GA-SEN 2020 Class III Megathread: She Who Loeffs Last
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:07:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  GA-SEN 2020 Class III Megathread: She Who Loeffs Last
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 ... 42
Poll
Question: Who will Brian Kemp appoint as Johnny Isakson’s successor?
Nathan Deal

Casey Cagle

Geoff Duncan

Brad Raffensperger

Chris Carr

Karen Handel

Rob Woodall

Doug Collins

Austin Scott

Drew Ferguson

Nick Ayers

Buddy Carter

Barry Loudermilk

Tom Price

Newt Gingrich

Jody Hice

Saxby Chambliss

Hunter Hill

Rick Allen

Brian Kemp

Tom Graves

Other

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 117

Author Topic: GA-SEN 2020 Class III Megathread: She Who Loeffs Last  (Read 80033 times)
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #650 on: June 12, 2020, 02:14:52 AM »

She very possibly has the worst political skills of anyone currently holding a major public office.

This is what happens when an inept gov picks someone with zero politicial skills and competence only based on what qualification exactly?

I doubt this seat flips, especially with the Dem jungle primary vote equally split between 2 candidates, there may be a Collins vs. Loeffler runoff. Anyway, I would rate this one as Lean Collins.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #651 on: June 12, 2020, 02:23:46 AM »

She very possibly has the worst political skills of anyone currently holding a major public office.

This is what happens when an inept gov picks someone with zero politicial skills and competence only based on what qualification exactly?

I doubt this seat flips, especially with the Dem jungle primary vote equally split between 2 candidates, there may be a Collins vs. Loeffler runoff. Anyway, I would rate this one as Lean Collins.

The jungle primary vote won't be equally split; the polls are garbage because nobody outside of high-info black ATL Ds, state politicos and his churchgoers have known who Warnock is until recently. Lieberman is going to get like 3% max - though the other 7-8 Democrats on the ballot combined will siphon enough (probably another 1-2% total) in conjunction with him to deprive Warnock of a majority even if Democrats manage a combined majority, triggering a runoff and a likely Collins performance that improves the total R vote-share enough in January to clear a majority (50.5-53%) without much concern.  
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #652 on: June 12, 2020, 08:25:08 AM »

OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #653 on: June 15, 2020, 10:58:41 AM »

Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

P P P

« Reply #654 on: June 15, 2020, 01:35:44 PM »

Lets Go Warnock!
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #655 on: June 15, 2020, 02:39:47 PM »

Hopefully Taver doesn't have a big ego and drops out.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #656 on: June 15, 2020, 04:35:58 PM »

And Lieberman. If he remains in past August, he is ego-driven and self-serving.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #657 on: June 15, 2020, 04:51:26 PM »

If he's polling ahead of Warnock while remaining in, I think there's a fairly strong case for arguing he has a stronger campaign.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #658 on: June 15, 2020, 06:22:51 PM »

It all depends should he be leading in the polls, I don't want Warnock, should he be third/fourth, he should drop out.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #659 on: June 15, 2020, 07:02:08 PM »

If he's polling ahead of Warnock while remaining in, I think there's a fairly strong case for arguing he has a stronger campaign.
Warnock has more money and will be a more formidable candidate one-on-one with Collins. Polls when nobody has been campaigning other than Kelly Loeffler's tragic ads means very little to me.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #660 on: June 15, 2020, 07:13:25 PM »

That's why it irks the hell out of me when "pols" on Twitter like Niles say people like Warnock were bad picks because their fundraising has been lower and they're less visible. Fam, there's been a pandemic the last 3 months, and that's right after he announced. How the hell was he was supposed to be visible?
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #661 on: June 15, 2020, 07:15:07 PM »

That's why it irks the hell out of me when "pols" on Twitter like Niles say people like Warnock were bad picks because their fundraising has been lower and they're less visible. Fam, there's been a pandemic the last 3 months, and that's right after he announced. How the hell was he was supposed to be visible?
This and honestly he needs to be stockpiling cash for the general. He would have just confused voters in the Perdue primary. Ossoff is subtly with Warnock (not an outright endorsement, but retweeted a tweet about them both winning in Nov). Lieberman is a nobody in GA and white. He's not going to the second round against Collins. Period.
TiltsAreUnderrated
Junior Chimp

« Reply #662 on: June 15, 2020, 07:20:59 PM »

I don't doubt that Lieberman's lead over Warnock could easily collapse - all I'm saying is that if it doesn't as the weeks draw on, his case for staying in the race remains strong.
EastAnglianLefty

« Reply #663 on: June 16, 2020, 02:54:33 AM »

Also, Tarver could be persuaded to drop out in return for a future statewide run, whereas that's much less likely to be offered to Lieberman, so he's got less reason to back down.
Pollster
YaBB God

« Reply #664 on: June 16, 2020, 12:49:51 PM »

Warnock is fundraising aggressively and his campaign just launched a hiring blitz. He’ll be the clear polling leader very soon.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #665 on: July 02, 2020, 09:05:14 AM »

wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #666 on: July 02, 2020, 09:24:19 AM »

For how he's been criticized, this is actually a great haul.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.50

« Reply #667 on: July 07, 2020, 04:03:45 PM »

Bunch of WNBA players and their union want Loeffler out as co-owner of the Dream
The Ex-Factor
xfactor99
Viet Nam

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -6.43

« Reply #668 on: July 09, 2020, 10:36:11 AM »

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/506552-loeffler-doubles-down-against-blm-calls-movement-anti-semitic-amid-continued

Sen. Kelly Loeffler (R-Ga.) doubled down on her stance against Black Lives Matter on Wednesday night, saying that the movement — which was re-galvanized nationwide following the Minneapolis police killing of George Floyd at the end of May — is antithetical to American principles.

"[Black Lives Matter] is a very divisive organization based on marxist principles," Loeffler, who faces a tough special election battle in November, told Fox News' Laura Ingraham. "This is an organization that seeks to destroy the American principles and I had to draw the line."

Loeffler also called BLM "anti-Semitic" and claimed that the group is against the "nuclear family."
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #669 on: July 09, 2020, 10:51:08 AM »

Loeffler is going to keep going hard to the right on culture wars to get the support of the GOP base in Georgia. I do not think this will work as long as Doug Collins keeps up. I would imagine Doug Collins has more credibility with the base. I wish I was represented by better people.

As for her criticisms, BLM actually does have a section in their "about" page that is against the nuclear family. They should remove that because it has nothing to do with police brutality.

"We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable."

How is it anti-Semitic though? And while some of the founders might have some marxist ideology, I don't see it anywhere on their website.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #670 on: July 09, 2020, 10:53:19 AM »

Loeffler is going to keep going hard to the right on culture wars to get the support of the GOP base in Georgia. I do not think this will work as long as Doug Collins keeps up. I would imagine Doug Collins has more credibility with the base. I wish I was represented by better people.

As for her criticisms, BLM actually does have a section in their "about" page that is against the nuclear family. They should remove that because it has nothing to do with police brutality.

"We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable."

How is it anti-Semitic though? And while some of the founders might have some marxist ideology, I don't see it anywhere on their website.

She's throwing that in to keep whatever is left of the Dunwoody/sandy springs GOP type in her corner.
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix

« Reply #671 on: July 09, 2020, 03:33:24 PM »

She might go down as the single worst candidate in recent history. Kemp is such an idiot for appointing her.
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #672 on: July 09, 2020, 03:39:27 PM »

She might go down as the single worst candidate in recent history. Kemp is such an idiot for appointing her.

Roy Moore will claim that title for at least the next 20 years
QAnonKelly
dotard

Political Matrix

« Reply #673 on: July 09, 2020, 04:07:58 PM »

Lol you’re right, I should have appointment.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #674 on: July 09, 2020, 05:18:43 PM »

Martha Coakley disagrees.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 ... 42  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies