GA-SEN 2020 Class III Megathread: She Who Loeffs Last (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 08:00:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  GA-SEN 2020 Class III Megathread: She Who Loeffs Last (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who will Brian Kemp appoint as Johnny Isakson’s successor?
Nathan Deal

Casey Cagle

Geoff Duncan

Brad Raffensperger

Chris Carr

Karen Handel

Rob Woodall

Doug Collins

Austin Scott

Drew Ferguson

Nick Ayers

Buddy Carter

Barry Loudermilk

Tom Price

Newt Gingrich

Jody Hice

Saxby Chambliss

Hunter Hill

Rick Allen

Brian Kemp

Tom Graves

Other

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 117

Author Topic: GA-SEN 2020 Class III Megathread: She Who Loeffs Last  (Read 80245 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« on: May 23, 2020, 02:16:04 PM »

If she drops out the Democrats need to force everyone out and endorse Warnock.

No, they need to force Warnock to drop out and endorse Lieberman (i.e. the strongest - or rather, least weak - Democrat running).  Of course, they should be spending on the regular Georgia Senate race since unlike Warnock or Lieberman, Osoff actually has a chance of winning even if it's a long shot and the money would be much better spent on Maine, North Carolina, Montana, and (if Kobach is the Republican nominee) Kansas.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2020, 03:35:53 PM »

No, they need to force Warnock to drop out and endorse Lieberman (i.e. the strongest - or rather, least weak - Democrat running).  Of course, they should be spending on the regular Georgia Senate race since unlike Warnock or Lieberman, Osoff actually has a chance of winning even if it's a long shot and the money would be much better spent on Maine, North Carolina, Montana, and (if Kobach is the Republican nominee) Kansas.

If anything Lieberman is the weaker of the two.  And it would be far better for Democrats to have him drop out.

I mean, Lieberman has - with the exception of one poll - been consistently been polling in double-digits (which is more than Warnock can say), specifically in second place behind Collins.  If anything, there's a slight danger Warnock could play spoiler and cause Loeffler to eek past Lieberman for the second runoff slot.  Warnock has raised more money than Lieberman, but that's basically all you can say in his favor and if that's our metric then why is no one talking about #UnbeatableTitan Jon Osoff.  I mean, you have one candidate consistently polling in second with 13-15% (Lieberman) and another candidate pretty consistently polling in fourth with 7-9% (Warnock). 

Honestly, I'm not sure what all the hype was about with Warnock, he always struck me as a pretty weak candidate (not that Lieberman isn't a C-lister himself).  People have been talking about the guy for like four years and he always seemed like just a random some dude pastor.  If his campaign so far is anything to go by, then before too long it'll be time for me to accept my accolades Tongue
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2020, 04:31:52 PM »

Warnock raised 1,5 million in two months and had 1,2 on hand, compared to Lieberman who raised 300 thousand and had 267 thousand on hand. So at least on that aspect he is by far the best Dem.

And yet, he’s still stuck in mid-to-upper single-digits which is good for fourth place.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2020, 05:25:09 PM »

I know this is about the 4th time I've ranted but it's madness that this race seems to have the worse Democratic recruits out of any of the states that could flip.

I wonder if the run-off & weirdness with two elections has contributed

I mean, no one expected Loeffler to implode like this Tongue
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2020, 06:34:38 PM »

The candidate who has $1 million more cash on hand, endorsed by the largest vote getting Democrat in the state’s history, and to be frank- the candidate who is Black in a state where 2/3 of the votes Democrats will get in November and a run off will be Black needs to drop out because of some polls six months out when NO ONE has been campaigning? Nah.

Agreed. Also....in what world is Ossoff better than Warnock?

The real world Tongue
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2020, 09:09:07 PM »

No, they need to force Warnock to drop out and endorse Lieberman (i.e. the strongest - or rather, least weak - Democrat running).  Of course, they should be spending on the regular Georgia Senate race since unlike Warnock or Lieberman, Osoff actually has a chance of winning even if it's a long shot and the money would be much better spent on Maine, North Carolina, Montana, and (if Kobach is the Republican nominee) Kansas.
The candidate who has $1 million more cash on hand, endorsed by the largest vote getting Democrat in the state’s history, and to be frank- the candidate who is Black in a state where 2/3 of the votes Democrats will get in November and a run off will be Black needs to drop out because of some polls six months out when NO ONE has been campaigning? Nah.

The real world Tongue

Did Warnock cut you off on the highway or something?

No, I just want the strongest Democrat.  I’m glad the story about Warnock running over his wife’s foot turned out not to be true, but I have been decidedly unimpressed by him as a candidate all the same.  Maybe someone can explain what I’m missing here?

Plus, the fact is that we have a far better shot of beating Perdue with Osoff than we do of beating Collins with Warnock or Lieberman (both of whom are weak C-list candidates, whereas Osoff is a B/B- candidate who has outraised everyone else running in either Senate race).
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2020, 01:48:33 PM »
« Edited: May 25, 2020, 01:52:52 PM by Everything Burns... »

Maybe someone can explain what I’m missing here?

It's been explained numerous times on this board within the last 48 hours alone why he's the strongest Dem in the special election field, from both of public and behind-the-scenes perspective.

In that case, humor me and explain it again because no one has explained it to me Tongue  I don't really see what's so unreasonable about saying "random C-list sacrificial lamb #1 is probably a better candidate than random C-list sacrificial lamb #2 since the former is generally polling in second while the latter is generally polling in a single-digit fourth place."  It's not like Lieberman or Warnock stands a chance here unless some freak COVID-19 voter turnout fluke causes one of them to make it into a runoff with Loeffler rather than Collins.

No, they need to force Warnock to drop out and endorse Lieberman (i.e. the strongest - or rather, least weak - Democrat running).  Of course, they should be spending on the regular Georgia Senate race since unlike Warnock or Lieberman, Osoff actually has a chance of winning even if it's a long shot and the money would be much better spent on Maine, North Carolina, Montana, and (if Kobach is the Republican nominee) Kansas.

The real world Tongue

Did Warnock cut you off on the highway or something?

No, I just want the strongest Democrat.  I’m glad the story about Warnock running over his wife’s foot turned out not to be true, but I have been decidedly unimpressed by him as a candidate all the same.  Maybe someone can explain what I’m missing here?

Plus, the fact is that we have a far better shot of beating Perdue with Osoff than we do of beating Collins with Warnock or Lieberman (both of whom are weak C-list candidates, whereas Osoff is a B/B- candidate who has outraised everyone else running in either Senate race).
Really odd that that you insist Warnock is a worse candidate when both polls I have seen had Warnock doing better than Lieberman.

IIRC, Warnock has only led Lieberman in one poll whereas Lieberman [and Loeffler] has led Warnock in three polls (all of which have shown Lieberman at 13-15% and Warnock at 7-9%).  Those are the only four polls I've seen of the race.  Frankly, I don't have a dog in the Lieberman vs. Warnock fight except that we shouldn't be lighting money on fire by wasting it on this race (Osoff vs. Perdue OTOH appears to actually be a long-shot pickup opportunity even if getting past that 50% mark will be a really heavy lift, so I'm fine with spending a bit there as long as it doesn't come at the expense of Maine, North Carolina, Montana, Kansas - if Kobach gets nominated, etc).  Spending money on Lieberman or Warnock would be like wasting it on Hegar's campaign in Texas tbh.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2020, 02:51:50 PM »

I mean, random some dude on twitter who only uses all caps isn't really a credible source Tongue
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2020, 01:15:24 PM »

Yeah, Warnock can take either one of them in a runoff. Even if Biden wins. 

I really hope you're right, but I think Collins probably wins the runoff.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2020, 12:18:12 PM »

I wish Lieberman would drop out. The worst possible outcome would be an all Republican runoff.

One could just as easily say the same thing about Warnock.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2020, 01:35:56 PM »

Yikes!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies