Jeffrey Epstein, accused sex trafficker, dies by suicide: Officials
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 05:42:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Jeffrey Epstein, accused sex trafficker, dies by suicide: Officials
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Author Topic: Jeffrey Epstein, accused sex trafficker, dies by suicide: Officials  (Read 8410 times)
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: August 10, 2019, 12:30:47 PM »

Again, if you are going to start accusing people it is important to remember that some people have much more to gain by getting rid of Epstein. One person running for re-election has actually been accused of rape and has made open treats against enemies before. I'm just saying.
Devout Centrist
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -99.99, S: -99.99

P P
« Reply #51 on: August 10, 2019, 12:37:52 PM »

Can't wait for the surveillance video to be conveniently "missing"
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #52 on: August 10, 2019, 12:48:47 PM »

I really feel sorry for Epstein's family. They have to live with the name of this f!cked up loser attached to them for the rest of their lives.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #53 on: August 10, 2019, 12:49:00 PM »

Can't wait for the surveillance video to be conveniently "missing"

Likely fake news by some Trumpeter.
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #54 on: August 10, 2019, 12:55:06 PM »

Don’t worry, prison guards are thoroughly and carefully searching his cell for a suicide note as we speak, but it’s already being rumored that various allergic reactions really took a toll on Jeffrey
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #55 on: August 10, 2019, 12:55:53 PM »

Conspiracy theories re: Epstein's death are what can unite the country across all political divides! Thanks, Jeff!
Pragmatic Conservative
1184AZ
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 3.00, S: -0.41

« Reply #56 on: August 10, 2019, 01:28:58 PM »

Not that this will quell any of the conspiracy theorists but Jeffrey Epstein apparently was not on suicide watch at the time of his death.

Yet Mr. Epstein, 66, was not on suicide watch when he hanged himself and his body was found in his cell early on Saturday, raising questions about the steps officials took after the first incident to keep him from harming himself.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/08/10/nyregion/jeffrey-epstein-suicide-watch.html
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #57 on: August 10, 2019, 01:34:04 PM »
« Edited: August 10, 2019, 01:42:56 PM by Lfromnj stands with Sanchez. »

Not that this will quell any of the conspiracy theorists but Jeffrey Epstein apparently was not on suicide watch at the time of his death.

Yet Mr. Epstein, 66, was not on suicide watch when he hanged himself and his body was found in his cell early on Saturday, raising questions about the steps officials took after the first incident to keep him from harming himself.

It won't because Im wondering why he was taken off it,literally like 5 days after his previous attempt.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #58 on: August 10, 2019, 01:36:03 PM »

Zero reason to have been taken off, and those who did must be held responsible.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #59 on: August 10, 2019, 01:42:00 PM »

Being that he was in federal custody it means that whoever approved his removal from suicide watch is a federal official.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #60 on: August 10, 2019, 01:47:13 PM »

So Barr’s DOJ took him off suicide watch?
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #61 on: August 10, 2019, 01:57:50 PM »

Barr needs to resign.  I am outraged.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #62 on: August 10, 2019, 02:08:53 PM »

Another casualty of the Trump/Clinton crime families. Hilarious to see red avs and blue avs pointing fingers at one another in this thread-- for the elites, acts of self-preservation like this are above partisan politics. The man was taken off suicide watch by the feds even after he "tried to kill himself" the first time. Come on, Atlas. You're smart enough to see through this. You don't have to be a "conspiracy theorist" to realize what's going on here.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #63 on: August 10, 2019, 02:21:00 PM »

Another casualty of the Trump/Clinton crime families. Hilarious to see red avs and blue avs pointing fingers at one another in this thread-- for the elites, acts of self-preservation like this are above partisan politics. The man was taken off suicide watch by the feds even after he "tried to kill himself" the first time. Come on, Atlas. You're smart enough to see through this. You don't have to be a "conspiracy theorist" to realize what's going on here.

They are too caught up in divide and conquer politics to see that they are being conned by the man.
RFayette 🇻🇦
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #64 on: August 10, 2019, 02:21:24 PM »

Obviously this needs to be investigated - especially why Epstein was taken off of suicide watch, which is incredibly suspicious - but it's perfectly understandable why Epstein would commit suicide given the circumstances he found himself in.  He was probably going to spend the rest of his life in prison in solitary confinement.  I don't think we need an elaborate conspiracy to explain what happened here.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #65 on: August 10, 2019, 02:29:34 PM »

My thought is that this is either staff incompetence or indifference towards his suicidal ideation. An inmate on suicide watch is supposed to not be allowed to wear a suicide smock, which is tear-proof and cannot be used in a self-harmful way. This is what it looks like: https://www.charm-tex.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/s/u/suicide_smock_-_blue_2_1.png

My guess is that they let him have a blanket or his regular uniform back either by mistake or maybe purposely to allow him to commit suicide. Frankly I’m not as outraged as everyone else is for obvious reasons.
Fuzzy Bear Loves Christian Missionaries
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #66 on: August 10, 2019, 02:31:52 PM »

Obviously this needs to be investigated - especially why Epstein was taken off of suicide watch, which is incredibly suspicious - but it's perfectly understandable why Epstein would commit suicide given the circumstances he found himself in.  He was probably going to spend the rest of his life in prison in solitary confinement.  I don't think we need an elaborate conspiracy to explain what happened here.

If he were an ordinary sex offender, no.  It's not an unusual occurrence for sex offenders to commit suicide in prison, and not an unusual occurrence for sex offenders to be murdered in prison.  Epstein is more than a sex offender, however; he's a sex offender who is rumored to have quite a quiver of guilty knowledge as to the illegal sexual activities of rich and powerful people.  I'm not into making this a circus, but I'm sure that there are people that are happy to know that Epstein won't be alive to testify about THEIR activities.
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #67 on: August 10, 2019, 02:33:04 PM »

Buh bye!
RFayette 🇻🇦
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #68 on: August 10, 2019, 02:35:16 PM »

If he were an ordinary sex offender, no.  It's not an unusual occurrence for sex offenders to commit suicide in prison, and not an unusual occurrence for sex offenders to be murdered in prison.  Epstein is more than a sex offender, however; he's a sex offender who is rumored to have quite a quiver of guilty knowledge as to the illegal sexual activities of rich and powerful people.  I'm not into making this a circus, but I'm sure that there are people that are happy to know that Epstein won't be alive to testify about THEIR activities.

I agree many people would have good reasons to want Epstein to be killed, but Epstein himself would still have plenty of reasons to want to commit suicide on his own.  I agree a conspiracy is a possibility, just that Epstein's actions would still make sense apart form a conspiracy, especially since he'd be especially unlikely to get any kind of deal in light of past circumstances.
DabbingSanta
United States
P P P
« Reply #69 on: August 10, 2019, 02:54:37 PM »

He may have had the power to bring down two U.S. presidents and a member of British royalty. I have done a lot of reading today, and man, this is very fishy! I'm sure the conspiracies will never be answered, but I wish we knew the full truth.

This is also the first I have learned of a lawsuit filed in 2016 accusing Trump and Epstein of raping a 13 year old at a 1994 party. Where was all the media coverage of that at the time?

TWTown
GhostOfHuey
United States

« Reply #70 on: August 10, 2019, 03:15:36 PM »

I have it on good information that his final words were "I have information that could lead to the arrest of Hillary Clin-"
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #71 on: August 10, 2019, 03:19:45 PM »

As far as I am concerned he can go roast in Hell with Nazi scum.

But this said, he had things to say, and I am reasonably certain that he might have named names...
DJT, and I don't mean "Dianne Joan Tucker".
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #72 on: August 10, 2019, 03:20:37 PM »

It is really hilarious that people keep bringing up Hillary Clinton. If she is really devious enough to murder people, then she would have been devious enough to put herself in the White House by any means legal or illegal and been the President right now.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #73 on: August 10, 2019, 03:22:04 PM »
« Edited: August 10, 2019, 03:26:48 PM by Dope and Diamonds »

He may have had the power to bring down two U.S. presidents and a member of British royalty. I have done a lot of reading today, and man, this is very fishy! I'm sure the conspiracies will never be answered, but I wish we knew the full truth.

This is also the first I have learned of a lawsuit filed in 2016 accusing Trump and Epstein of raping a 13 year old at a 1994 party. Where was all the media coverage of that at the time?

I remember this in 2016 and it was one of my main motivations for being Never Trump, because I believed it happened at the time and still do. I have wondered the same thing ever since, about what happened to that lawsuit. The accusations were dismissed in like 4 different courts, and then apparently Jane Doe got so many threats she just decided to drop the whole thing. It's so sketchy.

It's insane what these people can get away with doing with their money and influence. I get the feeling that if this lawsuit had been brought against Joe blow down the road it may have seen the light of day. But when these things are brought against the powers that be, they buy people off, make threats, shut people up, etc.
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #74 on: August 10, 2019, 03:34:18 PM »

you never heard about 13 year old Jane Doe from the lamestream media in 2016 though. Further proof that the media was in the bag for the deep state candidates Trump and Clinton, while ignoring and working against Johnson, McMullin, and Stein.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies