Re: Office of PSOL—Beginning of the Institute of Atlasian Progression (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:36:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Re: Office of PSOL—Beginning of the Institute of Atlasian Progression (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Re: Office of PSOL—Beginning of the Institute of Atlasian Progression  (Read 16853 times)
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« on: February 20, 2020, 08:22:09 PM »

Let's get real-people voted for West_Midlander because he was the Labor/Peace candidate and MB and I asked them to. So yeah, it is a violation of the trust voters placed in him. Whether it is a 'stain on democracy' is semantics, you can quibble with language but I do think it is distasteful and wrong for office-holders to switch parties. I think he should now follow the Vern precedent and resign, and hopefully the South has special gubernatorial elections so the voters can decide for themselves whether they want a Federalist or Labor Governor.
Are you still pretending you have influence over voters?
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2020, 02:19:29 AM »

That's an awfully naive attitude to have Yankee, the fact of the matter is both Vern and West_Midlander got the votes they got because of which party they were in. A majority of the South wanted a Labor Governor and their will has been overturned-it doesn't matter how close the election was that is the essence of it. Indeed, Vern's special election proves that only a few people voted for against him based on his own judgement and personality -most voted for or against his party 
Your argument would be more meaningful if Westy had won by more than 1 vote.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2020, 12:11:11 PM »

If not through the current legal mechanisms can we not succeed at doing so, I suggest Labor live up to its heritage and form a parallel provisional government in the interim of this debacle.

This is a shockingly bad idea and neither myself nor I think anyone in Peace or Labor leadership (correct me if I'm wrong, please!) would ever seriously entertain such a ridiculous idea. PSOL bringing it up has conveniently allowed the discussion to be "it was okay for him to switch parties like that" vs. "PROVISIONAL GOVERNMENT!!!!!!" which makes "it was okay" look like a very good opinion to have. (edit: not saying PSOL meant to do that, just keep in mind that when you make multiple arguments if one is dumb 100% of responses will be about that Tongue )

But--and this is something everyone should be able to see my perspective on even if you don't admit it in this context--running under the banner of one party and then switching allegiances halfway through is ridiculous and I would say should probably be followed up by a new election. Keep in mind that had he not been perceived by me as an eager and like-minded option for Governor I would've either ran again myself (ugh) or tried to get another qualified candidate to run instead. From my perspective, in all honesty, I have to say I kinda feel screwed over in this. But hey, no one will listen to the tiny violin concert of the only person--maybe ever by the time it's all said and done--who won a Southern Gubernatorial election by double-digits as a left winger. C'este la vie! Tongue
You had no issues with party switching in 2017. Sit down, Leinad.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2020, 05:48:04 PM »

I don't want to turn this thread into an argument about which villains of history Fhtagn most resembles, but I will point out that I addressed my post to "the right," not you personally, Yankee. Unless you are every right-wing poster and this whole game is your elaborate attempt to find someone who will read your posts. (I should have thought of that!)
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2020, 10:32:41 AM »

The Federalist Party has always supported the regions and keeping power there. It's not some new thing.

No point in addressing the rest of your post because once again this is a clear example of someone who clearly has no clue what he is talking about. You aren't even trying to hide it. Plus I'm sure someone who is actually in that party will rightfully put you in your place anyway.

Seriously, PSOL. Educate yourself.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2020, 11:05:26 AM »

The Federalist Party has always supported the regions and keeping power there. It's not some new thing.

No point in addressing the rest of your post because once again this is a clear example of someone who clearly has no clue what he is talking about. You aren't even trying to hide it. Plus I'm sure someone who is actually in that party will rightfully put you in your place anyway.

Seriously, PSOL. Educate yourself.
The boxing of the Federalist Party to the South, and a basically nondescript platform that hides what the members truly believe, are factual. You can say whatever you want to say as a weak attempt to discredit the truth, but it is what I am telling it like it is.

The South has just about always been the Federalist Party's strongest region, another thing that is nothing new.

You can't seriously be this uninformed...
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2020, 04:56:48 PM »

Let us know when you stop LARPing as a tankie.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2020, 09:01:57 PM »

PSOL campaign ad song:

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies