Democrats only: You hate Trump more as a...
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 01:27:53 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Democrats only: You hate Trump more as a...
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: person or politician?
Person

Politician

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 38

Author Topic: Democrats only: You hate Trump more as a...  (Read 604 times)
darklordoftech
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 19, 2019, 05:18:00 PM »

Which do you hate Trump as more?
Senator Incitatus
AMB1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.06, S: 5.74

« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2019, 05:19:32 PM »

I still barely consider him a politician.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2019, 05:57:31 PM »

This, so person by default.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2019, 06:11:50 PM »

That's funny, I barely consider him a person.
Some of My Best Friends Are Gay
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2019, 07:12:54 PM »

I'd say I hate him equally as both.

He's a POS as a person and atrocious as a politician too.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2019, 07:31:57 PM »

Some grudging respect as a politician, but he's even more of cardboard cartoon villain than all the expies, impressions, or even outright cartoons of him...they are more three-dimensional.

TML
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2019, 09:17:22 PM »

I used to admire Trump before he entered politics (several years before he started running for president). Once he started going after Obama on baseless grounds, that’s when I started losing respect toward him, and that respect was pretty much gone once it became clear that he wouldn’t back down from his atrocious policy proposals & demeanor.
America Needs a 13-6 Progressive SCOTUS
Solid4096
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.88, S: -8.51

P P P
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2019, 11:30:34 PM »

Hundreds of Millions of people have been hurt by Trumps actions as a politician.
Thats way more than that have been hurt by Trumps actions as a person.

So politician.
😥
andjey
Junior Chimp
Ukraine
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2019, 01:09:33 AM »

Both, person a little more
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2019, 06:46:11 AM »

Politican
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2019, 08:55:06 AM »

(not a Dem so I won't actually vote, but...)

I hate him as a person.  Slimy real estate investor, born into money from NYC who likes to put his name in gold on everything?  What's to like?  Before 2016, I assumed most people (>80%) looked at him the same way.  Boy was I wrong.
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2019, 09:15:01 AM »

Said politician because that is where he is able to do a lot more damage
Tartarus Sauce
United States

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2019, 09:19:53 AM »
« Edited: July 20, 2019, 09:33:07 AM by Tartarus Sauce »

Both. He's one of the most appalling people to serve in a public office in this country. He's a pampered, spoiled brat born with a silver spoon in his mouth that has spent his entire life detached and aloof from the actual struggles of everyday people as he's flitted between his ivory towers. He would have gladly joined the rest of the "coastal elitist" crew Middle America whines so much about in sneering down on the common folk if said coastal elitists had ever bothered to accept him in their club. They didn't, so he did the next best thing in becoming a faux-populist that pretends to care about the well-being of the average American, or at least a specific kind of American, while in reality only caring about how much they can feed his ego. He's completely unmoored from any semblance of principles and consumed by narcissistic delusions of grandeur. Routinely steps on people for his own advancement and engages in rampant abuse, both emotional and sexual, for his own gratification. Feeds off of making other people's lives miserable, especially the underlings that work for him. Has the emotional depth and complexity of a middle-school bully with the outbursts and temper-tantrums to match, since he literally can't let any criticism, no matter how slight, roll off his back.

Then there's his political side. He engages in large-scale corruption and favor-peddling while keeping his inner-business dealings as opaque as possible despite the need for transparency given the required separation of the presidency from his personal financial schemes. He's incapable of acting in anything even remotely resembling good faith executions of the public engagement role of the office and has instead turned it into a toxic partisan pulpit in even previously non-partisan, symbolic functions. He demands that people pledge loyalty to him over the constitution and laws that are supposed to bind the nation together under a common framework while simultaneously fanning the flames of discontentment over wedge issues that are damaging the social fabric of our nation. He's shredding our international allies' trust in us a reliable partner on just about everything and weakening our standing on the world stage, letting our geopolitical adversaries run circles around us since he's so easy to manipulate.

He's such an utter trainwreck on all levels that he makes people guilty by association for actively supporting him because it enables an entire partisan ecosystem that shields him from badly needed accountability. Worse, most Republicans seem content to normalize him, like he's no big deal, and have reorganized their entire party into a cult of personality dedicated to worshiping and protecting him. His terrible policies don't come even come close to being as awful as the cancerous mass that makes up his character or the corrosive effect he has had on the mentality of many of my fellow Americans who are embracing pure evil for the sake of political gain. This is what I have meant by what I've said in the past that my hatred for him goes beyond mere partisanship, the dynamic he's generated within our politics is a threat to the foundations of our society and its internal moral compass. In a sense, you can't really disentangle the politician Trump from the person Trump because they are exactly the same thing. He has no variety, he's a one-dimensional entity that corrupts everything he touches.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2019, 09:48:49 AM »

His policies are terrible, but he is much worse as a person. He knows no loyalty and honesty, he is a lying, cheating, sexist, racist, greedy and corrupt individual.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies