Knowles 2006? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:52:12 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Knowles 2006? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Knowles 2006?  (Read 2658 times)
Sarnstrom
sarnstrom54014

« on: December 04, 2005, 01:52:43 PM »

From Anchorage Daily News:

"The thermostat is rising on Tony Knowles' noncampaign for governor redux. It's all gossip of course. He's not saying anything official, but he looks amazingly like a candidate.

Knowles is reportedly discussing announcement strategy with his "advisers," whoever they are. Sooner vs. later is the issue. Early is if you need name recognition. He's got that, so later seems the choice. Of course, that messes up other Democrats who are waiting on his decision to decide about running or giving money.

Tony was one of the many pols who showed up at UAA on Tuesday for the big gas line gas fest. Earwigs report he and John Binkley were smiling big and working the room.

Someone who wasn't there was state gas line guru Jim Clark. They said he wasn't able to get back in time from an oily meeting in Texas.

Guess the gov's new jet just isn't fast enough, someone joked.

The Republicans are worried enough to put a poll out asking voters how they would go in a Frank-against-Tony race. It also asks whether they would vote for Frank if he gets a gas line. An earwig who got called said it's being done by robots -- one of those automated things.

THE GREAT OUTSIDE . . . Tony is probably buoyed by the newest SurveyUSA poll that tracks approval/disapproval of governors in their home states. Frank is rated at 68 negative, 26 positive, which puts him second to last in the nation, ahead only of Ohio Gov. Bob Taft, who's in some kind of big trouble back there."

http://www.adn.com/news/alaska/story/7259125p-7170879c.html

Tony Knowles - Ethan Berkowitz 2006!!
Sarnstrom
sarnstrom54014

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2005, 01:55:47 PM »

This is the only poll I was able to find:

Hellenthal and Associates poll, June 2-9, registered voters (?), MoE ± 5.45%:

Murkowski re-elect:

No: 60%
Yes: 21%

Knowles (D): 51%
Murkowski (R): 29%