Romanian Elections&Politics (June 9th - Local and europarliamentary elections) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:18:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Romanian Elections&Politics (June 9th - Local and europarliamentary elections) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which party would you vote for in the Parliamentary election?
PNL
PSD
USR
PRO-ALDE
PMP
UDMR
AUR
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Romanian Elections&Politics (June 9th - Local and europarliamentary elections)  (Read 77112 times)
Leading Political Consultant Ma Anand Sheela
Heat
Poland

« on: September 28, 2020, 11:08:41 AM »

Craiova - PSD hold

Lia Olguta Vasilescu (PSD) - 34.3%
Nicolae Giugea (PNL) - 24.6%
Antonie Solomon (Ecologists) - 20.8%
Lucian Sauleanu (USR) - 12.8%
Other candidates - 7.6%

I will get back to you on the other questions, counting is still taking place in some areas.

Are the Ecologists a real party then? I sort of assumed they were more of a scam these days.
Heat
Poland

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2020, 08:19:42 AM »

If you think this is bad...some other parties also put QAnon believers on their lists. Anyway, I hope it is now clear what AUR is and who they are taking votes away from.
Even traditional batsh!t Romanian nationalism is being slowly washed away by the waves of Americanisation. What is the world coming to?
Heat
Poland

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2020, 01:02:18 PM »

Anyone who has any questions or predictions about this?
How much does emigration factor into the very low turnout stats?
Heat
Poland

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2021, 06:12:26 AM »

I thought I should let you know that AUR has decided to join the European Conservatives and Reformists party at EU-level. I am not that informed about EU  intra-politics so I don't really have an analysis (if anyone has one, please share it lol) but I am surprised they have not joined a more radically rightist group.
It's the same one PiS is in, which makes sense considering AUR seem to go on about imitating them a fair bit.
Heat
Poland

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2021, 09:01:34 AM »

I thought I should let you know that AUR has decided to join the European Conservatives and Reformists party at EU-level. I am not that informed about EU  intra-politics so I don't really have an analysis (if anyone has one, please share it lol) but I am surprised they have not joined a more radically rightist group.
It's the same one PiS is in, which makes sense considering AUR seem to go on about imitating them a fair bit.
Is PiS a borderline Covid denier party which focuses on its anti-mask and anti-vaccine policies? Because that is what AUR is really about, beyond their shallow anti-establishment and patriotic slogans.
Not at all, but they seem keen to claim commonality with each other anyway - https://www.g4media.ro/aur-anunta-ca-strange-relatiile-cu-partidele-anti-ue-george-simion-s-a-intalnit-cu-lideri-ai-partidului-de-guvernare-din-polonia-si-cu-conservatorii-europeni.html
Heat
Poland

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2021, 03:51:53 AM »

I would love to details some of the other ridiculous moments - an internal government memo calling for people to leak dirt on Orban to the media, Citu engineering a humiliating moment in which he left Orban alone on the front row, and Orban comparing himself to Ronaldo. But I probably wrote too much for the level of interest.

No, I for one would love to read more about this if you're willing to write about it.
Heat
Poland

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2021, 10:44:55 AM »

Iohannis has just nominated Ciolos for PM.
Heat
Poland

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2022, 11:59:21 AM »

One day they'll hold an election in Romania and no one will turn up. The Romanian political class will then stand up as one and declare victory.
Heat
Poland

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2022, 08:47:41 PM »

Btw anyone still interested in this?
I read this thread regularly and appreciate it dearly, fwiw.
Heat
Poland

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2022, 04:38:49 PM »

Hope that makes it clear and sorry for this long response.
Please don't apologise, it wasn't particularly long and it was a valuable perspective. Always good to have more people banging the drum for Central and Eastern Europe in this board. Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies