

I said once before, the NRCC is always fighting the last war, with the map from three cycles ago.

I used the example of how they sank millions in the 1980's into going after seats in NYC and the Bay Area, while leaving rural seats completely uncontested that would cost only a few thousand to go after.

The NRCC and the NRSC are a bit like the french military staff of the late 1930's.

LOL

At least we now know the constant which even the most dramatic realignments just can’t change: Republican incompetence.

Unfortunately for American conservatism
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #76 on: September 09, 2019, 08:29:23 AM »

The NRCC now has to focus on some offense now and they could be stupid but even the pundits are catching on and calling it a tossup. Then again they still want Texas 7th more than this.

I said once before, the NRCC is always fighting the last war, with the map from three cycles ago.

I used the example of how they sank millions in the 1980's into going after seats in NYC and the Bay Area, while leaving rural seats completely uncontested that would cost only a few thousand to go after.

The NRCC and the NRSC are a bit like the french military staff of the late 1930's.

Yeah high levels ruining grassroot activism like De Gaulle who wrote the combined arms tactics way before anyone else.
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #77 on: September 09, 2019, 08:43:32 AM »

Yeah high levels ruining grassroot activism like De Gaulle who wrote the combined arms tactics way before anyone else.

To be honest, De Gaulle was not the only one to understand the importance of tanks, Guderian was also a very active proponent of this theory.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #78 on: September 09, 2019, 12:54:09 PM »

You DO realize how contrary those two statements are?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #79 on: September 09, 2019, 12:58:22 PM »

Likely R under current conditions.

Tossup under a recession and if the trade war's chickens come home to roost.

R.P. McM
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

« Reply #80 on: September 10, 2019, 05:40:29 AM »
« Edited: September 11, 2019, 02:17:26 AM by R.P. McM »

I'm sure the district that Trump won by 30 is going to swing hard left because of muh trade issues

Last year some democrats on Twitter thought that Heitkamp would be reelected because of the ''Trade War''.

Yeah, some people on this website just have a hard time accepting the fact that hordes of voters vote against their interests and will continue to do so. Look no further than Appalachia or specifically Kentucky.

I don't really see why rural voters would have any interest to vote for a party who despise them and who mock their values.

Racism, anti-intellectualism, government dependency, and p***y-grabbing? The consensus seems to be that the center-right chairman of the Ag Committee, representing a rural district heavily dependent on soybean production, is in serious danger of losing his seat to a Trumpist trade war proponent. Should the voters of MN-7 opt to slit their own economic throats, they'll be deserving of every ounce of contempt educated cosmopolitans pile on.  
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #81 on: September 10, 2019, 05:03:53 PM »

^I’m not going to comment on the rest of this hackish comment, but in what universe is Collin Peterson's voting record best described as "center-right"?
R.P. McM

« Reply #82 on: September 10, 2019, 10:34:25 PM »
« Edited: September 20, 2019, 04:23:27 PM by R.P. McM »

^I’m not going to comment on the rest of this hackish comment

"Hackish" would imply that I'm suggesting Peterson's district is safe-D. No, he could very well lose, I'm just expressing my towering disdain for the electorate of an agricultural district that would replace a powerful chairman with a trade war proponent on behalf of a protectionist p***y-grabber. Can you comprehend the difference? I'm not painting a rosy scenario for the Democrat, I'm expressing my utter contempt for rural whites. Which may make me acerbic, but certainly doesn't render me a hack.

in what universe is Collin Peterson's voting record best described as "center-right"?

The universe in which being opposed to abortion, gay marriage, gun control, and climate change legislation, and in favor of border walls, tax cuts, and flag-burning amendments makes one "center-right." This universe, in other words. Listen, this isn't a Cory Gardner-esque situation in which a politician has zero regard for the views of his constituents, and has essentially perpetrated a single-term electoral scam. Collin Peterson has served 14 terms, and his voting record closely aligns with the views of his constituents. But, perhaps, not closely enough on the issues of partisanship, Trump sycophancy, and hatred of the folks who bankroll rural subsidies/bailouts. Which would be sad, but hardly unexpected.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #83 on: September 10, 2019, 10:56:27 PM »

I think that Bishop's special election win in North Carolina tonight, while not predictive of this race, nevertheless shows that the urban-rural divide is continuing to worsen. And this does not bode well for Peterson. I'm more sure at this point that polarization will knock him off in 2020.
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #84 on: September 11, 2019, 12:36:26 AM »

^I’m not going to comment on the rest of this hackish comment, but in what universe is Collin Peterson's voting record best described as "center-right"?

Yeah, Peterson is hardly a center right dude, the guy is very close to Nancy Pelosi and a few months ago he voted to increase the minimum wage by 100% (which would destroy small businesses in his low cost of living district).
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #85 on: September 11, 2019, 12:37:38 AM »

I think that Bishop's special election win in North Carolina tonight, while not predictive of this race, nevertheless shows that the urban-rural divide is continuing to worsen. And this does not bode well for Peterson. I'm more sure at this point that polarization will knock him off in 2020.

Peterson and Brindisi are probably the underdog in their respective race. Too many rural voters for them to survive.
R.P. McM

« Reply #86 on: September 11, 2019, 12:44:14 AM »
« Edited: September 11, 2019, 01:28:47 AM by R.P. McM »

Yeah, Peterson is hardly a center right dude, the guy is very close to Nancy Pelosi and a few months ago he voted to increase the minimum wage by 100% (which would destroy small businesses in his low cost of living district).

So raising the minimum wage is unpopular in MN-7? No? So it's not so much that Peterson is supporting far-left policies in opposition to his constituents' wishes, it's that he's supporting broadly popular, mainstream policies that a small sliver of the Randian right opposes. Which, who gives a s**+?

Also, the statewide minimum wage is currently ~$10/hr. Does Peterson want to make it ~$20/hr?
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #87 on: September 11, 2019, 12:49:13 AM »

So raising the minimum wage is unpopular in MN-7? No? So it's not so much that Peterson is voting in opposition to his constituents' wishes, just in opposition to your ideological priors. Which, who gives a sh!+?

I doubt that a $15 dollars minimum wage is popular in a such conservative district.
Anyway, the point is that Peterson is not ’’center right’’ by any standard.
R.P. McM

« Reply #88 on: September 11, 2019, 12:59:44 AM »
« Edited: September 12, 2019, 12:44:04 AM by R.P. McM »

So raising the minimum wage is unpopular in MN-7? No? So it's not so much that Peterson is voting in opposition to his constituents' wishes, just in opposition to your ideological priors. Which, who gives a sh!+?

I doubt that a $15 dollars minimum wage is popular in a such conservative district.

I bet, at the very least, a plurality of MN-7 currently supports a $15/hr minimum wage. Here's a Pew poll in which it's favored, nationally, 67% – 33%:

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2019/07/30/two-thirds-of-americans-favor-raising-federal-minimum-wage-to-15-an-hour/

Even very conservative parts of MN generally have a populist outlook — not big proponents of bending over a barrel for moneyed interests ala Southern whites.

But you folks are really doing a sh***y job of defending the notion that an opponent of abortion, gay marriage, gun control, and climate change legislation in 2019 isn't "center-right." If the problem is that Peterson hasn't fellated Trump enough, and the voters of MN-7 need to slit their own economic throats in response, you should just come out and say it. It's embarrassing, and yeah, it makes them seem like contemptible morons — especially when they invariably come begging for a bailout — but honesty is preferred.

Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #89 on: September 11, 2019, 01:05:59 AM »

I bet at least a plurality currently supports a $15/hr. minimum wage in MN-7. But you folks are really doing a sh***y job of defending the notion that an opponent of abortion, gay marriage, gun control, and climate change legislation in 2019 isn't "center-right." If the problem is that Peterson hasn't fellated Trump enough, and the voters of MN-7 need to slit their own economic throats in response, you should just come out and say it. It's embarrassing, and yeah, it makes them seem like contemptible morons — especially when they invariably come begging for a bailout — but honesty is preferred.

So much anger !! You should seek help.
R.P. McM

« Reply #90 on: September 11, 2019, 01:15:49 AM »

I bet at least a plurality currently supports a $15/hr. minimum wage in MN-7. But you folks are really doing a sh***y job of defending the notion that an opponent of abortion, gay marriage, gun control, and climate change legislation in 2019 isn't "center-right." If the problem is that Peterson hasn't fellated Trump enough, and the voters of MN-7 need to slit their own economic throats in response, you should just come out and say it. It's embarrassing, and yeah, it makes them seem like contemptible morons — especially when they invariably come begging for a bailout — but honesty is preferred.

Republicans should seek help — I didn't vote for an unqualified, unhinged, Nazi-praising, racist sexual predator in order to express my seething contempt for people with diplomas and teeth.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #91 on: September 11, 2019, 03:35:45 AM »

Republicans should seek help — I didn't vote for an unqualified, unhinged, Nazi-praising, racist sexual predator in order to express my seething contempt for people with diplomas and teeth.

It's no wonder you guys will lose MN-07. People may not hate Peterson but they do hate everything you just said here, and if voting for Peterson means giving that party more power in a tight race for control of the House, they may just say no.
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -1.91

« Reply #92 on: September 11, 2019, 04:18:36 AM »

Terrible take. Minimum wage increases are popular in conservative areas throughout the country-they've passed by large margins in ballot initiatives even in states like Arkansas. You seem to think that just because's an area is Republican leaning, its voters adhere to the Chicago School of Economics.

Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #93 on: September 11, 2019, 04:55:59 AM »

Terrible take. Minimum wage increases are popular in conservative areas throughout the country-they've passed by large margins in ballot initiatives even in states like Arkansas. You seem to think that just because's an area is Republican leaning, its voters adhere to the Chicago School of Economics.

Yeah, increasing the minimum wage to $11 dollars over a few years is a winning issue, but increasing the minimum wage by 100% to $15 (while the inflation is quite low) is not popular in conservative areas. And it would be very dumb from a economic perspective considering that the cost of living in rural Minnesota is not very high.
R.P. McM

« Reply #94 on: September 12, 2019, 12:35:44 AM »
« Edited: September 19, 2019, 11:43:54 PM by R.P. McM »

It's no wonder you guys will lose MN-07. People may not hate Peterson but they do hate everything you just said here, and if voting for Peterson means giving that party more power in a tight race for control of the House, they may just say no.

Good — now imagine that I'm not a pseudonymous poster on an obscure internet forum, but the President of the United States. And I'm also a racist, a rapist, and mentally unhinged. Fact is, rural whites have absolutely no leg to stand on — you don't hear Nancy Pelosi spewing the same bile about white trash as Donald Trump regurgitates, regularly, about ethnic minorities. So spare me the sanctimonious BS.    
R.P. McM

« Reply #95 on: September 12, 2019, 02:10:49 AM »
« Edited: September 13, 2019, 09:25:48 AM by Silurian »

Yeah, increasing the minimum wage to $11 dollars over a few years is a winning issue, but increasing the minimum wage by 100% to $15

Liar — the minimum wage is already ~$10/hr in MN. And it's indexed to inflation, so it's not even a 50% increase we're talking about. It's overwhelmingly popular, apart from the Randian fringe.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #96 on: September 12, 2019, 04:12:15 PM »
« Edited: September 13, 2019, 09:25:02 AM by Silurian »

Yeah, increasing the minimum wage to $11 dollars over a few years is a winning issue, but increasing the minimum wage by 100% to $15

Liar — the minimum wage is already ~$10/hr in MN. And it's indexed to inflation, so it's not even a 50% increase we're talking about. It's overwhelmingly popular, apart from the Randian fringe.

Not to mention, this raised to $15 an hour I believe is to be implemented incrementally, no?

You don't like it because poor and Working Class People benefit, but most people do. Sorry
Frenchrepublican
Junior Chimp

P P P
« Reply #97 on: September 13, 2019, 03:38:46 AM »
« Edited: September 13, 2019, 09:24:32 AM by Silurian »

Liar — the minimum wage is already ~$10/hr in MN. And it's indexed to inflation, so it's not even a 50% increase we're talking about. It's overwhelmingly popular, apart from the Randian fringe. deleted

Peterson is a congressman which means he is voting on federal bills, as of now the federal minimum wage is $ 7.5/hour, so increasing it to $15 is a 100% increase. And no, increasing the minimum wage to $15 is not popular in this district, the issue is polling at around 55% nationwide (which shows how stupid many voters are), so it means that in areas which are fairly conservative like this district a such position is a losing one.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #98 on: September 13, 2019, 04:05:49 AM »
« Edited: September 13, 2019, 09:24:53 AM by Silurian »

Stupid moron - Peterson is a congressman which means he is voting on federal bills, as of now the federal minimum wage is $ 7.5/hour, so increasing it to $15 is a 100% increase. And no, increasing the minimum wage to $15 is not popular in this district, the issue is polling at around 55% nationwide (which shows how stupid many voters are), so it means that in areas which are fairly conservative like this district a such position is a losing one.

You can't apply a uniform swing to issue polling lol, it's entirely possible MN-07 voters want a $15 minimum wage. For many households there, $15 is not extreme but is at the level of a living wage or even still below it.
R.P. McM

« Reply #99 on: September 17, 2019, 11:09:38 PM »
« Edited: September 17, 2019, 11:21:40 PM by R.P. McM »

Liar — the minimum wage is already ~$10/hr in MN. And it's indexed to inflation, so it's not even a 50% increase we're talking about. It's overwhelmingly popular, apart from the Randian fringe. deleted

Peterson is a congressman which means he is voting on federal bills, as of now the federal minimum wage is $ 7.5/hour, so increasing it to $15 is a 100% increase. And no, increasing the minimum wage to $15 is not popular in this district, the issue is polling at around 55% nationwide (which shows how stupid many voters are), so it means that in areas which are fairly conservative like this district a such position is a losing one.

Citation? Doubt it. Collin Peterson is much smarter than you give him credit for. Same story with any longtime incumbent representing a district that ought to be held by the opposition party. And, honestly, you need to accept that Randian economics is popular precisely nowhere. You're relying on white trash racism to feather your bed, and frankly, you should be ashamed. As Lee Atwater noted, n*gger, n*gger, n*gger is your political strategy.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies