Re: Office of PSOL—Beginning of the Institute of Atlasian Progression
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:07:22 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Re: Office of PSOL—Beginning of the Institute of Atlasian Progression
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15
Author Topic: Re: Office of PSOL—Beginning of the Institute of Atlasian Progression  (Read 16809 times)
PSOL
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #325 on: September 08, 2020, 03:51:46 AM »

Based on the party's by-laws, there must be a new election for any officer(s) who have vacated (this includes PSOL, plus any others I'm not aware of):

"Rights and privileges of the party include: voting for party and representative officials for public office"

In fact, this explicitly states that once new officer(s) are elected, the party membership must then choose any replacement for Representative once the executive of the party is chosen.
Hmm, that could be doable
SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #326 on: September 08, 2020, 03:58:15 AM »

Based on the party's by-laws, there must be a new election for any officer(s) who have vacated (this includes PSOL, plus any others I'm not aware of):

"Rights and privileges of the party include: voting for party and representative officials for public office"

In fact, this explicitly states that once new officer(s) are elected, the party membership must then choose any replacement for Representative once the executive of the party is chosen.

Since there are no provisions in the bylaws, it can't be legally justified.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #327 on: September 08, 2020, 03:59:03 AM »

The way I invisioned it would be that it would be lax and open to experimenting
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #328 on: September 08, 2020, 04:06:53 AM »

Reading that huge post, this is really all I can think of

SevenEleven
Junior Chimp

« Reply #329 on: September 08, 2020, 04:12:52 AM »

The way I invisioned it would be that it would be lax and open to experimenting

Open to experimenting is good, but not necessarily for a healthy party.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #330 on: September 08, 2020, 04:22:17 AM »

Reading that huge post, this is really all I can think of

Well it worked until Laki didn’t stab a knife through #bothsides
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #331 on: September 08, 2020, 04:23:34 AM »

Reigning in the CIA is probably very popular with the Feds. The Imperialism would have to be explored case by case, regulating development federally is probably a no go though. Regionally and at the state level, who knows.

My piece of advice and I hope everyone takes this seriously having seen so much of this and seen so much of this stuff backfire. These too cute by half schemes that people think are genius until they blow up in your face, they don't work and for the life of me I cannot understand why some people keep trying them. In this case, the best approach is often the easiest and most straight forward.

This is not a spy thriller with cloak and dagger scheming. Its an elections game with no secret ballot and everyone living in very close quarters, 90% of the time anything convoluted or involving too many moving parts will always blow up in your face. Yea you have strategy and occasionally some clandestine dealing but on the whole if start to think you are Jason Bourne or James Bond you might want to reconsider your choice in gaming.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #332 on: September 08, 2020, 04:24:33 AM »

Reigning in the CIA is probably very popular with the Feds. The Imperialism would have to be explored case by case, regulating development federally is probably a no go though. Regionally and at the state level, who knows.

My piece of advice and I hope everyone takes this seriously having seen so much of this and seen so much of this stuff backfire. These too cute by half schemes that people think are genius until they blow up in your face, they don't work and for the life of me I cannot understand why some people keep trying them. In this case, the best approach is often the easiest and most straight forward.

This is not a spy thriller with cloak and dagger scheming. Its an elections game with no secret ballot and everyone living in very close quarters, 90% of the time anything convoluted or involving too many moving parts will always blow up in your face. Yea you have strategy and occasionally some clandestine dealing but on the whole if start to think you are Jason Bourne or James Bond you might want to reconsider your choice in gaming.
Except the party died when we didn’t do the scheming of permanent opposition.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #333 on: September 08, 2020, 04:31:38 AM »

Except the party died when we didn’t do the scheming of permanent opposition.

Your party died because you gave up on it an hour ago.

Just precisely what do you think would have happened if you had done this scheming? Permanent opposition?
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #334 on: September 08, 2020, 04:33:04 AM »

Eh, it wasn’t going to take off after losing the swing voters and being discredited
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #335 on: September 08, 2020, 04:33:46 AM »

Eh, it wasn’t going to take off after losing the swing voters and being discredited

oh wow, never been there before twice. Oh wait...
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #336 on: September 08, 2020, 04:34:32 AM »

The Left is more selective and critical than the right in this game
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #337 on: September 08, 2020, 04:35:20 AM »

Are we in the same game?
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #338 on: September 08, 2020, 04:35:35 AM »

Are we in the same game?
Yes
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #339 on: September 08, 2020, 04:35:59 AM »

Just precisely what do you think would have happened if you had done this scheming? Permanent opposition?

Would like an answer to this.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #340 on: September 08, 2020, 04:37:14 AM »

Are we in the same game?
Yes

Doesn't seem like it. Either that or you don't understand the right or the left in this game at all. Which considering how this worked out, is very possible.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #341 on: September 08, 2020, 04:38:54 AM »

It would cause the government to

A) be absolvent for us to grow in the chaos like the PVDA
B) get the DA+L to create a terrible coalition of chaos
C) get the VP to break the tie and put in an “illegitimate” government
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #342 on: September 08, 2020, 04:42:58 AM »

Um, not sure if you realize this or not, but WE ARE NOT A PARLIAMENTARY SYSTEM!!!

None of that would work out as you envisioned. The Speaker is a paper pusher, who merely advances the bills expeditiously and their competence is the only relevant factor. Who actually controls it is irrelevant to the functioning of the system as long as they do their job.

PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #343 on: September 08, 2020, 04:45:50 AM »

Um, not sure if you realize this or not, but WE ARE NOT A PARLIAMENTARY SYSTEM!!!

None of that would work out as you envisioned. The Speaker is a paper pusher, who merely advances the bills expeditiously and their competence is the only relevant factor. Who actually controls it is irrelevant to the functioning of the system as long as they do their job.

It’s about the optics, we would spin it to be true
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #344 on: September 08, 2020, 04:51:51 AM »

It’s about the optics, we would spin it to be true

So as I was saying about Jason Bourne and James Bond....

That's not happening, it would fall apart.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #345 on: September 08, 2020, 05:24:07 AM »

Despite Atlasia being made up of like 90% RL Americans I always find it hilarious that so many think of Atlasia as a parliamentary system with a "proper" government and opposition when it clearly isn't.

Like you say the Speaker is in most ways a paper pusher, especially in the federal Congress (the reigonal speakers are slightly more powerful as they often are the ones who get to be "acting governor" if the previous one resigns). The Speaker and PPT are much less powerful than say, McConnell irl (who I think essencially can block any bills from being debated?); let alone any Prime Minister in a parliamentary system

It was and is trivially easy to get a party that is completely independently ran from all others. You do not need to do backroom deals with anyone if that is not what you want.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #346 on: September 08, 2020, 05:40:58 AM »

It was and is trivially easy to get a party that is completely independently ran from all others. You do not need to do backroom deals with anyone if that is not what you want.

Anyone who thinks it is all about backroom deals is either a Hamilton/Wolfentoad cloak and dagger schemer who you probably don't want to be around or is a wannabe fanboy of such a model of game play. Most of this game comes down to determination, purpose and organizing to achieve those objectives. The scheming just gets all of the attention leading people to think that it is everything.

Estrella
Falkland Islands (Islas Malvinas)

« Reply #347 on: September 08, 2020, 06:17:26 AM »

What a way for a party to die. I feel like Casual Vacancy should me proclaimed as the founding document of Atlasia. Politicians doing lots of 11¾D underwater chess compositions to tactically mastermind their way into power, completely ignoring the fact that they're on a parish f***ing council with an electorate of two hundred and all of their plans rest on the assumption that >1% of those 200 people actually give a damn.

Also this 'who is the chairman' thing is like the old Coupdate except nowhere near as interesting.

Chill out, PSOL, just wait until October and you'll get another chance, hopefully with a clearer head.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #348 on: September 08, 2020, 07:20:42 AM »
« Edited: September 08, 2020, 07:26:00 AM by Representative Laki »

The reason why i didn't backstab DA + feds, is because I don't believe in backstabbing. I was pressured by DA + feds to remove myself and choose for Cao, and because they had a valid point in that i do not have the needed experience, i decided to do so.

I don't believe in backstabbing people, but was genuinely torn between choosing for Labor and DA + feds, while you have to choose a side. It just works like that, and I don't like choosing sides.

I've realized this game isn't suited to me. I should have finished my term as a representative. So if people ask me to do so, i will finish my term, even though i deregistered and will be active as an independent, and vote with my own conscience on bills and resign after october. But I don't think that's an option since I deregistered, but if there are truly issues and you can not find a replacement, i will finish my term.

I will however cancel all other activities in this game, and make my mental health a priority again. I have had a rough time in the past weeks, and it wasn't healthy for me, and I don't need this offensive insults from mostly Pericles and Windjammer. The other Labourites are good guys, but I have personal issues with Pericles, and I do expect an apology. I apologize to Labor for not thinking straight and making the bad decisions.

Concerning president Pericles and windjammer, I do expect apologies from their side. Right now, i have more respect for trolls like SirWoodbury who don't harm anyone, than from people who keep insulting me and forget that this is all supposed to be a fun game. We're all human people, with a heart, with a soul and with a brain. I probably made some mistakes in the past too, and I apologize for those as well. I've had a fun time regardless, getting elected. And have kept friendly relations with several people including my fellow greens (PSOL and Tchenka) or Labourites like Ted Bessell (you're truly a great guy), Siren, SevenEleven (i'm sorry i didn't vote for you but you deserved the speakership as well, and next time you'll be speaker) as well as the DA and Feds on the other side. We must all not forget that this is a game, and that at the end we're all humans with just a different opinion on politics. There is a lot more that unites us instead of what divides us.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #349 on: September 08, 2020, 07:32:29 AM »

That being said, the deal was i would become speaker and would vote for MB as president (incl. if they passed my bills and worked / tweaked them). I gave speakership to Joseph Cao, but was still planning on voting Labor as part of the deal. So i did backstab them, but not entirely. I had to backstab someone, because i was cornered in a position where I had deals with both sides, or where both sides expected something, and it made me pressure a lot, and i just can't handle all that stress and pressure.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies