New Liberal Party Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:46:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  New Liberal Party Thread
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: New Liberal Party Thread  (Read 2360 times)
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 16, 2019, 03:14:54 PM »

I hereby ask unanimous consent of the Liberal Party to suspend party bylaws and assume the chairmanship. 24 hours for objections.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2019, 03:48:22 PM »

24 hours for objections? The courts already ruled you can take over inmediately Tongue
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2019, 05:03:48 PM »

24 hours for objections? The courts already ruled you can take over inmediately Tongue
Just giving everyone a chance.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2019, 06:02:05 PM »

Thinking of this, I'm probably the last liberal party member who is at least semi-active today.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2019, 06:44:42 PM »

Thinking of this, I'm probably the last liberal party member who is at least semi-active today.

https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Liberal_Party

That moment when you member that both members of both tickets in June 2014 are on this list. Tongue
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2019, 07:53:57 PM »

Maybe ask smolchanov as courtesy if he doesn't mind since he has kept the partu alive for so long.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2019, 09:54:48 PM »

Well I've given more time than intended and have had no opposition, so I hereby declare myself chair of the party.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2019, 10:01:16 PM »

I hereby ask consent to adopt the following as the party logo:

(There's a better version btw I just can't get it rn)

Adopt #00a8f3 as the official party color.

Adopt "Libertas Omnium" as the party motto.

I also officially open discussions on forming a new platform and new bylaws.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2019, 10:20:43 PM »

Hi.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2019, 10:54:07 PM »

Hi.

Its especially cringe worthy considering you were far more high profile as a Liberal Party member having been originally recruited as a JCPer and served as Governor/Senator, while Windjammer at least for my part I didn't even really notice him until early 2014 when he started his meteoric rise and he was by that point already in labor.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2019, 11:00:17 PM »

Neo-Liberals!
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2019, 11:11:31 PM »

Hi.

Its especially cringe worthy considering you were far more high profile as a Liberal Party member having been originally recruited as a JCPer and served as Governor/Senator, while Windjammer at least for my part I didn't even really notice him until early 2014 when he started his meteoric rise and he was by that point already in labor.

Indeed.  I helped found the party Tongue (along with oakvale and Nappy/Hamilton) and as a party we did pretty well across the board thanks to mutual second preferences from Labor and the Feds.  Then I recall Nix stepping down from the party, contending that we were "too powerful" (not his exact words, but it was essentially the reason he left for TPP) and had run its course.  Then Labor pretty much consolidated the left the way it is again now.

You would remember the details better than I, of course.

Alas, the original party thread appears to have been deleted and is therefore lost to history.
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2019, 11:13:07 PM »

Hi.

Indeed.  I helped found the party Tongue (along with oakvale and Nappy/Hamilton) and as a party we did pretty well across the board thanks to mutual second preferences from Labor and the Feds.  Then I recall Nix stepping down from the party, contending that we were "too powerful" (not his exact words, but it was essentially the reason he left for TPP) and had run its course.  Then Labor pretty much consolidated the left the way it is again now.

Alas, the original party thread appears to have been deleted and is therefore lost to history.
Indeed I wanted to use the old thread but it is gone.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2019, 11:14:03 PM »

Ah, this logo brings back so many memories...
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2019, 11:25:23 PM »

Hi.

Nix's WH thread is also gone, including the hilarious joke I made in reference to the chart he had which had you voting only 50% with administration (the lowest in the Senate), while your successor bore was 100%. I think it was implying that he gave you a pair of concrete shoes or something. This was when you were in the Light Party as I recall in July 2013.

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2019, 11:51:35 PM »

Indeed.  I helped found the party Tongue (along with oakvale and Nappy/Hamilton) and as a party we did pretty well across the board thanks to mutual second preferences from Labor and the Feds.  Then I recall Nix stepping down from the party, contending that we were "too powerful" (not his exact words, but it was essentially the reason he left for TPP) and had run its course.  Then Labor pretty much consolidated the left the way it is again now.

It irritated Oakvale (as a former JCPer and early Liberal) in 2015 every time I mentioned it, but Duke at least to me gave me the impression that his desire with the TPP was to create what amounted to in his view the best aspects of the Regional Protection Party hence the similar abbreviations (RPP and TPP). What this amounted to was essentially Duke and the "Rino Preserve" as I had affectionately called it (Fezzyfestoon, AndrewCT, Franzl, Afleitch, Benconstine etc) all of whom had been RPPers. And he really, really wanted me to join it and I declined him. They even had a rather active thread on the RPP private forum, which remained active for at least a year past dissolution of the RPP, hence its presence.

The Whig-IB merger ended any hope of the TPP grabbing a chunk of the conservatives and instead it ended up grabbing people like Oakvale, Nix and others. They wouldn't have known about the RPP connection because they didn't have RPP forum access. Marokai's close connection to Duke and his presence on the RPP forum gave the TPP an in with Labor and helped to draw them closer to them as they moved towards dissolution in early 2013. The Labor Party's connection to the Midwest anti-JCP loon movement and the presence of such anti-JCPers both in and out of Labor, TPPers and anti-Liberal Feds on #Atlasforum is what created the very social network that the radicals would draw their base from. This is how Oakvale even while moving to the right politically IRL, went from being a standard JCP/Liberal center-lefty to being a TPP Labor aligned (until mid 2014 anyway) radical. Oakvale was one of the only TPPers who joined the Feds, ironically since he had never been RPPer unlike 75% of the rest of the party who had been, most likely that was Hagrid's efforts.

Hagrid was made famous for his opposition to Adam, but if anything he was as much if not more anti-Napoleon. The Fed forum was created because he feared rising Napoleonic influence in the Feds and wanted me to get Brandonh to create a similar forum to the RPP's to sift through and determine who was and who was not allied to him. Only four people (myself, PiT, Zuwo and Hagrid) had access initially. This restricted access (slowly expanded) would contribute directly to Duke's problems as President (he wasn't allowed on until early 2014) with the right and the various problems that weakened the party in late 2013 and early 2014.
Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR)
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2019, 05:02:28 AM »

The L needs to be a little clearer IMO.
I reckon with the the right contrast you've got a clear logo.
So a very rough MS Paint example [do it properly if you think it's okay]:
.....................OR.......................
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2019, 05:03:26 AM »

The L needs to be a little clearer IMO.
I reckon with the the right contrast you've got a clear logo.
So a very rough MS Paint example [do it properly if you think it's okay]:
.....................OR.......................

Don't ruin a nice modern logo with ugly black lines. Just move the L a bit to the left to make it clearer.
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2019, 05:47:50 AM »

Don't ruin a nice modern logo with ugly black lines. Just move the L a bit to the left to make it clearer.

Dude don't panic. It was an example of how to make it more obvious. It's a 30 second mock up in MS Paint by someone not in the party.

Again this quick mock up in MS Paint. If you like the feel. Make it up properly.
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2019, 06:17:54 AM »

I hereby ask consent to adopt the following as the party logo:

Anyway I would rather not consent to this logo. It's really quite simplistic and ugly, and I do feel a far better logo could be formulated to better represent the party.
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2019, 06:46:10 AM »

Quote from: AustralianSwingVoter about the logo
...a nice modern logo...
And then...
Quote from: AustralianSwingVoter about the same logo
...quite simplistic and ugly...

So it's a nice modern, simplistic and ugly logo?
AustralianSwingVoter
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Australia

« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2019, 07:07:59 AM »

Quote from: AustralianSwingVoter about the logo
...a nice modern logo...
And then...
Quote from: AustralianSwingVoter about the same logo
...quite simplistic and ugly...

So it's a nice, modern, simplistic and ugly logo?

Indeed it is, indeed it is.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2019, 03:54:30 PM »

I don't think there is a Chairperson now. Considering there are few people I nominate myself for Chair until someone is interested in the job. I don't know if there is a bylaw, but 72 hours to object.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2019, 06:21:36 PM »

There was no objection. I am the acting Chair for now.

I am running for federal House and that will hopefully gves visibility to the party.

I wish that the party doesn't become a satellite of another political party. I don't want us to revolve around another party. We are our own planet.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2019, 04:05:51 PM »

I wish that the party doesn't become a satellite of another political party. I don't want us to revolve around another party. We are our own planet.

After writing We are our own planet, I realised it could be used as a slogan. We will have billboard ads across the country with this design.

"We are our own planet" is to remind citizens that the Liberal party is a real alternative choice, it is not a satellite party of another party. We can chart our own course. The planet is Earth, home of Atlasia. The blue colour is for the party colour. Yes, we also have aliens. Some have said that political duopoly is the result of some sort of inevitable natural order. They probably see those who disagree with that viewpoint as oddity, out of this world, who don't understand natural order. Aliens represent that, outsiders, people still not wanting to fold in the duopoly.

The alien on the left is a friendly alien (it's smiling) and is welcoming people to the party, and his hand pointing to our planet.

The goal of this ad is to give visibility to the party, catch people's attention and interest and maybe help grow the party.
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies