Opinion of Undecided voters 2020 right now
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:10:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Opinion of Undecided voters 2020 right now
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Opinion of undecided voters in 2020?
Freedom Voters

Horrible Voters

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 50

Author Topic: Opinion of Undecided voters 2020 right now  (Read 1741 times)
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2019, 02:41:12 PM »

Terrible people.

Basically, undecided voters are mostly people who have seen what Trump is, yet they can't bring themselves to support a democrat and in the end they will probably vote Trump anyway, abstain or vote third party.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2019, 02:48:00 PM »

Not high, tbh, given how blatantly obvious it is what a disaster Trump is for our country and world.  Of course, if I were running for office, I would pretend to respect them, but I’m not running for office. Hopefully the Democratic candidate will say the right things to please them.  So much hinges on undecided voters, but I can get away with posting the truth here.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2019, 04:10:22 PM »

They should get their sh**t sorted out.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2019, 06:47:13 PM »

Always horrible people. In fact, they are the most horrible people. For this election in particular, they're worse than Trump's base because they enable Trump and helped normalize him. At least 90% of the country is going to vote for one party or the other no matter what, there's no changing that, with each party guaranteed at least 45% of the voting population at a minimum in these times. But the 10% of undecided voters having the potential to be just as easily manipulated by Trump as his base is, reflects much worse on them. There is no reason why anyone who hasn't been assimilated into the Fox News-right wing bubble hive-mind should ever consider voting for Trump, yet some of them did and will do again. They're the ones who swing the elections, and they're as much the culprits for our current political climate as the ideologues are.

Normal human beings do not typically spend much of their time worrying about elections that are 16 months away

This is undeniably true though. As important as I think politics is, and that everyone should pay attention, it is truly anxiety-inducing and I wish I didn't care so much. So perhaps some of my umbrage towards undecided voters is out of envy of being so much more carefree.

But what do Democrats have to offer those swing voters, especially white swing voters? That they are a Nazi for being complicit or a Good German?

Plenty. Democrats actually want to address policy issues and inequalities in society: education, environmental issues, health care, wages-you name it. This especially exists in contrast to Republicans. Seriously, what do they offer outside of fear-mongering? And even if swing voters don't care about any of that, general competence and a willingness to live in reality really ought to be appealing enough especially in contrast with the current administration. Many voters will fail to recognize those things though because the GOP will manipulate them into mentalities that appeal to a sense of self-interest and creating false-equivalencies with the Democrats. The narratives that they set, even if mainstream, aren't necessarily rational, I'm sorry. You gave a perfect example by assuming that white people need to be directly catered to as a demographic by Democrats, as if general policy proposals that would in reality benefit all or most of society doesn't apply to them.

For entertaining those sorts of thoughts or entertaining the idea of voting for the GOP, third parties, or not voting at all, I stand by characterizing them as general horrible people. I don't care how callous it sounds, I can't help but be cynical these days. Even if the kind of voters we are discussing here do eventually vote Democratic, as some will surely do, they're still horrible for taking so long to recognize the differences between the parties and reaching that decision.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies