A Nation at Cross Roads - A 2024 Election Game (Sign-up & OOC Thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 06:54:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  A Nation at Cross Roads - A 2024 Election Game (Sign-up & OOC Thread) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which News Org Should Cover Results?
CNN
Fox News
MSNBC
ABC
CBS
NBC
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: A Nation at Cross Roads - A 2024 Election Game (Sign-up & OOC Thread)  (Read 9148 times)
Mycool

Political Matrix
E: -4.58, S: -6.52

« on: August 26, 2019, 10:49:12 PM »

I have a few concerns about this being stacked in Republicans’ favor, but I think I’ll jump in as Tammy Duckworth if there’s still room for candidates.
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2019, 04:09:36 PM »

Tammy Duckworth Announces Presidential Run in Chicago

Tammy Duckworth: giving birth shouldn't force me to give up my Senate vote on key bills - Vox

"Hello, Chicago! Five years ago, I became the first Senator to give birth while in office, and I learned a lesson that working mothers around the country have all learned at some point, that the rules were not written for us. You know there's a problem when there's no rule in your workplace that allows for paid family leave, or for caring for your child at the workplace. I know that balancing workplace and parental responsibilities is a challenge that many of us, men and women, experience every day, and I believe that our policies need to adapt to that reality.

Ten years ago, I had the pleasure of getting pregnant. Like many parents, it was a journey to get there. I was in my forties, having chosen to continue serving in the army when many of my peers began having babies, and my VA doctor told me that I was too old. It was when I went to a fertility doctor that I was able to conceive my first daughter. It turns out, my doctor worked at a facility that did not allow for fertilizing embryos outside of the body, and I was never informed. This simple fact made the difference in my ability to conceive, my ability to be a mother. I know that if the former Director of the Illinois Veterans Affairs could miss that information, then many other families could have as well, and I believe it's time to modernize our healthcare system where this kind of information is transparent, so that people can make informed decisions with the help of their medical professionals.

Nineteen years ago, I lost both of my legs while serving in the Iraq War. I am so thankful for the heroes who saved my life that day, and for the quality care that I received. It was this moment where I decided to dedicate my life to public service, whether it be working with veterans with PTSD as the Director of the Illinois Veterans Affairs, or modernizing parental policies in the Senate, I have felt the call to serve my country. It's because of this very call that I'm here today.

I'm here to announce that I am running for the Democratic nomination for President of the United States. After eight years of division, of partisanship, and gridlock, it's time for a President who can unite and serve every American. We need a President committed to keeping assault weapons off the streets, we need a paid parental leave policy that allows us to tackle the wage gap, and we need to address our education system, giving our teachers a raise and modernizing our classrooms. That's why I'm running for President, to fight for every single one of these issues keeping us up at night."
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2019, 04:32:35 PM »

S019 has requested been granted an extension to Sunday. If you haven't posted your schedule, debate answers, ads, and endorsements, now is the time to do it.
Can this be the final extension for this turn? It’s already been extended a week, and I’m looking forward to this game really gearing up!
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2019, 01:57:11 PM »

Will we have a proper turn update alongside the election results?
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2019, 10:13:39 AM »

Would it be alright with everyone if I post the next turn by Noon instead of 5:30 PM?
I’d prefer it, if possible!
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2019, 05:02:58 PM »

When does the current turn end?
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2019, 07:10:53 PM »

Okay, i may need to extend a little because my mother has just been diagnosed with bowel cancer.

So sorry to hear that about your mother!  Sad
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2019, 08:17:09 PM »

I won’t be able to post reactions as I’m at a show tonight! Good luck everyone!
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2019, 11:37:01 PM »

I'll also need an extension, potentially to this weekend.
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2019, 11:32:31 AM »

Any estimate on when the rest of the results will be posted?
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2020, 11:22:10 AM »

Any estimate on when the rest of the results will be posted?

Apologies. I've been tired as of late. You can expect the next results sometime tomorrow. I'm currently staying up for the New Years, so I have no idea when that will be, but keep an eye out.
Thank you! Hope you had a happy New Year’s Eve!
Mycool

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2020, 12:10:57 PM »

I’ll have my turn up by tonight!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies