GA-SEN 2020 Class III Megathread: She Who Loeffs Last
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:10:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  GA-SEN 2020 Class III Megathread: She Who Loeffs Last
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 ... 42
Poll
Question: Who will Brian Kemp appoint as Johnny Isakson’s successor?
Nathan Deal

Casey Cagle

Geoff Duncan

Brad Raffensperger

Chris Carr

Karen Handel

Rob Woodall

Doug Collins

Austin Scott

Drew Ferguson

Nick Ayers

Buddy Carter

Barry Loudermilk

Tom Price

Newt Gingrich

Jody Hice

Saxby Chambliss

Hunter Hill

Rick Allen

Brian Kemp

Tom Graves

Other

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 117

Author Topic: GA-SEN 2020 Class III Megathread: She Who Loeffs Last  (Read 80277 times)
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #850 on: September 28, 2020, 03:22:55 PM »

https://twitter.com/KLoeffler/status/1310665791210221579

I regret to inform you all that Kelly Lofeller has, for a third time, compared herself favorably to Attila the Hun

Wait, hold up. This kinda feels... pro-civil war? Like they obviously still don't understand who Attila actually was but more importantly, the idea that the right should "attack the far left" like Attila would've seems just a little bit pro-inciting violence.
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #851 on: September 28, 2020, 04:03:28 PM »

I regret to inform you all that Kelly Lofeller has, for a third time, compared herself favorably to Attila the Hun

Wait, hold up. This kinda feels... pro-civil war? Like they obviously still don't understand who Attila actually was but more importantly, the idea that the right should "attack the far left" like Attila would've seems just a little bit pro-inciting violence.

And her base will lap it up, as per usual.
We Live in Black and White
SvenTC
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.81, S: -6.82

« Reply #852 on: September 28, 2020, 04:05:54 PM »

Get ready to be on the wrong end of every "responsible gun owner" in America. The militias are coming.
Stuart98
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -5.83

« Reply #853 on: September 28, 2020, 04:34:48 PM »

Because if there's anything Attila the Hun is known for, it's respecting people's right to life.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #854 on: September 28, 2020, 05:16:29 PM »

She's very strange.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #855 on: September 28, 2020, 08:46:18 PM »

I mean, you have to get to the runoff before you can win it, but all this "most conservative Senator" nonsense seems like it would be laying poor groundwork for January.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #856 on: September 29, 2020, 07:07:43 AM »

I mean, you have to get to the runoff before you can win it, but all this "most conservative Senator" nonsense seems like it would be laying poor groundwork for January.

This. She may be doing it to help her now but I can't imagine any of this is going to help in January.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #857 on: September 29, 2020, 09:15:45 AM »

I can’t imagine what her post senate career is gonna look like. I really doubt she’s gonna be welcomed with open arms back into the financial community in Atlanta.
Babeuf

« Reply #858 on: September 29, 2020, 10:25:32 AM »

It's her only play. She was on path to lose to Collins in round 1 without aggressively going to his right and getting the hardcore Trump vote.

Agreed that it is bad positioning for the runoff but she had no choice imo (other than to lose with dignity lol).
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #859 on: September 29, 2020, 10:52:24 AM »

I can’t imagine what her post senate career is gonna look like. I really doubt she’s gonna be welcomed with open arms back into the financial community in Atlanta.

She's not really welcome anywhere in Atlanta atp
Jay 🏳️‍⚧️
trippytropicana
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.06, S: -4.00

« Reply #860 on: September 29, 2020, 12:54:48 PM »

This. She may be doing it to help her now but I can't imagine any of this is going to help in January.

Runoffs in georgia are well known, and have been for a while, to be far whiter and far more Republican than the general elections. Unless black turnout can be motivated to turn out in the runoff, its basically a foregone conclusion
Nutmeg
thepolitic
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #861 on: September 29, 2020, 01:48:04 PM »

Despicable ideology on Loeff's part, but it is good strategy with regard to actually winning, unfortunately.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #862 on: September 29, 2020, 01:48:57 PM »

Runoffs in georgia are well known, and have been for a while, to be far whiter and far more Republican than the general elections. Unless black turnout can be motivated to turn out in the runoff, its basically a foregone conclusion
John Barrow and Lindy Miller got 48 percent in a low turnout run off for down ballot offices. This isn't 2008. Jim Martin ran away from Obama and neglected the Black base. Warnock is backed by Abrams and will CERTAINLY outrun historical Dem margins in Cobb, Gwinnett, Forsyth, Cherokee, Henry, Fayette, etc
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #863 on: September 29, 2020, 02:06:44 PM »

She's not really welcome anywhere in Atlanta atp

Lol it'd be funny if she moved to some rando podunk town and then found out she can't get good food.
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #864 on: September 29, 2020, 03:12:38 PM »

Anyway, the polls today consistently had Warnock in the lead. Guess that's what happens when you finally campaign and rack up the parties endorsements. Also explains why Loeffer and Collins have been at each others throats, rather than messing with the previous third-place candidate.
ajc0918
United States

« Reply #865 on: September 29, 2020, 03:36:03 PM »

What are the odds that Dems pick up both seats?
The Arizonan
United States

« Reply #866 on: September 29, 2020, 08:39:01 PM »

What are the odds that Dems pick up both seats?

I’d say that the odds are less than 30%.
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #867 on: October 01, 2020, 06:05:16 AM »
« Edited: October 01, 2020, 06:08:49 AM by Young Latino male Clinton-O’Rourke-Fletcher voter for TRUMP »

Former Gov. Nathan Deal endorses Collins.
“I know that the governor [Kemp] had to make a tough choice, but I’ve made my choice, too, and that’s Doug Collins," Deal said. “A Senate seat representing the state of Georgia cannot be bought.”
https://www.ajc.com/politics/politics-blog/nathan-deal-backs-doug-collins-bid-for-senate-in-georgia/BOTROPB7T5BF7AFHUBBU7Y6TUU/
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #868 on: October 01, 2020, 08:05:05 AM »

Lognog
United States

« Reply #869 on: October 01, 2020, 08:52:20 AM »

John Barrow and Lindy Miller got 48 percent in a low turnout run off for down ballot offices. This isn't 2008. Jim Martin ran away from Obama and neglected the Black base. Warnock is backed by Abrams and will CERTAINLY outrun historical Dem margins in Cobb, Gwinnett, Forsyth, Cherokee, Henry, Fayette, etc

The million dollar question is, will they come back for the run off
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #870 on: October 01, 2020, 10:50:55 AM »

They ain't playing games here, are they?
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #871 on: October 01, 2020, 10:53:32 AM »

They ain't playing games here, are they?

What's getting frustrating now is that if Lieberman and Tarver actually dropped out, Warnock may actually have a chance at hitting nearly 50%.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #872 on: October 01, 2020, 12:09:34 PM »

The million dollar question is, will they come back for the run off

Money, attention, and enthusiasm will not be an issue for Democrats. If Biden wins and has a trifecta, there will still be the stench of Trump around the Republican and a Democratic trifecta will not have even had a chance to govern by January5. Trump will literally still be the president and God knows what kind of chaos and confusion he’ll be up to. Warnock is going to be extremely formidable and I can’t wait until we have our run off match up settled so we can start putting in work.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #873 on: October 01, 2020, 12:32:37 PM »

If the prospect of the first black senator from Georgia won't motivate black voters in the runoff then nothing will.
As for educated suburbanites, they always vote. And considering the fact that Trump won't just go gently into that good night after his defeat, I bet they won't resist the temptation to give him and his enablers a last kick in the nuts.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #874 on: October 01, 2020, 12:34:38 PM »

If the prospect of the first black senator from Georgia won't motivate black voters in the runoff then nothing will.

Descriptive representation is overrated as an electorate force.

As for educated suburbanites, they always vote. And considering the fact that Trump won't just go gently into that good night after his defeat, I bet they won't resist the temptation to give him and his enablers a last kick in the nuts.

I'm not sure it's a given Trump would support Republicans in a runoff if he'd already lost assuming the incumbent Senators hadn't pulled out all the stops to ensure he remained president anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 ... 42  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies