What side are you on in Iraq?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 20, 2024, 06:12:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  What side are you on in Iraq?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: see above.
US/current Iraqi gov't

"Freedom Fighters"/Terrorists (Baathist and/or Islamist)

I sit on the fence

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 40

Author Topic: What side are you on in Iraq?  (Read 2735 times)
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2005, 03:51:15 PM »

Perhaps I should make a loaded poll: Do you support US troops dying to help prop up a government that is friendly with Iran and led by someone who paid tribute to Khomeini's grave?

That's the best kind, prude.
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix
E: 9.23, S: -6.35

« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2005, 03:56:16 PM »

No. It's not a loaded question. It's just a different question from the one you bring up.

Yes it is.  It's to get the respondent to say "I support the US", which then implies that the respondent supports the War in Iraq.  The question does not allow much of any recourse for someone who doesn't support the War in Iraq.  There's no right answer if that's the case.

Uh, no. Someone who opposes the war can still prefer the United States to terrorists.
Jake
dubya2004
Atlas Icon
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -0.90, S: -0.35

« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2005, 04:03:34 PM »

I'm not on a side. Wars in general involve people I do not care about fighting over issues that do not affect me. I therefore do not care who wins.

In other words, you're a terrorist lover.
Inverted Things
Avelaval

« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2005, 07:21:27 PM »

I'm not on a side. Wars in general involve people I do not care about fighting over issues that do not affect me. I therefore do not care who wins.

In other words, you're a terrorist lover.

In YOUR words I'm a terrorist lover. In my words, I'm just apathetic.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2005, 07:58:44 PM »

Does being mad at Bush for ignoring the 8/06/01 memo titled "Bin Laden determined to strike in US" make me a terrorist lover?
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2005, 08:06:37 PM »

Does being mad at Bush for ignoring the 8/06/01 memo titled "Bin Laden determined to strike in US" make me a terrorist lover?

I assume you're just as mad at Clinton for ignoring the State Dept.'s warnings in 1996 that Bin Laden's move to Afghanistan would create further problems for the US?
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2005, 08:07:08 PM »

Who says it was ignored?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2005, 08:07:38 PM »

I assume you're just as mad at Clinton for ignoring the State Dept.'s warnings in 1996 that Bin Laden's move to Afghanistan would create further problems for the US?

Clinton attack Bin Laden, you Republican apoligist.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2005, 08:08:52 PM »

If Bush had done one concrete thing about terrorism before September 11th, 2001, we would have heard about it long ago. The point is he reversed Clinton adminstration anti-terorrism efforts.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2005, 08:09:44 PM »

I'm curious.  What do you find wrong with being an apologist (a person who argues in the defence of something)?  Or are you just using it because it is a neutral word that happens to have a negative connotation as of late?
A18
Atlas Star
Political Matrix

« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2005, 08:10:09 PM »

We already knew Bin Laden was trying to attack the United States. He had already done so several times.

Your second sentence is laughable.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2005, 08:12:10 PM »

I'm curious.  What do you find wrong with being an apologist (a person who argues in the defence of something)?  Or are you just using it because it is a neutral word that happens to have a negative connotation as of late?

Looking at the current Republican party, it should be obvious to any sensible person that a Republican apoligist is a bad thing.
Alcon
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2005, 08:13:22 PM »

Looking at the current Republican party, it should be obvious to any sensible person that a Republican apoligist is a bad thing.

Well, if your definition of "sensible person" is one who agrees with you, sure.  But, if not, then it is not an insult.  Generally, insults are supposed to be something that both parties agree is offensive.  This is akin to someone calling you "liberal" with intent to offend.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2005, 07:52:57 AM »

By the way, they aren't 'terorists', they are a Resistance Movement fighting an invader.

Hee hee. This is the sort of thing 'trapped'  by my loaded BS poll.

To what are you referring?  My 'terorists' typo or my opinion?  Because I have been expressing this opinion freely on the board for months now.
Platypus
hughento
Atlas Star
Australia

« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2005, 08:21:21 AM »

just by seeing the title of this thread, not even the polloptions, I knew it would be a pointless and stupid one from a right winger. I expected it to be a Republican, but Dan, you're close enough, really, eh?
MODU
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2005, 08:32:43 AM »

Well, if your definition of "sensible person" is one who agrees with you, sure.  But, if not, then it is not an insult.  Generally, insults are supposed to be something that both parties agree is offensive.  This is akin to someone calling you "liberal" with intent to offend.

Jfern is just Jfern.  Whomever doesn't agree with him is a Republican apologist, even if they are Democrats. 

If Bush had done one concrete thing about terrorism before September 11th, 2001, we would have heard about it long ago. The point is he reversed Clinton adminstration anti-terorrism efforts.

Oh yeah.  He had those masterful responses to the original WTC attacks, the attacks on our embassies, and the attacks against the Cole.  Whew, he was sure a defender of the US back then.  Yep, he went after those terrorists with everything he had . . . oh wait, no he didn't.  Roll Eyes  He didn't even ask the CIA to increase the number of spies to infiltrate the terrorist organizations.  If reversing that anti-terorrism effort is a bad thing, then thank God Bush did.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2005, 11:27:15 AM »

I support what the US is doing now and the current Iraqi government.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2005, 11:29:26 AM »

I'll say that I do support the left wing extremist Kurdish groups and if any of the Christian groups launched their own insurgency, I'd support that. The left wing extremist Kurds and Christians are the only good people in Iraq.
GOP = Terrorists
Progress

« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2005, 10:35:47 PM »

I'm on the side of the dead women and children.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies