Romanian Elections&Politics (June 9th - Local and europarliamentary elections) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:31:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Romanian Elections&Politics (June 9th - Local and europarliamentary elections) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which party would you vote for in the Parliamentary election?
PNL
PSD
USR
PRO-ALDE
PMP
UDMR
AUR
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Romanian Elections&Politics (June 9th - Local and europarliamentary elections)  (Read 77125 times)
Flyersfan232

« on: February 14, 2021, 10:56:32 AM »

New shocking developments regarding AUR - the raving lunatic Diana Sosoaca was kicked out of the party. They claim that it was because they basically got sick and tired of her embarrassing them (her last speech as an AUR member was a weird rant about an international conspiracy with the purpose of mass sterilization of women through the Pfizer vaccine which ended with angry, vulgare shouts at the Senate Chairwoman who cut her off). However, I suspect it was more about Simion getting afraid of her eventually taking the leadership from him as well as her clear opposition to the more sane, PiS-like route in which he wants to take the party. In the leadership councils, no one supported her, because she is...you know, a raving lunatic, however her loyal fans in the country have not let her down and have been quick to rally around their dear leader. She will certainly not go down quietly, and I suspect she may form a new party which will rip off AUR. The question that I am afraid I know the answer to is how many of the AUR voters would vote for a crazy conspiracist party rather than a so-called sane national conservative one. Anyway, we may be witnessing the beginning of the end for AUR.

The government is not doing that well either, given the problems facing the country, the permanent behind-the-scenes bickering between PNL and USR, permanent investigations into how PNL puts incompetent party members into non-political jobs and the onset of austerity. PNL immediately broke their promise to raise pensions by 8% in 2021 and instead froze them. Responding to that situation, the Prime Minister said that he is not bound by the electoral promises but by the coalition agreement. A very popular thing to say indeed.

Is it particularly shocking though? From a party like AUR, it actually seems surprisingly positive and rational lol
It is shocking because no one could have predicted or even imagined this expulsion until it happened yesterday. It was obvious that she will eventually get into a conflict with the leadership because she wanted more power but they dealt with this future threat in a surprisingly quick and blunt manner, especially given her notoriety and popularity with their base.
its look like a smart move. I am also guessing simion is going to run for president?
Flyersfan232

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2021, 05:52:59 PM »

New shocking developments regarding AUR - the raving lunatic Diana Sosoaca was kicked out of the party. They claim that it was because they basically got sick and tired of her embarrassing them (her last speech as an AUR member was a weird rant about an international conspiracy with the purpose of mass sterilization of women through the Pfizer vaccine which ended with angry, vulgare shouts at the Senate Chairwoman who cut her off). However, I suspect it was more about Simion getting afraid of her eventually taking the leadership from him as well as her clear opposition to the more sane, PiS-like route in which he wants to take the party. In the leadership councils, no one supported her, because she is...you know, a raving lunatic, however her loyal fans in the country have not let her down and have been quick to rally around their dear leader. She will certainly not go down quietly, and I suspect she may form a new party which will rip off AUR. The question that I am afraid I know the answer to is how many of the AUR voters would vote for a crazy conspiracist party rather than a so-called sane national conservative one. Anyway, we may be witnessing the beginning of the end for AUR.

The government is not doing that well either, given the problems facing the country, the permanent behind-the-scenes bickering between PNL and USR, permanent investigations into how PNL puts incompetent party members into non-political jobs and the onset of austerity. PNL immediately broke their promise to raise pensions by 8% in 2021 and instead froze them. Responding to that situation, the Prime Minister said that he is not bound by the electoral promises but by the coalition agreement. A very popular thing to say indeed.

Is it particularly shocking though? From a party like AUR, it actually seems surprisingly positive and rational lol
It is shocking because no one could have predicted or even imagined this expulsion until it happened yesterday. It was obvious that she will eventually get into a conflict with the leadership because she wanted more power but they dealt with this future threat in a surprisingly quick and blunt manner, especially given her notoriety and popularity with their base.
its look like a smart move. I am also guessing simion is going to run for president?

He might, but in Romanian politics, four years is a lifetime. A few weeks ago, Sosoaca was regarded as the likely next leader of AUR.
so i found out their is a romania mep that is apart of the ecr but not aur had aur try to get him to joined?
Flyersfan232

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2021, 07:35:06 PM »

He might, but in Romanian politics, four years is a lifetime. A few weeks ago, Sosoaca was regarded as the likely next leader of AUR.
so i found out their is a romania mep that is apart of the ecr but not aur had aur try to get him to joined?
He is not affiliated with AUR in any way - he is a member of a small conservative party that used to govern the country in the late 1990s but now is irrelevant.
wouldnt be a bad idea if aur try to get him to join them.
Flyersfan232

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2021, 10:45:31 AM »

So this thread needs another update - probably for all of us living here to preserve our sanity, there will not be any elections until 2024, at least not any regular ones. Obviously, the vaccination campaign is going about as slowly as it does in the rest of the European Union, and unlike the Hungarian govt, our committedly pro-European one has not ordered any vaccines from the Russians or Chinese, nor are there any discussions of doing so.

Meanwhile, there are somewhat violent protests against masks, vaccination and restrictions organized by AUR and the new Romanian Nationhood Party of Sosoaca and supported quietly by PSD in most major cities. It seems as if my guess that AUR was going to take over a PIS-like role on the political scene and let Sosoaca take over the furthest right part of the spectrum was incorrect, as it seems like they have no plans to move to the center and they only want to be a less psychotic version of their former Senator. Sadly, the current climate is perfect for such extremists to rise, and the opening they got from PSD trying to moderate a bit after Dragnea got arrested will not be easy to close back. But I will take more about what the destiny of AUR and Romanian Nationhood is after we get rid of these horrendous restrictions which obviously only add fuel to their fire.

Not surprising given the situation in the country and the fact that it is a coalition formed of the losers of the election, the government is not doing so great. Especially PNL is having some difficulties, as many party officials are starting to distance themselves from the restrictions if not outright question them publicly. There are also conflicts between PNL-UDMR and USR, as USR does tend to act on its own which annoys the other parties, and the three parties are not as compatible ideologically as one might think. The fact that this coalition is the only possible one keeps them together better than the circumstances would suggest, but just as a reminder, the last government to finish a full term is the Nastase one in the early 2000s.

Aur leader mention something a couple days ago about running a branch in Moldova.
Flyersfan232

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2021, 09:55:13 AM »

Leaked PMP internal poll:

PSD - 28%
USR - 18% (!)
AUR - 18% (!!)
PNL - 17% (!!!)
PMP - 6%
UDMR - 5%

I think I will let these numbers speak for themselves.
as much as i want this to be true i would throw right into the trash
Flyersfan232

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2021, 09:20:43 AM »

A PSD-AUR will probably be the next governement. A slovakian situation.
I mean Czechia will have a ecr party in government with a egp party
Flyersfan232

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2022, 11:31:59 AM »

Dacian Ciolos seems to be preparing to resign from USR and form a new party following the intra-party conflicts which left him forced to resign as party leader earlier this year. However, he is having trouble attracting people to join his ranks. Apparently, out of 20 MPs affiliated with PLUS before the merger, at best 10 are willing to resign and join Ciolos in a new political project. Obviously, all this does is prevent the emergence of solid opposition to the PSD-PNL coalition. It is hard to be optimistic about the prospects of the new party given the situation on the ground, but I guess we will see.
This happened yesterday. Ciolos formed a new party called REPER (roughly translated as STANDARD), together with 4 other MEPs. It is hard to overstate how rough the past few months have been for Ciolos. He lost his high-ranking position in Bruxelles to serve as the leader of USR for a measly few months. He accomplished nothing and now has to restart his political project from scratch in an infinitely worse position than in 2018 when he founded his first party.
new parties is a Romanian politican tradation is it?
Flyersfan232

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2024, 06:17:21 AM »

That PSD-PNL coalition is so weird and forced, IMO. But, it still leads by a wide margin in the polls, even though Klaus Iohannis ratings are totally under water.
i can see a dutch surprise happening here with aur.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies