Puerto Rico embroiled in political crisis, officials incl. CFO and SOS resign
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 11:22:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Puerto Rico embroiled in political crisis, officials incl. CFO and SOS resign
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Puerto Rico embroiled in political crisis, officials incl. CFO and SOS resign  (Read 230 times)
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 14, 2019, 12:13:19 PM »

https://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/puerto-rican-chief-financial-officer-resigns-chat-scandal-64318436

Governor Rossello is also resisting calls to fall on his sword.

Essentially, all the top elected and appointed officials were part of a Telegram chat which has been leaked in its interity, which includes (among other things) the Gov calling the NYC Speaker Melissa Mark-Viverito (and ally of probable 2020 PDP gubernatorial nominee Mayor Carmen Yulin Cruz) "puta" (whore), numerous insults aimed at poor people and gays (including singer Ricky Martin), attempts to obsufucate death stats during the hurricane and contained evidence of sleazy behaviour all round (the whole thing is 900 pages long and covers everything from them bitching about mainland officals to how he politically punished the University of PR by moving the showing of Hamilton to a different venue). This caps off a disastrous week for the PR gov, which also saw the arrest of top Health Insurance and Education officials on federal charges of money laundering, embezzlement, conspiracy and wire fraud.
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2019, 12:36:21 PM »

The current governor always seemed like a dirtbag politician. I'm not to familiar with the Mayor of San Juan besides her hurricane response and advocacy for Puerto Ricans suffering the storm and telling the truth about the death count. She seems like a better and more honest person but I don't really follow P.R. politics.
Dr. Arch
Arch
Atlas Icon
Puerto Rico

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2019, 12:56:34 PM »

Not to mention that almost all of the top cabinet members have already been forced to resign. It's a total disaster. My parents have been keeping me in the loop.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies