Ilhan Omar compares the boycott of Israel to boycott of Nazis and USSR
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 18, 2024, 11:29:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Ilhan Omar compares the boycott of Israel to boycott of Nazis and USSR
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: Ilhan Omar compares the boycott of Israel to boycott of Nazis and USSR  (Read 5387 times)
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: July 21, 2019, 09:41:13 PM »

As somebody who's very much opposed to the Israeli policies, I can't defend this statement. Israel is not comparable with the Third Reich or the USSR.
I agree. (It's worse.)

How much does it keep you up at night that the Jews have exactly as much power to destroy you now as you do to destroy them? I bet it stings.

He probably hasn't slept in years, lol.
Ilhan Apologist
Glowfish

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #101 on: July 21, 2019, 10:15:52 PM »

As somebody who's very much opposed to the Israeli policies, I can't defend this statement. Israel is not comparable with the Third Reich or the USSR.
I agree. (It's worse.)

How much does it keep you up at night that the Jews have exactly as much power to destroy you now as you do to destroy them? I bet it stings.

Not all the Jews. Just the white ones in Israel.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #102 on: July 21, 2019, 10:19:26 PM »

I agree. (It's worse.)

Israel is majority Mizrahi/Sephardic, but thanks for exposing yourself as a racist by using the WokeNaz "White Jews" line.
Ilhan Apologist
Glowfish

« Reply #103 on: July 21, 2019, 10:21:30 PM »

I agree. (It's worse.)

Israel is majority Mizrahi/Sephardic, but thanks for exposing yourself as a racist by using the WokeNaz "White Jews" line.

How does acknowledging racism make me a racist?

Edit: Also, South Africa was majority Black during apartheid. Who's in the majority means nothing.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #104 on: July 21, 2019, 11:11:17 PM »

I agree. (It's worse.)

Edit: Also, South Africa was majority Black during apartheid. Who's in the majority means nothing.

You're literally jumping onto an argument kicked off by a goon claiming that Israel is worse than the Nazis to argue with a Jewish person.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #105 on: July 22, 2019, 08:31:32 AM »

I agree. (It's worse.)

Oh please do elaborate.
Ilhan Apologist
Glowfish

« Reply #106 on: July 22, 2019, 08:54:22 AM »

I agree. (It's worse.)

You're literally jumping onto an argument kicked off by a goon claiming that Israel is worse than the Nazis to argue with a Jewish person.

Yeah, that person is a troll, and I'm not defending them. But my point is that Israel has not been doing a good job of protecting its nonwhite Jewish citizens.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #107 on: July 22, 2019, 09:22:56 AM »

Oh ffs. At least the boycott of apartheid South Africa makes some level of sense as a historical precedent since Israel was among South Africa’s closest allies in that era.

This is needlessly inflammatory, reckless, and pretty disgusting, frankly. And she’s not helping her case that she isn’t an anti-Semite. Ugh.

In a nutshell, this.

That said, she doesn't remotely qualify as an excuse for the Republican party's extreme history of racism and anti-Semitism in the last several years. Can we all recall Trump's address to the Republican Jewish Federation where he talked about how he knew that everyone there in the audience loved to get a good deal? Can we just imagine what the blue avatars reaction would be?
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #108 on: July 22, 2019, 12:39:53 PM »

I agree. (It's worse.)

Yeah, that person is a troll, and I'm not defending them. But my point is that Israel has not been doing a good job of protecting its nonwhite Jewish citizens.

It's complicated, because they are a refuge for many of those citizens from countries that want them dead. But they definitely need to do better.
Ilhan Apologist
Glowfish

« Reply #109 on: July 22, 2019, 12:42:11 PM »

I agree. (It's worse.)

It's complicated, because they are a refuge for many of those citizens from countries that want them dead. But they definitely need to do better.

Glad there's something we can agree on.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #110 on: July 22, 2019, 02:28:34 PM »

Excessive hyperbole, but I like how she's not scared to stand up to Israel. Many on the right love going after Jewish Americans with all kinds of nasty insults (two synagogue shootings as well) but Israel is untouchable. Ilhan is the opposite.
Insomnian
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: -3.10, S: -1.40

« Reply #111 on: July 22, 2019, 05:01:53 PM »

Oh boy, what 2019 really needs is a left-wing civil war where Chapo-types turn on Ilhan Omar for daring to compare the evil Israel and the glorious Soviet Union.
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #112 on: July 22, 2019, 07:53:19 PM »

Citing boycotts of the USSR and Nazi Germany to justify a boycott of Israel only makes sense if you think those countries are all comparable to each other, which they aren't. Chalk it up as another stupid comment from Omar.

Excessive hyperbole, but I like how she's not scared to stand up to Israel.

This is exactly the kind of thing conservatives say to defend Trump.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #113 on: July 22, 2019, 10:38:15 PM »

Citing boycotts of the USSR and Nazi Germany to justify a boycott of Israel only makes sense if you think those countries are all comparable to each other, which they aren't. Chalk it up as another stupid comment from Omar.

Given that Omar did not do that, she isn't the one who made a stupid comment here.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #114 on: July 22, 2019, 11:22:18 PM »

I agree. (It's worse.)

I'll repeat:  Zionism is Necessary.
Vittorio
« Reply #115 on: July 22, 2019, 11:23:51 PM »

I agree. (It's worse.)

I'll repeat:  Zionism is Necessary.

What a bizarre attempt at sloganeering.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies