MA-SEN Megathread: Senator Markey wins (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:46:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MA-SEN Megathread: Senator Markey wins (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MA-SEN Megathread: Senator Markey wins  (Read 67718 times)
Heir of Camelot
heirofCamelot
United States

« on: May 12, 2020, 01:04:16 PM »
« edited: May 12, 2020, 06:35:06 PM by Heir of Camelot »

Markey seems like an okay guy but he's also a Dinosaur. Our government is run by Dinosaurs to an extent never before seem (the "founding fathers" were all pretty young at the time). Just look at the average age of the Senate and especially the 2 major Presidential candidates, half senile Grandpas that should probably be in a retirement community somewhere.

I'm glad young leaders like JK3 are making a move instead of "waiting their turn." They've been waiting for decades. Heck Gen X basically got skipped over completely while the Boomers clung to power for like 40 years.
Heir of Camelot
heirofCamelot
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2020, 10:10:47 PM »

it also helps that unlike the other members of the family he is both an attractive & scandal free version (seriously it helps hugely)

He's decent looking. He's not in the same league as JFK or even Bobby, let alone greek god JFK Jr. who was arguably the handsomest man in the world at one point.
Heir of Camelot
heirofCamelot
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2020, 11:35:23 PM »

So what did JK3's wife think is his worst trait? Such a tease.
Heir of Camelot
heirofCamelot
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2020, 10:28:01 AM »

Boomers refuse to step aside and go quietly into their golden years because they are addicted to power. It has made the Senate and Presidency more geriatric than any point in history.

You're going to see young leaders primarying Dinosaurs more and more because it's the only way to attain higher office anymore.

JK3, AOC, and Eric Swallwell have all had to run against senior citizens to get their seats and they won't be the only ones. The electorate is ready for some fresh faces. I don't feel bad for the Boomers. Go play some golf or hang out with your grandkids. You had your time.
Heir of Camelot
heirofCamelot
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2020, 10:53:59 AM »

Boomers refuse to step aside and go quietly into their golden years because they are addicted to power. It has made the Senate and Presidency more geriatric than any point in history.

You're going to see young leaders primarying Dinosaurs more and more because it's the only way to attain higher office anymore.

JK3, AOC, and Eric Swallwell have all had to run against senior citizens to get their seats and they won't be the only ones. The electorate is ready for some fresh faces. I don't feel bad for the Boomers. Go play some golf or hang out with your grandkids. You had your time.

Then why does the electorate keep electing Boomers (& even members of the Silent Generation!) to the Senate & Presidency to such an extent that they have, as you said, "made the Senate and Presidency more geriatric than any point in history"? Maybe because a majority of the electorate (barring the occasional House district here & there) doesn't actually give a crap?

Because a majority of the the electorate is and has been Boomers and Silent Gen.
Heir of Camelot
heirofCamelot
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2020, 11:03:15 AM »

Boomers will keep voting for Boomers. They do that in business too. Which is why Boomers own everything. They've been doing it since the "don't trust anyone over 30" days in the 60's and it's actually incredibly smart. I've had issues in my Real Estate career with our peers using Boomer Realtors instead of their friends because we were all raised by helicopter parents and ingrained to "trust the Boomers" to handle everything (but that's finally starting to change in the last year or so).

But you're going to see Gen X and Millenials and even Zoomers start wising up and voting for people who are more in touch with their generational struggles and not replaying political squabbles from 50 years ago. More AOC's, JK3's etc.

It really should have been Gen X's year to field a Presidential nominee. But they have basically been skipped. *note, I'm an "Xennial."
Heir of Camelot
heirofCamelot
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2020, 12:42:41 PM »

But you're going to see Gen X and Millenials and even Zoomers start wising up and voting for people who are more in touch with their generational struggles and not replaying political squabbles from 50 years ago. More AOC's, JK3's etc.

I'm not sure that a literal member of the Kennedy family has faced the same generational struggles as your average Gen Xer or Millenial.

That's fair. You got me there.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies