GA-SEN 2020 Class III Megathread: She Who Loeffs Last
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 02:34:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  GA-SEN 2020 Class III Megathread: She Who Loeffs Last
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 ... 42
Poll
Question: Who will Brian Kemp appoint as Johnny Isakson’s successor?
Nathan Deal

Casey Cagle

Geoff Duncan

Brad Raffensperger

Chris Carr

Karen Handel

Rob Woodall

Doug Collins

Austin Scott

Drew Ferguson

Nick Ayers

Buddy Carter

Barry Loudermilk

Tom Price

Newt Gingrich

Jody Hice

Saxby Chambliss

Hunter Hill

Rick Allen

Brian Kemp

Tom Graves

Other

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 117

Author Topic: GA-SEN 2020 Class III Megathread: She Who Loeffs Last  (Read 80219 times)
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #675 on: July 09, 2020, 10:34:00 PM »

She might go down as the single worst candidate in recent history. Kemp is such an idiot for appointing her.

Roy Moore will claim that title for at least the next 20 years

Martha Coakley disagrees.

That's disingenuous, and I think you know it. If Martha Coakley was a credibly accused pedophile, she would have lost both her races by double digits. It really doesn't take much for a "moderate" Republican to win in a blue state--white liberals love them some RINOs. The Roy Moore saga was perhaps the one thing that could ever lead to a Democratic victory in Alabama.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #676 on: July 09, 2020, 10:43:49 PM »

She might go down as the single worst candidate in recent history. Kemp is such an idiot for appointing her.

That's disingenuous, and I think you know it. If Martha Coakley was a credibly accused pedophile, she would have lost both her races by double digits. It really doesn't take much for a "moderate" Republican to win in a blue state--white liberals love them some RINOs. The Roy Moore saga was perhaps the one thing that could ever lead to a Democratic victory in Alabama.

I can't comment on Massachusetts, but Larry Hogan certainly did very well for a Republican among black voters in Maryland, in the 2018 gubernatorial election, and against a black Democrat (Ben Jealous), no less. His approvals have been very high among both white and black voters alike.
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #677 on: July 09, 2020, 10:55:20 PM »
« Edited: July 09, 2020, 11:09:35 PM by TrendsareUsuallyReal »

I can't comment on Massachusetts, but Larry Hogan certainly did very well for a Republican among black voters in Maryland, in the 2018 gubernatorial election, and against a black Democrat (Ben Jealous), no less. His approvals have been very high among both white and black voters alike.

I was being facetious, but that's not my point. My point is that Roy Moore is probably the single worst candidate nominated by a major party for a high profile winnable race in recent memory (yes, this includes Todd Akin and Martha Coakley), and that even despite all of that, he still almost won in Alabama thanks to the R label.

I really don't see how this is debatable. If you take an Akin prototype and run him in AL-Sen in 2017, he wins. If Republican Martha Coakley runs in Alabama Senate 2017, she wins.

/end thread derail
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #678 on: July 09, 2020, 11:15:14 PM »

I was being facetious, but that's not my point. My point is that Roy Moore is probably the single worst candidate nominated by a major party for a high profile winnable race in recent memory (yes, this includes Todd Akin and Martha Coakley), and that even despite all of that, he still almost won in Alabama thanks to the R label.

I really don't see how this is debatable. If you take an Akin prototype and run him in AL-Sen in 2017, he wins. If Republican Martha Coakley runs in Alabama Senate 2017, she wins.

/end thread derail

I see what you are saying. I'll agree with you that Moore is the worst candidate nominated by either party in recent years. Without him, that Senate seat would still be in Republican hands. Being an accused pedophile is certainly much worse than Akin's "legitimate rape" comments and Coakley's weaknesses as a candidate.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #679 on: July 11, 2020, 10:05:12 AM »

Does anyone know Warnock’s stance on the filibuster?
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #680 on: July 11, 2020, 10:15:54 AM »

Is Loeffler trying to lose at this point? Her feud with the WNBA and Black Lives Matter is going to turn away any possible chance at *any* moderate Republicans voting for her.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #681 on: July 11, 2020, 12:54:59 PM »

Is Loeffler trying to lose at this point? Her feud with the WNBA and Black Lives Matter is going to turn away any possible chance at *any* moderate Republicans voting for her.
She's trying to win hicks and become a conservative martyr to get into the runoff.
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #682 on: July 11, 2020, 06:18:38 PM »

She's trying to win hicks and become a conservative martyr to get into the runoff.

That's probably her only viable strategy to beat Collins for a spot, too. Portray herself as the victimized conservative willing to "stand up" to the left.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #683 on: July 11, 2020, 06:56:55 PM »

Collins will win anyway

Loeffler goes back to business somewhere
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #684 on: July 13, 2020, 04:04:04 PM »

Here we have a woke suburban professional lady amongst her people in Cobb County.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #685 on: July 14, 2020, 06:57:49 PM »

It worked well for Kemp against Cagle.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #686 on: July 15, 2020, 08:54:49 AM »

For all the handwringing about Warnock, Collins is a pretty bad fundraiser. Warnock raised over 2X this amount. Needs to get his message out more. Not a lot of enthusiasm out there it seems for Collins OR Loeffler

wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #687 on: July 16, 2020, 05:14:20 AM »

omg, only $900K

Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #688 on: July 16, 2020, 01:10:45 PM »

Yeah, Warnock can take either one of them in a runoff. Even if Biden wins. 
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #689 on: July 16, 2020, 01:15:24 PM »

Yeah, Warnock can take either one of them in a runoff. Even if Biden wins. 

I really hope you're right, but I think Collins probably wins the runoff.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #690 on: July 16, 2020, 01:18:43 PM »

Collins wins it all, but GAGOP has no good candidates to run for these positions.

Karen Handel is a ultimate white Karen, Austin Scott would have done well.
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #691 on: July 30, 2020, 10:15:16 AM »

wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #692 on: July 30, 2020, 10:15:33 AM »

It's about time!
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #693 on: July 30, 2020, 07:15:16 PM »

I haven’t been following this race and have only ever seen people online talk about Warnock as the Democratic candidate. If he’s so popular, why isn’t he beating this Lieberman guy? If this Lieberman guy is so much closer to making the runoff than Warnock, why isn’t the party coalescing around him?
Oryxslayer
Atlas Icon

« Reply #694 on: July 30, 2020, 08:03:21 PM »

I haven’t been following this race and have only ever seen people online talk about Warnock as the Democratic candidate. If he’s so popular, why isn’t he beating this Lieberman guy? If this Lieberman guy is so much closer to making the runoff than Warnock, why isn’t the party coalescing around him?

Probably because Warnock is only now dipping into his cash, whereas Leib has alreadybeen on the air for a while.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #695 on: July 31, 2020, 05:46:16 AM »

Warnock got some great coverage from the service yesterday. He should be launching those ads now to build on the momentum of people actually seeing and hearing from him.
Storr
Junior Chimp
Moldova, Republic of

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #696 on: July 31, 2020, 11:49:44 AM »

I wish Lieberman would drop out. The worst possible outcome would be an all Republican runoff.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #697 on: July 31, 2020, 12:18:12 PM »

I wish Lieberman would drop out. The worst possible outcome would be an all Republican runoff.

One could just as easily say the same thing about Warnock.
Lognog
United States

« Reply #698 on: July 31, 2020, 12:18:27 PM »

Considering Liberman is running ahead of everyone else, they should drop out
GeorgiaModerate
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #699 on: August 01, 2020, 12:24:14 PM »

U.S. Sen. Kelly Loeffler granted an interview to a TV pundit associated with white supremacy and Nazism.

The interview aired on One America News Network on Thursday and Loeffler promoted it heavily on her Facebook and Twitter accounts Friday, tagging the controversial host.

“I joined @JackPosobiec on @OANN to discuss why I had to call out the BLM political organization — and why the woke mob is trying to cancel me,” she wrote in one tweet. “WATCH the full interview here.”

https://www.ajc.com/politics/politics-blog/kelly-loeffler-takes-blm-criticism-to-host-with-white-supremacist-ties/YFGCMWR3DJD3RCLGFSAK3BXVGE/
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 ... 42  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies