GA-SEN 2020 Class III Megathread: She Who Loeffs Last (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:40:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  GA-SEN 2020 Class III Megathread: She Who Loeffs Last (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who will Brian Kemp appoint as Johnny Isakson’s successor?
Nathan Deal

Casey Cagle

Geoff Duncan

Brad Raffensperger

Chris Carr

Karen Handel

Rob Woodall

Doug Collins

Austin Scott

Drew Ferguson

Nick Ayers

Buddy Carter

Barry Loudermilk

Tom Price

Newt Gingrich

Jody Hice

Saxby Chambliss

Hunter Hill

Rick Allen

Brian Kemp

Tom Graves

Other

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 117

Author Topic: GA-SEN 2020 Class III Megathread: She Who Loeffs Last  (Read 80296 times)
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« on: July 18, 2019, 12:32:04 AM »

Karen Handel would be a great appointee if Isakson resigned. She is a fantastic candidate...for Democrats to run against that is.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2019, 10:13:46 AM »

Karen Handel is probably blowing up the Governor's phone trying to get this appointment. Not that she'll get it, but I'm sure she'll ask.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2019, 04:29:33 PM »

Pulling a Jacky Rosen actually isn't a bad idea. McBath represents a swing district so she has already managed to win voters that are necessary to win statewide and she can easily raise money. GA-6 is probably not going to get anymore favorable to Republicans so Democrats have a good chance at maintaining it. An open seat and only needing to find about 55-60k votes to win the race makes this a prime opportunity that doesn't come up all the time. McBath is wise to take it.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2019, 04:44:16 PM »

Pulling a Jacky Rosen actually isn't a bad idea. McBath represents a swing district so she has already managed to win voters that are necessary to win statewide and she can easily raise money. GA-6 is probably not going to get anymore favorable to Republicans so Democrats have a good chance at maintaining it. An open seat and only needing to find about 55-60k votes to win the race makes this a prime opportunity that doesn't come up all the time. McBath is wise to take it.

Comapring NV and GA is like comparing oranges and apples

Considering that you can't spell comparing I'm not about to be chastised by you.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2019, 04:55:54 PM »

Considering that you can't spell comparing I'm not about to be chastised by you.

What a powerful counterargument.

I never said Nevada and Georgia were exactly the same, but you knew that. My point was that a freshman representative running for the Senate isn't always a bad idea especially when said representative represents a swing district.

You all want to keep ignoring that every single statewide race was decided within single digits last year. The votes to make up that deficit can be made up by registering new voters. Georgia is clearly not the same state it was 10 or even 5 years ago.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2019, 05:21:54 PM »

What a powerful counterargument.

I never said Nevada and Georgia were exactly the same, but you knew that. My point was that a freshman representative running for the Senate isn't always a bad idea especially when said representative represents a swing district.

You all want to keep ignoring that every single statewide race was decided within single digits last year. The votes to make up that deficit can be made up by registering new voters. Georgia is clearly not the same state it was 10 or even 5 years ago.

Sure, GA is becoming more D friendly over the years, but McBath (contrary to Rosen) would be a significant underdog.

What is not clicking? What is not clicking? I never said the states were the same politically, but you are twisting my words. Stop it.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2019, 05:22:27 PM »

She lost a winnable race by 1.4 despite a D+8 year. The performance of Carter in 2014 was far more impressive when you take into consideration the fact that 2014 was a horrible year for dems
This poster and other Republicans spent the whole 2018 cycle saying Abrams was DOA. Now she blew a winnable race. LMAO. Ok. Anything to ignore the fact that GA will be Likely D sooner rather than later.

And if anyone won voters that otherwise vote R out of Abrams/Nunn/Carter it was Abrams. But keep going with your delusions.

If someone is delusionnal here, it's you. You are just a big moron who believes that Abrams is the rightful governor.

Besides I was not on atlas last year since I created my profile in january.

I suggest you not engage him. To converse with someone like him would be well beneath your time and effort.

I thought you hated personal attacks though?

Some people don't take their own advice.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2019, 06:45:03 PM »

Handel would one of the more likely losers for Republicans and that's why she won't be the appointee. She's lost two statewide primaries and a congressional seat so it's safe to say she has no political capital.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2019, 06:18:15 PM »
« Edited: September 18, 2019, 10:29:35 AM by Invisible Obama »

That appointment process is a crock. Phony good government is so much more annoying than outright poor government. The choice will be an insider, so any farmers or blue collar workers who think they are going to be Mr. Smith Goes to Washington will be sadly disappointed.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2019, 10:37:10 PM »

With new registrations and more shifts in suburban counties it's not hard to find 55k or so votes that needed to win statewide. You could easily see a gain of thousands of more votes than that for Democrats. Republicans are barely hanging on to the state considering that every single statewide race last year was decided by single digits.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2019, 04:55:50 PM »

Look at who is playing identity politics. The deck is stacked against Loeffler because she's immediately going to be labeled as not having the Trump seal of approval. Second, Collins being ranking member of the Judiciary Committee gives him the ability to defend Trump against impeachment in the most theatrical manner. Third, Loeffler is a transplant and Collins is a native of Georgia, so he's going to ham it up to lock in rural voters.

To overcome that, Loeffler would have to seriously prove she is more Trumpist than Trump's pick and that's a hard sell. Even if she did manage to do that, she'd be damaged goods in the general. All that said, I think Collins wins the primary easily.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2019, 05:04:22 PM »

To overcome that, Loeffler would have to seriously prove she is more Trumpist than Trump's pick and that's a hard sell. Even if she did manage to do that, she'd be damaged goods in the general. All that said, I think Collins wins the primary easily.

There's not going to be a standard primary, right? For the special, they're doing a jungle primary.

That's right, I'm getting the races confused. Loeffler is definitely finished before she starts in this case.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2019, 02:51:19 PM »

Miss Moneybags will say whatever she needs to in order to keep extreme conservatives on her side, but at the the same time this sort of rhetoric will not help stop the metro area from trending more Democratic. Women are not going to vote for her simply because she is a woman. She has Suzi Terrell vibes.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2019, 05:03:45 PM »

Trump is not the favorite in Georgia at this point (more than one poll suggests this). Anyway, Loeffler donated to Stabenow, so I'm guessing that will be a problem is some random crazy GOPer decided to run and make an issue out of her donations to Democrats.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2019, 06:45:41 PM »

Trump is not the favorite in Georgia at this point (more than one poll suggests this). Anyway, Loeffler donated to Stabenow, so I'm guessing that will be a problem is some random crazy GOPer decided to run and make an issue out of her donations to Democrats.

Trump is clearly the favorite to win GA. Last year republicans swept every statewide offices and exit polls gave him a 52/47 approval rate, and no it’s not a poll where 65% of the sample is composed of college educated voters which will change my opinions

There have been at least four polls showing Trump down in Georgia. A lot of things have happened since last year so old exit poll data is useless.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2020, 11:22:35 AM »

Collins and Loeffler are probably about evenly balanced now since Loeffler has taken a very socially conservative tone.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2020, 08:51:48 PM »

Collins is pretty nuts and not a great fit for the suburbs so I'm not so sure he's that hard to defeat.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2020, 07:33:42 PM »

The fact that either of them coveted the endorsement of someone who isn't even elected yet and who is totally crazy is hilarious. Loeffler is probably counting on Northwest Georgia getting her into the runoff as Collins will likely do best in his Northeast Georgia district while Middle and South Georgia could go either way.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies