Re: Office of PSOL—Beginning of the Institute of Atlasian Progression (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:12:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Re: Office of PSOL—Beginning of the Institute of Atlasian Progression (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Re: Office of PSOL—Beginning of the Institute of Atlasian Progression  (Read 16843 times)
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« on: February 05, 2020, 04:08:48 PM »

I may try my luck and run for house. In doing so, I’m opening up my office on any thoughts, comments, questions, and endorsements from this decision.
I would have endorsed you.
Next time!
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2020, 01:07:14 PM »

Let's get real-people voted for West_Midlander because he was the Labor/Peace candidate and MB and I asked them to. So yeah, it is a violation of the trust voters placed in him. Whether it is a 'stain on democracy' is semantics, you can quibble with language but I do think it is distasteful and wrong for office-holders to switch parties. I think he should now follow the Vern precedent and resign, and hopefully the South has special gubernatorial elections so the voters can decide for themselves whether they want a Federalist or Labor Governor.
Are you still pretending you have influence over voters?
Let's be honest fhtagn. Westmidlander was elected governor because Pericles and MB campaigned for him.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2020, 04:36:19 AM »

The people of the south chose a labor governor for 4 months. WM is betraying the South by not resigning and calling for a soecial election.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2020, 10:44:01 AM »

WM is betraying the South by not resigning and calling for a soecial election.

No that is what he would be doing by resigning absent a compelling impediment to performing his duties.

He is betraying Pericles and MB, and that is what it comes down to these days. This is no longer Atlasia, this is the Godfather and we all no what happens if you betray the Don. This standard never existed before. Never. It wasn't applied from Winston Disraeli to Adam/Canis. But because Vern decided to go one route, everyone else is a horrible person for taking a different interpretation of their duty and their oath relative to their party?

To be honest windjammer, we have gone too far down the road of your's, Adams and since 2018 Leinad's vision of partisanship uber alles. Yes too much centrism has harmed this game, but at the same time lopsided partisanship has as well. The progenitor of this thread has openly called for the right's elimination from the game on discord, how is that not the same as one big centrist party dominating everything? But then again, you guys never have been good at seeing anyone else's perspective.

Yankee,
How can you not prefer this era of hyperpolarization than what Atlasia used to be. Remember TPP, this garbage big tent party that was going to destroy this game: so many crual personal attacks made against many players led by a psychopath. We were among the first victims and targets of these degenerates and I'm glad this era of "not partisanship" is gone.

I prefer much more this period where actually, people from fghtagn to MB and PSOL actually stand for something.

Yes, I think what WestMildlander did is extremely bad. He betrayed his friends because some guys were Nice to him on discord. I have done many dirty things but I have always been loyal. When Labor helps you to get elected to an important office like Southern Governor it is expected from you to be loyal to the party and I don't see that as controversial.

But anyway, personally I have always known that WestMildlander was going to betray us. Heavy influencable, history of backstabbing, a tendancy of changing his political views all the time to look edgy, that was going to happen.

But I understand why MB is being more pissed about this because WM was his friend and he invested a lot in helping him be elected to then see this same friend doing everything he can to destroy him politically without any guilt.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2020, 02:04:07 PM »

Now that I have more background on why WM left, I can safely say that I do understand why he did what he did. Labor does have a more centralized identity based on the loyalty and work of several powerbrokers who don’t like disloyalty or even unpredictable styles of play. I can say from experience that the Labor bureaucracy and I have gone toe-to-toe at numerous occasions. I was censured initially after leaving the government in Lincoln after the EstablishmentTM would let a member of the Federalists into laborcord then the new admitted labor member SNJC. So too was resistance present in letting in bp1202, or when I was denied a house seat over the question of my loyalty by the party heads. The party is at times unfair and slow, but the pendulum swings toward justice. I got SNJC and bp1202 eventually in, I came back stronger then ever by becoming an ideologue in my time in the Fremont parliament, where I could do mostly whatever due to the party needing politicians. I even am apart of the councils of the new president, the same who along with YE denied me a house seat, and am expected to be elected to the house in April no matter what.

Let’s compare this record to what happens in the Right. Lakigigar was screwed over numerous times by the Feds even though he was an opposition candidate and a Fed member. Bagel23’s Faustian pact with the Feds was not enough to guarantee him a house seat. On the right; there are goldbugs, racists, and tried criminals in office or members. This is not a stable, trustworthy party worth your time or allegiance to my guy. Labor has its problems, but the solution is to point it out and work to fix them, as I have done and arguably have won in the long run. It is not to go to the right where you frankly don’t belong. Come home West Midlander, I and everyone else will forgive you and treat you no different the sooner you come home. You don’t even need to go back to being in labor, an Indy registration would be enough. You have so much power at your disposal in the South, it’s time to make the right decision.
The establishment has never done anything against him. This is non sense
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2020, 01:40:36 AM »

PSOL, be back soon!
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2020, 11:09:08 AM »

Seriously, it's really different. PSOL isn't an elected officeholder.

windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2020, 11:14:38 AM »

I assume it's a satirical remark but I don't appreciate the word, "liar," being thrown around.

I was a moderate Laborite and I am a member of the moderate wing of the Federalists.

You literally bragged about how Griffin wasn't leftwing enough on economic issues lol.

windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2020, 01:03:46 PM »

I assume it's a satirical remark but I don't appreciate the word, "liar," being thrown around.

I was a moderate Laborite and I am a member of the moderate wing of the Federalists.

You literally bragged about how Griffin wasn't leftwing enough on economic issues lol.

"Bragged" is a wild mischaracterization. I asked why he didn't include LGBT rights in his platform and he explained why.

I endorsed him. What would I have been bragging about? To who? Saying he "wasn't leftwing enough" (your words) for what aim? What a ludicrous sling.

You had a much more leftwinger persona before I don't understand why you simply don't recognize it?
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2020, 01:51:49 AM »

Endorsed!

"labor aristocratic party"
I appreciate the choice of "aristocratic" instead of "elitist" because the second sounds too much like far-right lingo.

I might have gone with "oligarchical" myself, but "aristocratic" works too.
No need to remind you that you owe all your atlasian career to me and to Truman. I guess you were fine with this "oligarchic" party then.

windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2020, 09:08:17 AM »

Endorsed!

I appreciate the choice of "aristocratic" instead of "elitist" because the second sounds too much like far-right lingo.

No need to remind you that you owe all your atlasian career to me and to Truman. I guess you were fine with this "oligarchic" party then

Uhm. This shows a lack of respect towards other members. What HenryWallaceVP accomplished, is something he did by himself. Everyone has his own choice and opinion. It's not that hard to understand. You prove that Labor is all about taking positions, offering them to people and make them obey the party leadership. Pretty much a textbook case of a dictatorial one party state [biwhere everrything you accomplished is by obeying party leadership. You alwayd owe the dictator something. If you fail to obey you'll be put in a prison camp[/b]. I say no to such a society.
He didn't do it by himself. Everything he got, Labor helped him to get it and if he has any sense of integrity he would recognize it.

windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2020, 10:32:58 AM »

Endorsed!

No need to remind you that you owe all your atlasian career to me and to Truman. I guess you were fine with this "oligarchic" party then

Uhm. This shows a lack of respect towards other members. What HenryWallaceVP accomplished, is something he did by himself. Everyone has his own choice and opinion. It's not that hard to understand. You prove that Labor is all about taking positions, offering them to people and make them obey the party leadership. Pretty much a textbook case of a dictatorial one party state [biwhere everrything you accomplished is by obeying party leadership. You alwayd owe the dictator something. If you fail to obey you'll be put in a prison camp[/b]. I say no to such a society.
He didn't do it by himself. Everything he got, Labor helped him to get it and if he has any sense of integrity he would recognize it.

I strongly disagree. HenryWallaceVP owes Labor nothing. And it proves you have to agree with everything Labor does for them to give you stuff. THERE IS NO PLACE FOR IMDEPENDENT-MINDED PEOPLE IN LABOR.
You were not even playing when he was active lol
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies