Israel's BFF calls American Jews "disloyal"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 10:33:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Israel's BFF calls American Jews "disloyal"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: Israel's BFF calls American Jews "disloyal"  (Read 5626 times)
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -7.91

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2019, 07:06:03 PM »

It's as bad as Pressleys comments about blacks who aren't dem.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2019, 07:37:43 PM »

My official response as a Jewish Atlas Republican:

President Trump's comments toward my Jewish brother and sisters on the centrist and progressive side of the political spectrum were completely unwarranted and reprehensible.

American Jews are loyal to the United States of America and owe no loyalties to any politician, political party or ideology.

President Trump's policies on Israel have been, for the most part, very much welcome and appreciated. However, supporting Israel is not enough.

To be an ally of the Jewish community you must be able to demonstrate a respect for our status as a minority group, a religious-ethnic group and as an independent voter's bloc with diverging attitudes on politics and policy issues.

President Trump, in the past few months, has failed to show respect in all of these categories. Mr. President, we are not a trophy to be put on some useless shelf of political prizes.

We are also not a political weapon against your opponents. It is appalling to me, a lifelong Jewish Republican and supporter of Israel, that you would use us, the US-Israel Relationship, and partisanship as wedge issues in the 2020 election campaign.

Last week, U.S. Congressman Ted Lieu (D-CA) made incredibly insensitive remarks about the US Ambassador to Israel, David Friedman. He essentially accused him of dual loyalties - a purely antisemitic canard.

I passionately called on my progressive Jewish friends to denounce Lieu's comments. Many of them did. And eventually Congressman Lieu apologized.

Apologies are usually not enough, in my opinion, but I am glad to see public pressure forced him to delete his tweet.

Mr. President, you must apologize. You must distance yourself from your own comments. You must, for one damn time, put our country first.

Your comments have hurt the Jewish community and have leaned into a dark form of antisemitism for political points.

This comment, in addition to a host of comments you have over the past month, have made it clear that you are not fit for the office of President of the United States.

I cannot support you any longer. Not unless you change course and put our country first.

I will vote my conscience in 2020.

Not in spite of my Republican values, but because of my Republican Values.
Not in spite of my Jewish values, but because of my Jewish Values.
And not in spite of my support of the US-Israel Relationship, but because of my support for the US-Israel Relationship.

Amazing Post Sunrise,

Sadly though Trump wont change because he puts himself constantly above the nation over and over again , and literally believes anyone who doesnt literally bow down to him are disloyal and unamerican.  The problem is that Un-American belief that Trump has is a core belief of his and he wont change that.

RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2019, 07:39:59 PM »

Fuzzy is a hypocrite for asking me, A PALESTINIAN to condemn a religious leader long dead, but yet won't condemn Trump's comments about Jews today. I'm pretty sure he's ONLY asking me to because I'm Palestinian

Because he's giddy with excitement to see all the Jews die in the "end times."

Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2019, 07:42:23 PM »

Again, we know he's trash. He only cares about any minority group as tokens or when they support him. His support for us is skin deep and always has been.

It's why most Jews don't support him or his party. It in no way makes less dangerous the fact that vicious antisemites are infiltrating the party that most Jews call home.

Right-wing antisemitism is coarse and obvious. Left-wing antisemitism wants us to take our beating and say "Thank you, sir, may I have another?".
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2019, 08:00:10 PM »

Anti-Defamation League CEO Jonathan Greenblatt tweeted ...

Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2019, 08:00:18 PM »
« Edited: August 20, 2019, 08:12:28 PM by Fuzzy Stands With Angel Moms and Sanchez! »

My official response as a Jewish Atlas Republican:

President Trump's comments toward my Jewish brother and sisters on the centrist and progressive side of the political spectrum were completely unwarranted and reprehensible.

American Jews are loyal to the United States of America and owe no loyalties to any politician, political party or ideology.

President Trump's policies on Israel have been, for the most part, very much welcome and appreciated. However, supporting Israel is not enough.

To be an ally of the Jewish community you must be able to demonstrate a respect for our status as a minority group, a religious-ethnic group and as an independent voter's bloc with diverging attitudes on politics and policy issues.

President Trump, in the past few months, has failed to show respect in all of these categories. Mr. President, we are not a trophy to be put on some useless shelf of political prizes.

We are also not a political weapon against your opponents. It is appalling to me, a lifelong Jewish Republican and supporter of Israel, that you would use us, the US-Israel Relationship, and partisanship as wedge issues in the 2020 election campaign.

Last week, U.S. Congressman Ted Lieu (D-CA) made incredibly insensitive remarks about the US Ambassador to Israel, David Friedman. He essentially accused him of dual loyalties - a purely antisemitic canard.

I passionately called on my progressive Jewish friends to denounce Lieu's comments. Many of them did. And eventually Congressman Lieu apologized.

Apologies are usually not enough, in my opinion, but I am glad to see public pressure forced him to delete his tweet.

Mr. President, you must apologize. You must distance yourself from your own comments. You must, for one damn time, put our country first.

Your comments have hurt the Jewish community and have leaned into a dark form of antisemitism for political points.

This comment, in addition to a host of comments you have over the past month, have made it clear that you are not fit for the office of President of the United States.

I cannot support you any longer. Not unless you change course and put our country first.

I will vote my conscience in 2020.

Not in spite of my Republican values, but because of my Republican Values.
Not in spite of my Jewish values, but because of my Jewish Values.
And not in spite of my support of the US-Israel Relationship, but because of my support for the US-Israel Relationship.

Amazing Post Sunrise,

Sadly though Trump wont change because he puts himself constantly above the nation over and over again , and literally believes anyone who doesnt literally bow down to him are disloyal and unamerican.  The problem is that Un-American belief that Trump has is a core belief of his and he wont change that.

Sadly, I find myself agreeing with much of this.  While I haven't gotten to the point of saying I won't vote for Trump (and I honestly haven't made up my mind yet), he really needs to unequivocally apologize, and I don't think he's capable.  Whatever I think of Trump's enemies, there's something wrong with the inability to ever apologize, or refrain from polarizing.  That he's no worse than Omar or Tlaib or a number of others isn't a defense for his failure in this regard.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2019, 08:05:20 PM »

Fuzzy is a hypocrite for asking me, A PALESTINIAN to condemn a religious leader long dead, but yet won't condemn Trump's comments about Jews today. I'm pretty sure he's ONLY asking me to because I'm Palestinian

Because he's giddy with excitement to see all the Jews die in the "end times."

Is this not what most Evangelical Christians believe?
Decay
Rookie
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2019, 08:09:28 PM »

Obviously he will never apologize for these comments, if anything he will double down like he always does.

And if he made comments like this at one of his rallies the crowd would erupt in rapturous applause. 
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2019, 08:09:46 PM »

Trump was wrong for what he said.  He should apologize.  Sadly, he won't, and I don't know that he's capable of this.  I've already posted this, and I certainly condemn this statement.  I'll stand by Sunrise's post on this one.  
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2019, 08:13:01 PM »

Trump was wrong for what he said.  He should apologize.  Sadly, he won't, and I don't know that he's capable of this.  I've already posted this, and I certainly condemn this statement.  I'll stand by Sunrise's post on this one.  

And you should apologize for your bullying of an American teenager today, solely because he happens to have Palestinian ancestry and 80 years ago a prominent Palestinian liked the Nazis. Sadly, you won't, and I don't know that you're capable of this.
Slander and/or Libel
Figs

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.83

« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2019, 08:17:39 PM »

Trump was wrong for what he said.  He should apologize.  Sadly, he won't, and I don't know that he's capable of this.  I've already posted this, and I certainly condemn this statement.  I'll stand by Sunrise's post on this one. 

At least you have the presence of mind to halfway admit that a disgusting performance like the one Trump put on May not be enough to keep you from voting for him next November. That’s almost nothing, but it’s still vastly more than I ever expected from you.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2019, 08:20:57 PM »
« Edited: August 20, 2019, 08:27:05 PM by PSOL »

Like Jesus Christ when condemning the Pharisees, the Temples, and the fig trees in his time, we see that those who oppose the rigid clerical rulers are always in the right. Just as Jesus, or in his more appropriate Hebrew name Yeshua, tried to liberate his people from the awful status of a protectorate from Rome, so too are fighters against apartheid.

We see the hypocrisy of the noahides and leaders in the new Rome, supposedly doing things in the best interest of the Jewish people, instead causing them pain and throwing accusatory remarks on them not going with the systemic program of the empire. It should remind all Jewish people of where they should stand for their best interest.
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -7.91

« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2019, 09:36:11 PM »

And you should apologize for your bullying of an American teenager today, solely because he happens to have Palestinian ancestry and 80 years ago a prominent Palestinian liked the Nazis. Sadly, you won't, and I don't know that you're capable of this.

dude is in his 20s hs not a teenager. stop it
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2019, 09:37:09 PM »

You can be both a Zionist and an antisemite.

Most of those evangelicals don't like the Jews and think they'll all burn in hell, they just need them for their end of days prophecy so they'll support them just for that.

But, of course, you don't know that.  It's just a line you post.

As for the earlier quote, that's pretty hard to accomplish.  

As for Trump's comments, they were graceless, and probably not helpful all around.  But American Jews are, from my vantage point, going through the process that Evangelical Christians have gone through in the political arena.

Once upon a time, it didn't matter a lot, from a religious perspective which major political party you identified with.  Indeed, the first "Born Again" President was Jimmy Carter, a Democrat, and Evangelical Christians were as likely to identify as Democrats as they would identify as Republicans.  Initially, the criticisms were of policy; on issues such as abortion.  Over time, however, the contempt the Democratic Party exudes toward Evangelicals is unmistakable.  Evangelical Christians are viewed as a problem, and as a group that should be viewed with contempt.  I"m not going to go on and on with examples of rhetoric (although I will if people wish to actually contest this point), but Evangelicals are now pretty much considered "the ememy" by Democrats.  They are openly disparaged by Democratic candidates, and Democratic candidates propose all sorts of policy initiatives that seek to marginalize Evangelical Christian presence in public life and in the public square.

When I was a Democratic activist in the 1970s and 1980s, the Democratic Party was, by and large, the party of Jewish voters.  Not on the level that, say, black or Hispanic voters are today, but very much moreso than Italian-American voters or even Irish-American voters and Catholic voters in general (who have been trending to the GOP beginning in the Eisenhower years).  The thought that Democratic pols would be supportive of a boycott of Israel was nonsense; this was advocated by only a few outliers (e. g. Sen. James Abouresk of South Dakota, a Democrat who lasted only one term).  

Jewish voters today are often more culturally liberal than Evangelicals, and their ties to the Democratic Party have been due, in no small measure, to the Democrats' historical opposition to anti-Semitism.  So I find it hard to believe that the increasing prominence, not only from "The Squad" (they'll be a non-issue two years from now), but from other "mainstream" Democratic politicians who have given aid and comfort to the anti-Semitic elements of their party isn't a shock to the system for a lot of Jewish Democrats, including some who are clearly in the liberal camp.  You can't stand with David Ben Gurion and the Grand Mufti at the same time.  You cannot stand with the Jewish people of Israel and support boycotting their nation economically.  Trump's comment is off base.  But I do predict that Jewish Democrats, who have, in many states, been a loyal part of their base, have legitimate justification of asking "Where's the love?" and receiving a meaningful answer.  And some blather about loving Jews but hating Bibi, AIPAC, etc. isn't going to cut it.

I'm ignoring your wall of post, fuzzy, cuz there really isn't much sense it. But regarding your first sentence, without getting into the rapture and your views on that, is it not true you believe that only Christians who accepted Jesus as their lord and savior will Ascend to Heaven? At least iirc among those aged 13 and up?
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2019, 09:45:20 PM »

Why would jews be loyal to a white supremacist nazi enabler? And why does he think jews owe him any loyalty in the first place?

These are totally inappropriate, completely unnecessary and dangerous comments.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2019, 10:29:21 PM »

I can't to see how Shapiro uses LOGIC ATHLETICS to excuse his vote for Trump now.
NYSforKennedy2024
Kander2020
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2019, 11:11:33 PM »

Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #42 on: August 21, 2019, 12:28:38 AM »

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump-jewish-americans-democrat-disloyalty_n_5d5c4ee2e4b0f667ed69c755

Trump Accuses Jewish Americans Who Vote Democrat Of ‘Disloyalty’

The president told reporters that Democratic Jewish Americans show “great disloyalty,” despite 79% of them voting Democrat in the 2018 midterms.

President Donald Trump said Tuesday that Jewish people in the U.S. who vote for members of the Democratic Party are not loyal.

“I think any Jewish people that vote for a Democrat, I think it shows either a total lack of knowledge or great disloyalty,” he told reporters when speaking about Israel barring Reps. Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.) and Rashida Tlaib (D-Mich.), two lawmakers who have been critical of the Israeli government, from entering.

Trump: “I think any Jewish people that vote for a Democrat — I think it shows either a total lack of knowledge or great disloyalty.”
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #43 on: August 21, 2019, 12:30:50 AM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=331209.0
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #44 on: August 21, 2019, 01:51:54 AM »

Seems like the so called prez has a fundamental lack of understanding what democracy means. This used to be either funny if it was a joke, or an outrage under any other officeholder. We shouldn't pretend this to be normal behavior from a prez, because this. is. not. normal.

He believes anyone opposed to him is a disloyal traitor or simply stupid because he's living in an alternate reality where he thinks he's the most successful prez ever. Most likely, the dude is suffering from an inferiority complex, which is now added to early stages of dementia. Mr. Trump is totally unable to recognize facts, and this why he shouldn't be prez.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #45 on: August 21, 2019, 06:17:33 AM »

Seems like the so called prez has a fundamental lack of understanding what democracy means. This used to be either funny if it was a joke, or an outrage under any other officeholder. We shouldn't pretend this to be normal behavior from a prez, because this. is. not. normal.

Donald Trump is a humorless man, so it is not a joke. Jews have voted heavily Democratic for a long time, and aside from aligning with Israeli politicians  unpopular with most American Jews, Trump has done little to bring Jews over to the GOP. It is possible to cultivate the vote of a religious minority, as Eisenhower did with Mormons in the early 1950's. Trump has been far less effective -- and far more reckless.

President Trump inflicts political pain upon those who did not vote for him the last time, which is bad politics in a democracy. Bad politics contributes to political defeat, and with a President who became such through the mere good luck and winning the right votes,    such incompetence will likely cause him to lose the 2020 election.

He believes anyone opposed to him is a disloyal traitor or simply stupid because he's living in an alternate reality where he thinks he's the most successful prez ever. Most likely, the dude is suffering from an inferiority complex, which is now added to early stages of dementia. Mr. Trump is totally unable to recognize facts, and this why he shouldn't be prez.

Dementia brings out the worst in people. Most people have their potential Dark Sides and have enough self-control to avoid letting those come to the fore. He has always been an extreme narcissist with sociopathic tendencies. Character depends upon self-control, and Trump seems to have lost it. Bad behavior is commonplace among people in the 'memory care' units of nursing homes.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #46 on: August 21, 2019, 08:17:44 AM »

Trump is the King of Israel? The second coming of God?

soundchaser

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.26

P P P
« Reply #47 on: August 21, 2019, 08:21:34 AM »

You’re not supposed to say “I’m the second coming of Christ” aloud, even if you actually believe it.

Also, wait, aren’t most Jews still waiting for the first coming?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #48 on: August 21, 2019, 08:49:41 AM »

American Jews arent required to do military service like their Israeli counterparts in Israel; as a result, American Jews are Democrats and Israeli Jews are Republicans.  But, since no more intifada by Palestinians, less are going into combat, more are going to reserve forces.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #49 on: August 21, 2019, 09:02:16 AM »

Dang, I should have kept it authentic and put 'Trump, King of the Jews' rather than 'Trump, King of the Americans' in my timeline's death scene.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies