Re: Office of PSOL—Beginning of the Institute of Atlasian Progression
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:49:49 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Re: Office of PSOL—Beginning of the Institute of Atlasian Progression
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15
Author Topic: Re: Office of PSOL—Beginning of the Institute of Atlasian Progression  (Read 16808 times)
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #250 on: June 12, 2020, 07:36:17 PM »

I obviously cannot speak on behalf of the Feds, but why would they even take you?
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #251 on: June 12, 2020, 07:39:07 PM »

I obviously cannot speak on behalf of the Feds, but why would they even take you?
It’s a hypothetical. It’s not like I’m that far a leap away from Siren.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #252 on: June 13, 2020, 05:52:02 PM »

I’m out
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #253 on: June 14, 2020, 09:28:42 AM »

A pity, as this ticket was getting an impressive 10.5% in my entrance poll, beating HCP and Bagel.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #254 on: June 15, 2020, 08:36:11 PM »

Should be the official campaign of the Federalist Party given they are running a better campaign in one post then whatever Siren/Muaddib are doing that’s already been dead on arrival. If the Federalists are in any way strategic, they’d fit their losses and hitch themselves on the ticket that’s an actually good meme.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #255 on: July 08, 2020, 02:25:41 PM »

Well, it finally happened. A real, singular movement came out to the forefront to serve as a liberal party in a game where the alternatives was an incompetent Conservative party and a labor aristocratic party. So far, the total members exceed anything in recent memory that could break the duopoly, and thus Labor is chuffed at this change. How did we get here and what’s coming? Well, I’ll try and give my interpretation and predictions.

The Warning signs from the Reich

Previously, before the foundation of the DA, the signs should have been obvious.

Firstly, on the Federalist side, there were clear examples that things just weren’t going well. After countless losses from the more reactionary, Alt-Right faction poisoning the water, of course a split was easily coming in hindsight. After the split previously with the ACP, more moderate federalists even still couldn’t escape the poisoned brand of the Feds; that they’re incompetent, fascistic, or b!tches to fhtagn. The events after the eventual reunification weren’t exactly good signs. The Feds continued to act like nincompoops, endorsing social democrats or transgender women as presidential candidates even though they’re clearly alienating the reactionary base. With the regaining of a 6-3 house, it became clear that the brand is poisoned, so the moderate faction split. Even before the disaster that was the June presidential election, it was clear that the ringleader of the DA, Tmth, was planning something. From criticizing the Southern government and the main party, I assumed he was preparing to enter the Southern CoD. Instead, he’s reaching for the top, and took his band of compatriots with him.

The Contradictions in Labor
In fairness, no one saw this happening until it did. Who would have known that the impeccable machine crafted that led to the complete domination of the nation couldn’t have prevented a split. After all, it managed to quash previous movements of dissent, from the rise of third parties a while back to the defections or West Midlander. So how then was it possible for there to be any rift in a party so much a threat that it paralyzed and invoked such libel against the infant DA?

The writing was on the wall in hindsight. Labor foolishly allowed what was essentially a faction of moderate democrats and centrists to grow and be distinct from itself. Forget the previous rumblings from mb, how the leadership didn’t quash the blue dog caucus in its infancy was downright ret@7ded. No wonder that when it was safe to do so, the most reactionary and atomized members of Labor left. Jimmy was always jokingly saying that he’d leave, but the fact that the push took in a few safe zombies...and Koopa... was something that the current leadership couldn’t handle. With them goes the various liberal zombies tired of affiliating and voting for anything close to representing something for the workers. Even still, there’s still a whole lot more potential for growth.

Realistic possibilities

Let’s be honest, there’s no chance that the DA can stand toe-to-toe against Labor for at least two years, if ever. The real threat of the DA lies in embarrassing the Labor party in the safest regions of Atlasia, Lincoln and Fremont, in the short term. Outside of that, sopping up moderate zombies and having the high risk of defections in the ballot box is the real threat to Labor. If the DA plays it’s cards right, they could make Labor work in all three regions, something the party has never done in a while. And with so many moderate voters still there, and a competent GOTV and recruitment machine, and they could actually mitigate the effects of Labor’s turnout and recruitment efforts. Of course, to do so requires some strategic registrations in Lincoln and Fremont, and playing it somewhat safe in the South, but still. The roles of the DA—kingmaker, collaborator, electoral partner—is a power that very few parties can have.

MB and the Squares

The Federalist Party still has a lot more bleeding to go through. Outside of the main leadership, old dinosaur NCY, and the Alt Reich faktion, there’s at least 2-4 more defections there. One even includes current representative Cao. Either way, the Feds seem pretty content with the decision, as it triggers labor far more than what capacity they could have done in a long, long while. They’re content and accepting of this split, as the real loser in all this is Labor

Given that many of the DA will probably engage in some sort of understanding with the Federalists in the South, I expect that the Southern governorship to be lost from Labor’s grasp unless they bring in a moderate replacement to mb. In all likelihood, they can’t lose in this situation unless the DA acts like a spoiler. That and the gain of like 1-3 seats in Fremont and Lincoln is basically tantamount to success for the party on their own, and that’s not including empowering aligned individuals in each party.

The thing is that this isn’t really all that new or relevant given that Labor did didly squat with its supermajority in any of the chambers of government since the early days of President Pericles. From either a lack of willpower to craft something new or fear of alienating voters, only small changes were introduced that ultimately built up in the ostensibly social democracy we are now. That led to the small loss of basically politically nobodies...and Koopa. Even still, this is an existiental threat to the liberal wing of the Labor party and the zombies associated with this.

That leads us to MB. Governor MB, obviously, will be the next Labor President. He’s the most senior member outside of HSTruman and the only one with presidential ambitions. Given the fact that MB is a smooth political operative, the only one that can pass the torch to a new and energized generation of Labor, and could easily peel off most of Pragcord and his zombies to form a new party that could rival the DA in membership—you get the point. Of course, that leads to the MB paradox. Not have MB be president leads to a disgruntled and ossified party with no ability to do GOTV well, that damages the party. Endorsing MB however disgruntles the squares who can’t accept a radical in office, damaging the party albeit probably far less.

In all reality, Mb is pretty easy to scapegoat to a few ignorant, moderate zombies as a radical punk/Antifa/commie/what have you now. Not enough to split the party, but enough to further bleed the liberal wing a long way down that could further make it under threat. It may be less votes lost with no MB, but it still plays into the hands of DA and could make an impact downballot.

Final thoughts
Labor is facing real hardship in its consistent domination of the game. Nothing that will rob it or it’s majority, but enough of a pain to rob it of like one house seat to 4-5 seats in total, a few scattered regional seats, and the need for more serious GOTV and recruitment to pad the losses. In all honesty, I think that Labor, with the loss of the moderate independents and reactionary membership...and Koopa—will shift nominally leftward into something to the left of the average progressive democrat into a real social Democratic Party. The loss of moderate zombies and personalities paving the way for a cleansing of Labor is inevitable. After all, it contains the absolute majority of players in the game if you add satellite parties. Far too many personalities and members existed, spanning the entirety of the Democratic Party irl, in a system and party structure that couldn’t maintain such a thing.

Personally, I’m actually kind of happy with this development. Labor will have to work to reinvent itself and raise the pressure on the DA, raising the stakes and entertainment of this game. Drama is probably going to be very entertaining as the battle of words commences, and Labor is shedding the worst of itself. To the Feds, the party finally now has a clear platform and identity as a party of Trumpt@rds.

Of course, there are limits to how things get. Labor is still a far better party for the Left than most, and I’m surprised that people like Koopa, Dipper Josh, and Ishan are joining it. The left, in whatever capacity, needs to stick with Labor, especially now. Even the loss of perhaps ten more zombies in a month is far too harmful for members who get elected from the machine directing them. The worst case scenario is for the most slimey and egotistical members of Labor to leave and take their zombies and compatriots with them. The damage of Wulfric and HCP leaving for the DA gets them 10-15+ new members like that, and risks flipping Fremont into a joint HCP-DA administration is too great for the loss to bear. There’s like no way for HCP or the remainder of the Blue Dog caucus to leave labor now unless Labor starts addressing foreign policy or bringing forth radical changes, but the fact that Labor is now not as invincible means that we are getting a more conservative game
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #256 on: July 08, 2020, 04:06:51 PM »
« Edited: July 08, 2020, 04:11:08 PM by Weatherboy »

The only thing I really disagree with here is that you didn’t mention me

/s
Dipper Josh

« Reply #257 on: July 09, 2020, 08:45:25 AM »

A Dipper Josh name drop? I'm flattered.
Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR)
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #258 on: July 09, 2020, 11:09:54 AM »

That leads us to MB. Governor MB, obviously, will be the next Labor President. He’s the most senior member outside of HSTruman and the only one with presidential ambitions. Given the fact that MB is a smooth political operative...
MB/Muad'dib Ticket Confirmed!
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #259 on: July 09, 2020, 12:10:06 PM »

That leads us to MB. Governor MB, obviously, will be the next Labor President. He’s the most senior member outside of HSTruman and the only one with presidential ambitions. Given the fact that MB is a smooth political operative...
MB/Muad'dib Ticket Confirmed!

Had MB kept the meme confederates, I am sure that would have been an eventual ticket Tongue
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #260 on: July 10, 2020, 07:47:51 PM »

I’m pleased to say that the Green Party has been growing a lot lately, and we are the newest party on the block. I hope that, along with party President KoopaDaQuick, we grow into a real successful party. We already have five members and counting!

I can’t help but to see that this is far different from the previous emergence of third parties. They seem  far more better run and more organized than the previous emergence of the Populist Party or the victory in electing Poirot that ultimately led nowhere. Time will tell if we enter a new party system, but I’m ever hopeful that the Green Party will be a relevant force in the future.

I’m ever so happy that great longtime ACLO colleague and politician Elcaspar is now speaker of the House. He’s previously made great legislation that greatly benefitted the Working Class. Hope to see where his path takes him

I condemn the dictatorship of the illegitimate government of Bolivia. While I truet that MAS knows what they’re doing, we in Atlasia should still put sanctions on the new government until the election is over so as to promote a return to democracy.

I’m distraught but unsurprised that Israel is taking action now against the Palestinian people by colonizing area C of the West Bank. I urge the current administration and the Labor party in cutting military and humanitarian aid to Israel unless they back off from annexation of Palestinian land. Atlasia must take a strong stance against imperialism everywhere.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #261 on: July 28, 2020, 12:44:21 PM »

Founded just a mere 20 days ago, the Green Party has soared to new heights as of recently. With the Green Party being the official face of the opposition in Fremont and ballooning to 12 members, nearly all in Fremont, we are well situated to get major gains in Fremont locally and nationally too. All of this is due to the great team that has been assembled since KoopaDaQuick and now King T’Chenka is at the helm. More victories will follow of course as we announce our slate soon.

Atlasia is in for some real changes soon. The previous party system that lasted for more than a year is finally over, and now there’s real representation for all faucets of people in Atlasia. Unlike the previous false blows, this is actually real.

Labor is in for some trouble. In Fremont, beloved longtime politician Scott faced real challenge with Green Party member Lakigigar. How it was even that close in what should have been a major blowout shows how much work there is to be made. In Lincoln, the situation is even more dire. Not only has the federalists gained one seat in the regional legislature, but so too has the DA. With DA leader Tmth also being victorious in the South, the party is now present as a national force. The only upside from the harsh night was Labor sweeping the Governor race in the South and getting a majority in the CoD, the first in a long time of split governance. What with the DA being divided between three regions and slight vote splitting in the South, Labor’s complete domination everywhere is now impossible. However, not even that can compare to the terminal failure for the Federalist Party. Not only have they lost the South, but the sheer embarrassment of them clearly losing all interest and competence, itself a reason for why the DA first came to be, is a disaster. These results were only all done within 20 days, yet Labor is at risk of losing their supermajority in all regions and having a proliferation of opposition in the House.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #262 on: July 28, 2020, 01:01:12 PM »

Unrelated but I will say that despite disagreeing a lot with PSOL's analysis (and honestly his analysis hurting his standing in a way) I still love reading it.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #263 on: July 28, 2020, 10:34:20 PM »

Running for FM y’all! Endorsements and comments go here. I’ll release a partial platform and kick off my campaign tomorrow.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #264 on: July 28, 2020, 10:37:56 PM »

Safe Truman -> Safe Truman
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #265 on: July 29, 2020, 02:44:29 AM »

While I personally thought it wasn't a good idea to run for Fremont FM, i still endorse you. If we hold Truman to low 50's, the election will be a success.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #266 on: July 29, 2020, 03:34:47 AM »

While I personally thought it wasn't a good idea to run for Fremont FM, i still endorse you. If we hold Truman to low 50's, the election will be a success.

Pericles, February 2018 "If I hold fhtagn to low 50s, the election will be a success and PUP will survive." Didn't work out that way, because the only actual win is a win-not a moral victory.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #267 on: July 29, 2020, 04:37:09 AM »

Pericles, February 2018 "If I hold fhtagn to low 50s, the election will be a success and PUP will survive." Didn't work out that way, because the only actual win is a win-not a moral victory.

In fairmess what killed PUP was not Feb 18, but rather  Jun 18 and later Aug 18 being the end
Wikipedia delenda est
HenryWallaceVP
« Reply #268 on: July 29, 2020, 10:49:00 AM »

Endorsed!

"labor aristocratic party"
I appreciate the choice of "aristocratic" instead of "elitist" because the second sounds too much like far-right lingo.

I might have gone with "oligarchical" myself, but "aristocratic" works too.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #269 on: July 30, 2020, 01:51:49 AM »

Endorsed!

I appreciate the choice of "aristocratic" instead of "elitist" because the second sounds too much like far-right lingo.

No need to remind you that you owe all your atlasian career to me and to Truman. I guess you were fine with this "oligarchic" party then.

LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #270 on: July 30, 2020, 08:27:54 AM »

Endorsed!

No need to remind you that you owe all your atlasian career to me and to Truman. I guess you were fine with this "oligarchic" party then

Uhm. This shows a lack of respect towards other members. What HenryWallaceVP accomplished, is something he did by himself. Everyone has his own choice and opinion. It's not that hard to understand. You prove that Labor is all about taking positions, offering them to people and make them obey the party leadership. Pretty much a textbook case of a dictatorial one party state [biwhere everrything you accomplished is by obeying party leadership. You alwayd owe the dictator something. If you fail to obey you'll be put in a prison camp[/b]. I say no to such a society.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #271 on: July 30, 2020, 09:08:17 AM »

Endorsed!

No need to remind you that you owe all your atlasian career to me and to Truman. I guess you were fine with this "oligarchic" party then

Uhm. This shows a lack of respect towards other members. What HenryWallaceVP accomplished, is something he did by himself. Everyone has his own choice and opinion. It's not that hard to understand. You prove that Labor is all about taking positions, offering them to people and make them obey the party leadership. Pretty much a textbook case of a dictatorial one party state [biwhere everrything you accomplished is by obeying party leadership. You alwayd owe the dictator something. If you fail to obey you'll be put in a prison camp[/b]. I say no to such a society.
He didn't do it by himself. Everything he got, Labor helped him to get it and if he has any sense of integrity he would recognize it.

LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #272 on: July 30, 2020, 10:27:02 AM »

Endorsed!

He didn't do it by himself. Everything he got, Labor helped him to get it and if he has any sense of integrity he would recognize it.

I strongly disagree. HenryWallaceVP owes Labor nothing. And it proves you have to agree with everything Labor does for them to give you stuff. THERE IS NO PLACE FOR IMDEPENDENT-MINDED PEOPLE IN LABOR.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #273 on: July 30, 2020, 10:32:58 AM »

Endorsed!

I strongly disagree. HenryWallaceVP owes Labor nothing. And it proves you have to agree with everything Labor does for them to give you stuff. THERE IS NO PLACE FOR IMDEPENDENT-MINDED PEOPLE IN LABOR.
You were not even playing when he was active lol
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #274 on: July 30, 2020, 03:59:12 PM »

Ah the drama is still fresh in the air.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies