Change in Partisan Voter Registration Since 2016 Election
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 11:26:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Change in Partisan Voter Registration Since 2016 Election
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Change in Partisan Voter Registration Since 2016 Election  (Read 1105 times)
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 12, 2019, 09:54:28 PM »

In 1% increments:

I couldn't find data for UT by county or 2016 data for Rhode Island.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2019, 10:14:37 PM »

In 1% increments:

Very interesting.  For the most part, established trends continue to play out.  Multnomah County OR, Clark NV, rural CO, and some parts of rural NY are the outliers.  I wonder if there are explanations for them.
Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2019, 10:24:42 PM »

In 1% increments:

Very interesting.  For the most part, established trends continue to play out.  Multnomah County OR, Clark NV, rural CO, and some parts of rural NY are the outliers.  I wonder if there are explanations for them.

None of those are really outliers.

-NV always gains in Rs in odd years and gains in Ds in presidential years. Its mostly due to the fact that the D voter base in NV is rather low-info and likely to fall off voter rolls.

- Western Rural CO has been trending D, though it slid a bit back in 2016.

-Rural OR is similar to the above, in fact 2018 was the best election for the Ds ever since that seat has existed in its current form, even better than 2008 and 2006.

- The Hudson River Valley saw the biggest trend towards the Ds(besides Staten Island) in NY, and the two districts the Ds gained were based on large gains in this area.

Anyway, great work Dr. RI!
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2019, 10:30:57 PM »

In 1% increments:

-NV always gains in Rs in odd years and gains in Ds in presidential years. Its mostly due to the fact that the D voter base in NV is rather low-info and likely to fall off voter rolls. - Then it is an outlier... and that would be the explanation.

- Western Rural CO has been trending D, though it slid a bit back in 2016. - No it hasn't.  I just checked again.

-Rural OR is similar to the above, in fact 2018 was the best election for the Ds ever since that seat has existed in its current form, even better than 2008 and 2006. - Asked about the county containing Portland, not rural..

- The Hudson River Valley saw the biggest trend towards the Ds(besides Staten Island) in NY, and the two districts the Ds gained were based on large gains in this area. - Hudson Valley trended massively towards Trump.  Its ridiculous to base a trend off a mid-term congressional election.

Zaybay
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.25, S: -6.50

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2019, 10:38:49 PM »

In 1% increments:

-NV always gains in Rs in odd years and gains in Ds in presidential years. Its mostly due to the fact that the D voter base in NV is rather low-info and likely to fall off voter rolls. - Then it is an outlier... and that would be the explanation.Well, not really. Its been happening for the past 2 decades, so at this point its pretty much expected.

- Western Rural CO has been trending D, though it slid a bit back in 2016. - No it hasn't.  I just checked again.Western CO has been trending D, just take a look at the results from 2008 onward in the area.

-Rural OR is similar to the above, in fact 2018 was the best election for the Ds ever since that seat has existed in its current form, even better than 2008 and 2006. - Asked about the county containing Portland, not rural..That is my mistake, a likely explanation would be just low-info Ds dropping off in a midterm year.

- The Hudson River Valley saw the biggest trend towards the Ds(besides Staten Island) in NY, and the two districts the Ds gained were based on large gains in this area. - Hudson Valley trended massively towards Trump.  Its ridiculous to base a trend off a mid-term congressional election.
Yes, it did trend towards Trump, and then in 2018 it trended back. These numbers are for after 2016 registration changes, so basically the changes leading up to the 2018 election. The areas that the Ds massively improved in to win seats like NY-19 were in the Hudson River valley so its not really unexpected.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2019, 10:46:05 PM »

In 1% increments:

-NV always gains in Rs in odd years and gains in Ds in presidential years. Its mostly due to the fact that the D voter base in NV is rather low-info and likely to fall off voter rolls. - Then it is an outlier... and that would be the explanation.Well, not really. Its been happening for the past 2 decades, so at this point its pretty much expected.  This is what an outlier is.

- Western Rural CO has been trending D, though it slid a bit back in 2016. - No it hasn't.  I just checked again.Western CO has been trending D, just take a look at the results from 2008 onward in the area. - Every Western county Im looking at has trended R since 2008.

-Rural OR is similar to the above, in fact 2018 was the best election for the Ds ever since that seat has existed in its current form, even better than 2008 and 2006. - Asked about the county containing Portland, not rural..That is my mistake, a likely explanation would be just low-info Ds dropping off in a midterm year. - Why does that apply specifically to Portland and not every other urban D county.

Yes, it did trend towards Trump, and then in 2018 it trended back. These numbers are for after 2016 registration changes, so basically the changes leading up to the 2018 election. The areas that the Ds massively improved in to win seats like NY-19 were in the Hudson River valley so its not really unexpected. Again, you can't call midterm election results a trend.
#TheShadowyAbyss
TheShadowyAbyss
Atlas Icon
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -3.64

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2019, 11:04:52 PM »

Ok first off, can you reply like a normal person and not use colors for this? It gives me a headache trying to understand what you said GreenLine. Second, I really don't think you understand what an outlier is.
cvparty
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2019, 11:23:16 PM »

Ok first off, can you reply like a normal person and not use colors for this? It gives me a headache trying to understand what you said GreenLine. Second, I really don't think you understand what an outlier is.
lol they're making the rainbow
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2019, 12:36:35 PM »

This backs up my theory that Iowa and Kansas are going to surprise people in 2020. Neither states look like the Demageddon that has taken place in the Appalachia or the South.
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2019, 01:42:26 PM »

This backs up my theory that Iowa and Kansas are going to surprise people in 2020. Neither states look like the Demageddon that has taken place in the Appalachia or the South.

You think the Dems are going to win Kansas?
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2019, 12:05:17 AM »

The three counties in Nebraska that are trending D in voter registration make up 56% of the states population.
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2019, 12:44:14 PM »

You think the Dems are going to win Kansas?

No, but it's going to be closer than it has been in a long time.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2019, 01:18:38 PM »

Nice work!  What do the updated maps look like, and which counties flipped?
walleye26

« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2019, 08:58:41 AM »

Can anybody explain to me what the heck is up with that county in far western Nebraska and what’s up with the rural western counties in Kansas? I understand JoCo and Riley, but (I think it’s Finney) and surrounding counties in southwestern Kansas trended D, what’s up with that?
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2019, 09:01:16 AM »

Can anybody explain to me what the heck is up with that county in far western Nebraska and what’s up with the rural western counties in Kansas? I understand JoCo and Riley, but (I think it’s Finney) and surrounding counties in southwestern Kansas trended D, what’s up with that?

Half of Finney population is Hispanic.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies