Opinion of Undecided voters 2020 right now
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:13:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Opinion of Undecided voters 2020 right now
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Opinion of undecided voters in 2020?
Freedom Voters

Horrible Voters

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 50

Author Topic: Opinion of Undecided voters 2020 right now  (Read 1740 times)
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 14, 2019, 03:07:35 PM »

Obama-Trump voters, Clinton-Romney voters who may lean Trump right now because of the economy but don't like his behavior, but could vote for him in 2020, what do you think of them right now?

"I'm not political"

"I don't know what Fox News or MSNBC is, I'm not interested"

"You know, I'm not really a political person, I didn't study social studies or history that much, I see Trump on TV, I don't like him personally, but the economy is steady; I really don't care about this stuff, can I watch Kershaw and the Dodgers tonight please"?

They don't watch politics. They voted last year in the midterms but they're not interested.

What do you think of them right now?

PS: Undecided voters are different than swing voters. Swing voters, can be ideological, but hate the left/right extremes.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2019, 03:08:55 PM »

I hate to quote Family Guy, but "undecided voters are the biggest idiots on the planet".
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2019, 03:10:56 PM »

I hate to quote Family Guy, but "undecided voters are the biggest idiots on the planet".

Why?

Not every American is political or tunes in.

Some Americans are tired right now.

That's why Fenway Park and Dodger Stadium is packed night after night, people don't want to hear politics.

What do you say?
Hammy
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2019, 03:38:51 PM »

A lot of people are undecided in the sense of not yet figuring out if this country is redeemable and worth saving.
James Monroe

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2019, 04:23:54 PM »

Voters who are just apathetic and have little energy in saving the country from fascism.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2019, 05:26:51 PM »

You don't have to be uber polarized to be a reasonable person. I can see some folks going, "We have peace and prosperity, but on the other hand Trump is kind of a jackass" and so being undecided.
Ilhan Apologist
Glowfish

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2019, 05:28:52 PM »

You don't have to be uber polarized to be a reasonable person. I can see some folks going, "We have peace and prosperity, but on the other hand Trump is kind of a jackass" and so being undecided.

I mean, we don't though
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2019, 05:32:59 PM »

I cannot see how Democrats will beat Trump if Democratic partisans have contempt for undecided voters. 
parochial boy
parochial_boy
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.38, S: -6.78

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2019, 05:33:42 PM »

Normal human beings do not typically spend much of their time worrying about elections that are 16 months away
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2019, 05:33:50 PM »
« Edited: July 15, 2019, 03:52:44 AM by Smiling John »

Voters who are just apathetic and have little energy in saving the country from fascism.

Yes, unlike us valiant soldiers on the front lines of the internet, fighting the good fight.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2019, 06:36:49 PM »

This is typical of all independents, they look for change, then when its time to vote; they are concerned about deficit
Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2019, 07:23:58 PM »

Mostly irredeemable low-IQ dopes like Ken Bone.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2019, 07:31:05 PM »

Always horrible people. In fact, they are the most horrible people. For this election in particular, they're worse than Trump's base because they enable Trump and helped normalize him. At least 90% of the country is going to vote for one party or the other no matter what, there's no changing that, with each party guaranteed at least 45% of the voting population at a minimum in these times. But the 10% of undecided voters having the potential to be just as easily manipulated by Trump as his base is, reflects much worse on them. There is no reason why anyone who hasn't been assimilated into the Fox News-right wing bubble hive-mind should ever consider voting for Trump, yet some of them did and will do again. They're the ones who swing the elections, and they're as much the culprits for our current political climate as the ideologues are.

Normal human beings do not typically spend much of their time worrying about elections that are 16 months away

This is undeniably true though. As important as I think politics is, and that everyone should pay attention, it is truly anxiety-inducing and I wish I didn't care so much. So perhaps some of my umbrage towards undecided voters is out of envy of being so much more carefree.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2019, 07:40:33 PM »

Pelosi Dems are leaving town without raising debt Ceiling. This isnt gonna look good on the part of independents, whom are concerned about Entitlement spending
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2019, 07:57:11 PM »

I am undecided in that I do not know if I will vote for the Dem or vote 3rd party/leave it blank. Depends on who the nominee is. Definitely not voting for Trump.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2019, 08:25:25 PM »

Always horrible people. In fact, they are the most horrible people. For this election in particular, they're worse than Trump's base because they enable Trump and helped normalize him. At least 90% of the country is going to vote for one party or the other no matter what, there's no changing that, with each party guaranteed at least 45% of the voting population at a minimum in these times. But the 10% of undecided voters having the potential to be just as easily manipulated by Trump as his base is, reflects much worse on them. There is no reason why anyone who hasn't been assimilated into the Fox News-right wing bubble hive-mind should ever consider voting for Trump, yet some of them did and will do again. They're the ones who swing the elections, and they're as much the culprits for our current political climate as the ideologues are.

This is undeniably true though. As important as I think politics is, and that everyone should pay attention, it is truly anxiety-inducing and I wish I didn't care so much. So perhaps some of my umbrage towards undecided voters is out of envy of being so much more carefree.

But what do Democrats have to offer those swing voters, especially white swing voters? That they are a Nazi for being complicit or a Good German?
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2019, 09:20:53 PM »

Freedom voters, hope they end up coming to the light and voting McAfee 2020
HillGoose
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.74, S: -8.96

« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2019, 09:23:34 PM »

I mean, we don't though

Idk what it's like where you live but things are booming where I am, being young and starting out in life right now absolutely slaps brah.

It could be booming more if Jeb! was President tho.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2019, 10:03:27 PM »

The only undecided voters I’m worried about are those who have been so screwed by the political process that they are undecided about even voting.

If you’re considering Trump you’re irredeemable. And no my comment on this forum is not why Democrats always lose. Wink
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2019, 10:09:00 PM »

I just hope that they come to their senses in 2020, recognize Trump for the disaster that he is, and vote against him.

OK, OK. Unless the electorate is split about evenly (let us say 47-46-7), undecided voters tend to swing ineffectively toward the eventual loser. Thus if you see the final polls

Minnesota 54-40-6
Ohio 47-47-6
South Dakota 40-54

(Democrat mentioned first),

then I might expect  Trump to lose Minnesota about 55-45 and win South Dakota about 55-45 with Ohio as a wildcard. In Minnesota the undecided are probably on the Right, and in South Dakota the undecided are probably on the Left.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2019, 11:16:31 PM »

Most voters want both parties to work together, that's why we have divided givt. It wasnt smart for Trump to pass the tax cuts without helping the poor in lifting cap on SSA. Medicare for all isnt gonna pass, the public option, was voted down by the Lieberman wing of the Democratic party. Trump is where Dubya was during his reelection years. The election is a tossup
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2019, 01:47:03 AM »

https://youtu.be/KAG37Kw1-aw
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2019, 08:57:27 AM »

Most voters want both parties to work together, that's why we have divided givt. It wasnt smart for Trump to pass the tax cuts without helping the poor in lifting cap on SSA. Medicare for all isnt gonna pass, the public option, was voted down by the Lieberman wing of the Democratic party. Trump is where Dubya was during his reelection years. The election is a tossup

Meaning?  Dubya exceeded expectations at the polls somewhat, winning  the NPV narrowly but convincingly, winning all but one close senate races, modestly gaining in the house, and winning an extra "state" in the EV. He then went on to govern very conservatively and was lame ducked by the 2006 election and was replaced with a very liberal government.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2019, 01:51:25 PM »

I personally find it hard to understand how anyone is undecided in an election like this, but I guess some people just don't gaf about politics. I don't have a negative opinion of someone who is undecided. As long as they show up and vote, they can be undecided for now.
cinyc
Atlas Icon

« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2019, 02:38:52 PM »

Freedom voters.

Most undecided voters probably live a much better life than decided voters who are so obsessed by politics that they post on obscure political forums. Not everyone obsesses about politics. And that’s okay.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies