MA-SEN Megathread: Senator Markey wins
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 04:09:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MA-SEN Megathread: Senator Markey wins
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 ... 55
Author Topic: MA-SEN Megathread: Senator Markey wins  (Read 68497 times)
Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #875 on: August 26, 2020, 05:17:55 PM »

GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #876 on: August 26, 2020, 05:22:19 PM »

He'll likely be stuck with the "loser" image for the rest of his life. A primary against Pressley is going to be massively harder; she's a black woman popular with the left but hasn't done anything to really offend the rest of the party.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #877 on: August 26, 2020, 05:26:50 PM »

I saw on MSN that, eventhough, Kennedy have plenty of money, he did get shortchanged down the stretch due to Covid 19. But, I doubt the voters will care since he is a Kennedy. He isnt the only one to lose Teddy, Sgt Shriver, Chris Kennedy and Kathleen Kennedy
Brittain33
brittain33
Atlas Star

« Reply #878 on: August 26, 2020, 05:30:35 PM »

Assuming Kennedy loses, it obviously does hurt his political prospects

But he's only 39.

He could run for Governor in 2022.

He'd be steamrolled by Maura Healey in the primary.
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #879 on: August 26, 2020, 05:43:04 PM »

If Kennedy does end up winning, this thread is going to age terribly.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #880 on: August 26, 2020, 08:04:14 PM »

If Wink
Dipper Josh

« Reply #881 on: August 26, 2020, 10:00:04 PM »

If Markey ends up winning, we have a thread full off hilarious takes to comb through.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #882 on: August 26, 2020, 10:10:58 PM »

If Markey ends up winning, we have a thread full off hilarious takes to comb through.

Now watch it be an exact tie so we have neither a terribly-aged thread nor hilarious takes to comb through.
Skye
yeah_93
YaBB God
Venezuela

« Reply #883 on: August 27, 2020, 04:08:03 AM »

The OSC Elections model has been updated. Markey now leads Kennedy 53-47:

https://oscelections.shinyapps.io/OSCElections/
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #884 on: August 27, 2020, 04:39:11 AM »

The comments in this thread about him having a political career after this are laughable. You have probably the most baked in political advantage in the country: being a Kennedy in Massachusetts and you lose to quite literally the most useless politican in the state. The Bernie Bro’s latest fetish: Ed Markey. I’m sorry but you’re toast. Absolutely toast.

Hear me out here, but maybe - just maybe - people don't (irrationally!) hate Ed Markey as much as you.

Just a thought, Joe Wink

People are obsessing over the “dOnT cHaLleNgE aN iCuMbeNt”

They’re going to realize next year he’s a totally useless politician.

We’re embarrassing ourselves in front of the nation. But oh well.....

The career of a bright star in the party is going to fall apart for 6 years of what .....?
GoTfan
GoTfan21
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #885 on: August 27, 2020, 05:35:31 AM »

The comments in this thread about him having a political career after this are laughable. You have probably the most baked in political advantage in the country: being a Kennedy in Massachusetts and you lose to quite literally the most useless politican in the state. The Bernie Bro’s latest fetish: Ed Markey. I’m sorry but you’re toast. Absolutely toast.

Hear me out here, but maybe - just maybe - people don't (irrationally!) hate Ed Markey as much as you.

Just a thought, Joe Wink

The career of a bright star in the party is going to fall apart for 6 years of what .....?

You're so wilfully ignorant that no one could get through to you if a hole were drilled in your head.

Take off the rose-tinted glasses for a sec and consider for one minute that maybe Kennedy is not the Second Coming of Jesus you believe he is. If he's failing this badly in a primary he sould have locked away months ago, then clearly he's not that much of a rising star.

That's something we all seem to forget. Kennedy should have had this race sewn up months ago. Instead, this "rising star" pulled a Nelson and completely fell asleep at the wheel in his first real competitive election. How the hell is he going to fare in 2024 against the likes of Harris, Cuomo and possibly AOC if he can barely put away ED F***ING MARKEY?

His whole campaign has been misstep after misstep, lacking in coherent answers and utterly melting down every time his opponent got an important endorsement. If this was supposed to be a trial balloon for 2024, then I look forward to seeing the aformentioned Harris, Cuomo and AOC make complete mincemeat out of him. It'll be like Bloomberg when Biden, Buttigieg and Warren ganged up on him, only about 100 times more satisfying because at least Bloomberg had a legitimate reason for running, even if I find that reason to be bulls**t

When all you can muster is "mean tweets" then your campaign is a complete and total s***tshow, plain and simple.
Skye
yeah_93
YaBB God
Venezuela

« Reply #886 on: August 27, 2020, 07:41:33 AM »

A RABA Research/Jewish Insider poll has Kennedy beating Markey by 7 points in MA-01, though with tons of undecideds:

Kennedy 44
Markey 37
Not sure 19

For context, the poll also found incumbent Rep. Richard Neal leading his progressive challenger Alex Morse 49/40.

https://jewishinsider.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/RABAJewish-Insider-MA01-August-2020.pdf
ON Progressive
OntarioProgressive
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -8.70

« Reply #887 on: August 27, 2020, 07:56:54 AM »

A RABA Research/Jewish Insider poll has Kennedy beating Markey by 7 points in MA-01, though with tons of undecideds:

Kennedy 44
Markey 37
Not sure 19

For context, the poll also found incumbent Rep. Richard Neal leading his progressive challenger Alex Morse 49/40.

https://jewishinsider.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/RABAJewish-Insider-MA01-August-2020.pdf

The demographics here strike me as incredibly bizarre. 14% black electorate in a 6% black district? Only 4% Hispanic in an 18% Hispanic seat?
Skye
yeah_93
YaBB God
Venezuela

« Reply #888 on: August 27, 2020, 08:24:59 AM »

Kennedy 44
Markey 37
Not sure 19

The demographics here strike me as incredibly bizarre. 14% black electorate in a 6% black district? Only 4% Hispanic in an 18% Hispanic seat?

Maybe they confused the two? I know the district has an important % of Puerto Ricans living in Springfield.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #889 on: August 27, 2020, 09:33:34 AM »

Just a thought, Joe Wink

https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=363801.msg7235235;topicseen#msg7235235

https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=355376.msg7145547;topicseen#msg7145547

https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=336494.msg6977361;topicseen#msg6977361

https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=330877.msg6977364;topicseen#msg6977364
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #890 on: August 27, 2020, 09:56:18 AM »

Just a thought, Joe Wink

Some of us have consistently said that primary challenges aren’t inherently bad, and that JKIII has the right to run, but have criticized him for the specific campaign which he’s run. Not surprising that, just like every other argument people have made here, you’ve ignored that one too, because god forbid you admit that someone who isn’t supporting His Majesty Joe KENNEDY has a point about something.
SnowLabrador
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #891 on: August 27, 2020, 01:29:18 PM »

I received my ballot in the mail today. Voted Kennedy for Senate and Mermell for House. We'll have to see what happens on September 1, but I think Markey is favored based on recent polling. I do think Kennedy can still win this, though.
Lognog
United States

« Reply #892 on: August 27, 2020, 01:31:12 PM »

I received my ballot in the mail today. Voted Kennedy for Senate and Mermell for House. We'll have to see what happens on September 1, but I think Markey is favored based on recent polling. I do think Kennedy can still win this, though.

even though the polling has markey ahead. I feel like undecideds who really don't know much for Kennedy just because of the name tbh so I think it's going to be a nail bitter and I doubt we find out who wins that night
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #893 on: August 27, 2020, 01:50:15 PM »

Bold move to vote in the House race when there's the possibility of another pre-primary poll and still huge pressure on pretty much every candidate to drop out for another's sake.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #894 on: August 27, 2020, 01:55:35 PM »

Hopefully!
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #895 on: August 27, 2020, 03:14:37 PM »

This thread sucks. Thank God we only got another ~150 hours of this
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #896 on: August 27, 2020, 03:15:40 PM »

This thread sucks. Thank God we only got another ~150 hours of this

I've had fun
MillennialModerate
MillennialMAModerate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #897 on: August 27, 2020, 04:01:12 PM »

You’re out of your mind.

I’ll never post again if Kennedy wins (since I’m assuming that’s what most here would want lol)

But there is simply very little chance. Doug Jones in Alabama chance.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #898 on: August 27, 2020, 04:07:34 PM »

You’re out of your mind.

I’ll never post again if Kennedy wins (since I’m assuming that’s what most here would want lol)

But there is simply very little chance. Doug Jones in Alabama chance.

Calm the f**k down there, Joe, your internals can't be that bad Wink
new_patomic

« Reply #899 on: August 27, 2020, 04:39:29 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 ... 55  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies