GA-SEN 2020 Class III Megathread: She Who Loeffs Last
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 04:10:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  GA-SEN 2020 Class III Megathread: She Who Loeffs Last
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42
Poll
Question: Who will Brian Kemp appoint as Johnny Isakson’s successor?
Nathan Deal

Casey Cagle

Geoff Duncan

Brad Raffensperger

Chris Carr

Karen Handel

Rob Woodall

Doug Collins

Austin Scott

Drew Ferguson

Nick Ayers

Buddy Carter

Barry Loudermilk

Tom Price

Newt Gingrich

Jody Hice

Saxby Chambliss

Hunter Hill

Rick Allen

Brian Kemp

Tom Graves

Other

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 117

Author Topic: GA-SEN 2020 Class III Megathread: She Who Loeffs Last  (Read 80314 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #950 on: October 18, 2020, 04:25:05 AM »
« edited: October 18, 2020, 04:28:23 AM by ○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└ »

There hasn't been a split party result from two Senate races held at the same time in the same state since 1966. I found these in the decade before that.

HI upon statehood in 1959
ID 1962
NH 1962
SC 1966

Were either of those runoff elections? Theoretically, if Ossoff gets 50%+ but Warnock doesn't, Loeffler might be at an advantage in January.

No, and I didn't see any other split party results from elections held in the same year for 1952-present.
Torrain
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

« Reply #951 on: October 19, 2020, 11:01:44 AM »

The first debate for the GA-Special Election is tonight. Could be a turning point in the race, given the weird dynamics at play.

Will Collins bury Loeffler, and claim the mantle of true GOP candidate?

Can Warnock gain the crossover support he needs?

Will Loeffler prove that she has what it takes to hold the seat (lol)?

Loeffler, Warnock, Collins to have 1st Georgia Senate debate

ATLANTA (AP) — Candidates in the special election for the U.S. Senate seat held by Georgia Republican Kelly Loeffler are set to square off in their first debate Monday afternoon.

Loeffler faces a large field of opponents including Democrat Raphael Warnock and fellow Republican Doug Collins in a race for the seat she was appointed to 10 months ago.
Lognog
United States

« Reply #952 on: October 19, 2020, 11:45:14 AM »

The first debate for the GA-Special Election is tonight. Could be a turning point in the race, given the weird dynamics at play.

Will Collins bury Loeffler, and claim the mantle of true GOP candidate?

Can Warnock gain the crossover support he needs?

Will Loeffler prove that she has what it takes to hold the seat (lol)?

Loeffler, Warnock, Collins to have 1st Georgia Senate debate

ATLANTA (AP) — Candidates in the special election for the U.S. Senate seat held by Georgia Republican Kelly Loeffler are set to square off in their first debate Monday afternoon.

Loeffler faces a large field of opponents including Democrat Raphael Warnock and fellow Republican Doug Collins in a race for the seat she was appointed to 10 months ago.

Thank god no Liberman
The Ex-Factor
xfactor99
Viet Nam

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -6.43

« Reply #953 on: October 21, 2020, 08:27:17 AM »

Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #954 on: October 21, 2020, 08:29:24 AM »

What a f**king clown show.
prag_prog
United States

« Reply #955 on: October 21, 2020, 08:54:11 AM »

Gosh I hate Collins....Loeffler is fake af but it's more likely that she isn't going to be as irritating as Collins incase she gets elected.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #956 on: October 21, 2020, 04:02:33 PM »

Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #957 on: October 21, 2020, 05:01:57 PM »

One of the things I don't get about these kind of Republican efforts is that even in relatively affluent districts, the typical voter is nowhere near affluent enough to benefit from GOP policies or relate to the 0.1%-ers they nominate as candidates.

If the GOP actually wanted to appeal to "suburban moms" they should have nominated a partner-track corporate lawyer who lives in a 4-bedroom house in Sandy Springs with her software developer husband, with a mortgage and outstanding student loans from law school.

I'm sure we'd all love to @#$% our way into an executive position at a major stock exchange but life isn't so charmed for most people.

Also, no "mom" has hair like Kelly Loeffler's - they'd never have the time to keep it looking that way while juggling work and the kids' after school activities and cooking and everything else. That's the hair of a woman with a lot of free time on her hands and stylists who make house calls.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #958 on: October 22, 2020, 12:33:30 AM »

Amazing that this is being posted by Collins rather than being an attack ad against him.

What a motley crew of weirdos and grifters.

Torrain
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

« Reply #959 on: October 22, 2020, 04:23:08 AM »

Amazing that this is being posted by Collins rather than being an attack ad against him.

Put the photo in black and white, change the font to scare text, play some dramatic music in the background, and you’ve got a Warnock attack as about how Collins is too extreme for Georgia.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #960 on: October 22, 2020, 06:27:57 AM »

Put the photo in black and white, change the font to scare text, play some dramatic music in the background, and you’ve got a Warnock attack as about how Collins is too extreme for Georgia.
There are perverse incentives here. Loeffler and Collinss both need to surpass the other and the way to do that is to run to the right. But doing so only helps Warnock by giving Dems even more reason to turn out in both the first round and second, and by also harming their standing among the few swing voters.
Prisoners' Dilemma, much?
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #961 on: October 22, 2020, 08:17:20 AM »

What a clown show
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix

« Reply #962 on: October 22, 2020, 08:21:21 AM »

Omg, that ratio.
LabourJersey
United States

« Reply #963 on: October 22, 2020, 10:46:17 AM »

It's getting really clear how the runoff aspect of this special election is going to hurt the Georgia GOP tremendously.

Loeffler and Collins are shooting themselves and each other in the foot on a daily basis when it comes to appealing to the moderates they will need in the second round.

Also, as Niles put it on Twitter, it's almost stunning how stunningly far-right both candidates are in a states that's increasing becoming a swing state
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #964 on: October 22, 2020, 10:49:03 AM »

One of the things I don't get about these kind of Republican efforts is that even in relatively affluent districts, the typical voter is nowhere near affluent enough to benefit from GOP policies or relate to the 0.1%-ers they nominate as candidates.

If the GOP actually wanted to appeal to "suburban moms" they should have nominated a partner-track corporate lawyer who lives in a 4-bedroom house in Sandy Springs with her software developer husband, with a mortgage and outstanding student loans from law school.

I'm sure we'd all love to @#$% our way into an executive position at a major stock exchange but life isn't so charmed for most people.

Also, no "mom" has hair like Kelly Loeffler's - they'd never have the time to keep it looking that way while juggling work and the kids' after school activities and cooking and everything else. That's the hair of a woman with a lot of free time on her hands and stylists who make house calls.
MGT is unironically closer to suburban women than Kelly Loeffler right ?
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #965 on: October 22, 2020, 11:01:58 AM »

Really interested in seeing what this county map winds up looking like. With Collins and Loeffler dividing the Republican vote, I'm assuming Warnock carries some non-traditional counties, comes close in some even less traditional counties, and wins the overwhelmingly Democratic counties by even more massive margins than normal.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #966 on: October 22, 2020, 11:27:36 AM »

Really interested in seeing what this county map winds up looking like. With Collins and Loeffler dividing the Republican vote, I'm assuming Warnock carries some non-traditional counties, comes close in some even less traditional counties, and wins the overwhelmingly Democratic counties by even more massive margins than normal.

I know the polls don't suggest it, but given record voter turnout & those dynamics which you mention, what are the odds of us seeing an outright Warnock win on November 3rd at this rate?
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #967 on: October 22, 2020, 12:13:32 PM »

I know the polls don't suggest it, but given record voter turnout & those dynamics which you mention, what are the odds of us seeing an outright Warnock win on November 3rd at this rate?

The Warnock campaign seems to genuinely believe it's possible, but I'm not seeing signs of that yet. Ossoff's team seems to be betting on a January unity ticket.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #968 on: October 22, 2020, 12:27:27 PM »

The Warnock campaign seems to genuinely believe it's possible, but I'm not seeing signs of that yet. Ossoff's team seems to be betting on a January unity ticket.

It's unfortunate b/c if Lieberman dropped out, I tihnk Warnock would definitely have a chance. But him and Tarver are going to siphen just enough votes away.

While I would love for Ossoff to win outright, a double runoff seems most likely. Would certainly turbo charge turnout.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #969 on: October 22, 2020, 03:08:18 PM »

Am I the only one who is pretty optimistic about a Warnock win in a runoff?
Keep in mind that Trump will still be in office, and the GOP will likely be heavily fractured as Trump goes on a scorched Earth campaign against literally everyone because he is a manchild.
If Trump somehow wins....that just incentivized Democrats to get out and vote more.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #970 on: October 22, 2020, 03:32:57 PM »

Am I the only one who is pretty optimistic about a Warnock win in a runoff?
Keep in mind that Trump will still be in office, and the GOP will likely be heavily fractured as Trump goes on a scorched Earth campaign against literally everyone because he is a manchild.
If Trump somehow wins....that just incentivized Democrats to get out and vote more.

No, I also have Warnock winning for the same reason. Georgia is a purple state who might even vote for Biden. They don't want a far right nutjob or someone who falsely claims to be one. They don't want someone who brags about how Trumpy she is or someone who literally does join campaign events with QAnon. I think Warnock is Lean D against Collins and Likely D against Loeffler, and that's not even considering how Trump may behave between November and January.
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #971 on: October 27, 2020, 09:24:19 AM »

Illini Moderate
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -4.00

« Reply #972 on: October 27, 2020, 10:29:32 AM »

Genuine question, what does the Lincoln Project actually do to move voters outside of Twitter. Do they air ads in targeted districts? Or do they do any GOTV efforts? All I've seen are twitter ads and I actually think its pathetic that they spent donor money just to troll Ivanka and Jared (although it was hilarious)
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix

« Reply #973 on: October 27, 2020, 03:58:10 PM »

Genuine question, what does the Lincoln Project actually do to move voters outside of Twitter. Do they air ads in targeted districts? Or do they do any GOTV efforts? All I've seen are twitter ads and I actually think its pathetic that they spent donor money just to troll Ivanka and Jared (although it was hilarious)

They don't do anything. They're just a bunch of grifters getting money from the MSNBC watching crowd setting said money on fire by buying stuff in the NYC and DC markets.   Granted, I only watch live TV at work but I sat down and watched a solid two hours of it the other night and saw nothing and GA is like the closest state in the whole country. I've also never been given any targeted ads on YT or anything and once again, this is the closest state in the country.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #974 on: October 27, 2020, 04:35:05 PM »

FWIW I think they did $1 million in TV ads in Texas.

It actually appears that republican voters against trump seems to be doing a lot more in terms of grassroots content.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies