GA-SEN 2020 Class III Megathread: She Who Loeffs Last (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:42:04 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  GA-SEN 2020 Class III Megathread: She Who Loeffs Last (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who will Brian Kemp appoint as Johnny Isakson’s successor?
Nathan Deal

Casey Cagle

Geoff Duncan

Brad Raffensperger

Chris Carr

Karen Handel

Rob Woodall

Doug Collins

Austin Scott

Drew Ferguson

Nick Ayers

Buddy Carter

Barry Loudermilk

Tom Price

Newt Gingrich

Jody Hice

Saxby Chambliss

Hunter Hill

Rick Allen

Brian Kemp

Tom Graves

Other

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 117

Author Topic: GA-SEN 2020 Class III Megathread: She Who Loeffs Last  (Read 80182 times)
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« on: August 28, 2019, 10:02:10 AM »

Kemp will appoint Austin Scott or Jack Kingston, I bet.

LOL, Democrats can hope.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2019, 02:53:02 PM »

I think Holcomb and my girl Tominlosn can carry us to victory. I like Terry but he reminds me too much of the young and hip pretty white guy that Democrats have tried many times before and failed.

Tomlinson looks good on paper but her fundraising is disappointing.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2019, 06:04:43 PM »

The finalists will go to DC and Trump will announce the winner by saying "You are hired".
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2020, 12:37:12 PM »

It seems that there is movement in Georgia legislature to make this a normal general election with partisan primaries, etc, instead of a November jungle primary.

https://www.ajc.com/blog/politics/democratic-bid-alter-the-georgia-melee-for-senate-seat/p9hbVzZnekxZYeBVo5l3LJ/

Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2020, 06:16:13 AM »

Is Loeffler the worst appointment of all-time?

Roland Burris says hi.

Are there any Georgia posters (or people more in tune to state politics) who know why on earth Kemp picked her? Was it a literal F you to every elected republican in Georgia?

She is a woman with lots of money, married to a husband with even more money.
That's about it.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2020, 05:59:57 PM »

aware I'm close to sh**tposting but how on earth is this a good way to elect a Senator? For some reason I thought the jungle primary was in the summer... it just seems like such a weird & unnceessary way to do an election in a two-party system.

I guess it must be a relic from the era of Solid South when all southern states were one-party states.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2020, 12:23:33 PM »

Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2020, 03:54:02 PM »

Warnock raised 1,5 million in two months and had 1,2 on hand, compared to Lieberman who raised 300 thousand and had 267 thousand on hand. So at least on that aspect he is by far the best Dem.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2020, 04:38:25 PM »

Warnock raised 1,5 million in two months and had 1,2 on hand, compared to Lieberman who raised 300 thousand and had 267 thousand on hand. So at least on that aspect he is by far the best Dem.

And yet, he’s still stuck in mid-to-upper single-digits which is good for fourth place.

That's because Lieberman had a significant head start and Warnock didn't have the chance to campaign due to the virus.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2020, 04:19:58 PM »

Yeah, Ossoff literally lost a special election race in 2017 that should have been a slam dunk win.

Again the same nonsense. If it was a slam-dunk then why no high-profile Democrat entered the race?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2020, 06:30:16 PM »

If she drops out the Democrats need to force everyone out and endorse Warnock.

No, they need to force Warnock to drop out and endorse Lieberman (i.e. the strongest - or rather, least weak - Democrat running).  Of course, they should be spending on the regular Georgia Senate race since unlike Warnock or Lieberman, Osoff actually has a chance of winning even if it's a long shot and the money would be much better spent on Maine, North Carolina, Montana, and (if Kobach is the Republican nominee) Kansas.
The candidate who has $1 million more cash on hand, endorsed by the largest vote getting Democrat in the state’s history, and to be frank- the candidate who is Black in a state where 2/3 of the votes Democrats will get in November and a run off will be Black needs to drop out because of some polls six months out when NO ONE has been campaigning? Nah.

Agreed. Also....in what world is Ossoff better than Warnock?

Yeah, Ossoff literally lost a special election race in 2017 that should have been a slam dunk win.

No? 2018 was a wave year with Democrats winning the popular vote by 9%, and McBath *just* skated by for a win. Ossoff only lost by like 2% in 2017 b/c the race got nationalized. Pure and simple. These takes that Ossoff was a bad candidate and had a horrible loss don't jive with reality, especially in that district that still wildly swung left despite Ossoff still losing.

But this doesn't make him a good statewide candidate.

He is obviously the best from those currently running. It's not his fault if Tomlinson proved to be a dud.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2020, 08:33:06 PM »

If she drops out the Democrats need to force everyone out and endorse Warnock.

No, they need to force Warnock to drop out and endorse Lieberman (i.e. the strongest - or rather, least weak - Democrat running).  Of course, they should be spending on the regular Georgia Senate race since unlike Warnock or Lieberman, Osoff actually has a chance of winning even if it's a long shot and the money would be much better spent on Maine, North Carolina, Montana, and (if Kobach is the Republican nominee) Kansas.
The candidate who has $1 million more cash on hand, endorsed by the largest vote getting Democrat in the state’s history, and to be frank- the candidate who is Black in a state where 2/3 of the votes Democrats will get in November and a run off will be Black needs to drop out because of some polls six months out when NO ONE has been campaigning? Nah.

Agreed. Also....in what world is Ossoff better than Warnock?

The real world Tongue

Did Warnock cut you off on the highway or something?

There are a couple of Democratic posters here who still believe that the story about Warnock running over his wife's foot was real.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2020, 11:05:24 AM »

Ossoff and Warnock are the best choices in their respective primaries and it's not even close. They balance one another out very well.

Outside of their races obviously being different, I don't see this. Both are male candidates based in the Atlanta metro who don't bring actual governing experience to the ticket.

I've made it clear on this forum I think Tomlinson is far and away the better candidate for the regularly scheduled race. It's not because I trivially or superficially like her more.

He probably means that one is a young white Jewish guy while the other is an older black Evangelical, thus they appeal and bring out different parts of the Democratic coalition.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2020, 02:25:05 PM »

New Loeffler ad: "More conservative than Attila the Hun"

Note that, for some reason, this isn't an attack ad.

Remember when her appointment would nail down those wobbly educated suburbanites?
Good times.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2020, 12:50:13 PM »

Imagine being a Democrat and believing that trashing Obama will actually help you in a Democratic primary.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2020, 12:32:37 PM »

If the prospect of the first black senator from Georgia won't motivate black voters in the runoff then nothing will.
As for educated suburbanites, they always vote. And considering the fact that Trump won't just go gently into that good night after his defeat, I bet they won't resist the temptation to give him and his enablers a last kick in the nuts.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2020, 10:26:58 AM »

Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2020, 03:32:55 AM »
« Edited: October 29, 2020, 06:22:28 AM by Brittain33 »

Jim Oberweis and Carly Fiorina start to look good next to Loeffler.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies