WV-MetroNews: Manchin +10
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:41:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  WV-MetroNews: Manchin +10
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: WV-MetroNews: Manchin +10  (Read 1643 times)
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2019, 01:50:40 PM »

I don't know much about WV politics, but has Manchin been grooming anyone?

It's honestly not a bad idea.  Manchin is 72 years old and declining in popularity as he gets more national attention.  It would be good for him to win the governor's mansion, put in a successor who's likely to hold the seat not just in 2024 but in several elections to come, and continue working at the state level to build the party.
Skunk
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -9.48

« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2019, 02:01:28 PM »

I think Manchin would win rather easily. Justice is unpopular, and Republican voters would rather have the Senate seat than the Governorship, methinks.
You think that Republican voters of WV (and other states, for the record, I am not just spitting upon rural America from my ivory private liberal arts college tower for once) are smart enough to think of how Manchin's governorship would benefit Republicans? They'll just see (R) and vote Justice cause he's not an evil Demoncrat. If Manchin does run and does win, it'll be by about the same margin his Senate race was, maybe less.

Also, lmao at this:
put in a successor who's likely to hold the seat not just in 2024 but in several elections to come, and continue working at the state level to build the party.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2019, 02:22:32 PM »

Manchin is likely to stay in Senate, as he sees his background check bill as probable in a secular Congress, with Joe Biden at the helm.

Before, the Dem prospects looked bleak, at taking control. But, now thanks to Mcconnell's obstruction, Dem chances and even padding that majority look bright.  This is another reason why, Joe Kennedy wants out of House, he wants to fundraise right along his partner Van Hollen.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2019, 02:35:25 PM »

I don't know much about WV politics, but has Manchin been grooming anyone?

It's honestly not a bad idea.  Manchin is 72 years old and declining in popularity as he gets more national attention.  It would be good for him to win the governor's mansion, put in a successor who's likely to hold the seat not just in 2024 but in several elections to come, and continue working at the state level to build the party.

Not possible, Manchin is the final hurrah for the foreseeable future.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2019, 04:35:40 PM »

GOP Primary:
Justice 53
Thrasher 19
Folk 12

what are these names
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »