Re: Office of PSOL—Beginning of the Institute of Atlasian Progression
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:17:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Re: Office of PSOL—Beginning of the Institute of Atlasian Progression
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 15
Author Topic: Re: Office of PSOL—Beginning of the Institute of Atlasian Progression  (Read 16866 times)
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: April 10, 2020, 01:10:31 PM »

I was about to say something along the lines of "inb4 Yankee's history lesson" but I see I am already late for that Tongue

In any case I will say I fully oppose a centralized state; regardless of politics. While you can argue on the purpose of the regions based on gameplay outcomes and what not, or what exact powers they should have, I fully support the existance of the regions on principle and should be kept around as long as we have enough people to run them, which we certainly do now.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #151 on: April 10, 2020, 02:19:59 PM »

I was about to say something along the lines of "inb4 Yankee's history lesson" but I see I am already late for that Tongue

In any case I will say I fully oppose a centralized state; regardless of politics. While you can argue on the purpose of the regions based on gameplay outcomes and what not, or what exact powers they should have, I fully support the existance of the regions on principle and should be kept around as long as we have enough people to run them, which we certainly do now.
Then you are being a bystander to what is a very unfortunate reality in this game in my view.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #152 on: April 10, 2020, 02:54:47 PM »

Then you are being a bystander to what is a very unfortunate reality in this game in my view.

What unfortunate reality? If Feds win in one region they have the right to implement their policies. The solution to that is not centralism, it is to win elections.
Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR)
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #153 on: April 11, 2020, 03:55:27 AM »

For the Record

PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #154 on: April 11, 2020, 03:37:12 PM »

I’m still gonna say it like it is, no amount of ridicule will stop me.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #155 on: April 11, 2020, 03:54:36 PM »

I am shocked, shocked that a "Federalist" Party supports small f federalism.

There was a lot of people who didn't value the name beyond just the historical theme Atlasia was on in 2012-2013 (Whigs, Federalists, DRs etc). They wanted a generic conservative or even a European Conservative party and you saw this in the famous RPP name change debacle. With the RPP we had a push to rename the party and in the process move away from the founding regionalist purpose, eventually we ended up going back to the RPP name and stuck with it from then on.

With the Federalist Party, in its first year there was a divide where some of us wanted a philosophical "federalism" based on checks and balances, independent judiciary, regional-federal balance of power and representation and those who wanted generic conservatism with less concern about these constitutionalist concerns. This was also the era of Rand Paul being at his political height as well as Ted Cruz, so there was a great appetite on the right for some form of "Constitutionalist" centric approach IRL. 

I don't see any other practical basis for coalition, how else do you get moderates, social conservatives and libertarians to stop killing each other and work together? If they don't work together, they either fade away or just pad the already substantial majority on the left and then in that situation you don't have any competition, you don't have a game.

The one thing that most all of those groups agree on, is they don't want Nyman running their lives, they don't want to be dictated to by them and if you are concerned about secession, Federalism is the antidote for secession. Federalism means that everyone is at the table and everyone gets input and gets considered. When you have centralism people just get trampled upon until they won't take it anymore and then they start to secede. I have never supported any secession effort in this country and I have tried to prevent secession from happening and as Burkian my view is that the best way to avoid secession is to create a system where all areas of the country have a say and don't get screwed.

Politics is Newtonian, and the more centralist the government becomes, there will be an equal growth in appetite for secession. Federalism is the balancing act that keeps everyone content.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #156 on: April 11, 2020, 04:03:22 PM »

I’m amazed at how one could create an entire few paragraphs with nothing of note or meaning to them. You surely have  surprisingly convincing imitation of Fuzzy Bear, North Carolina Yankee.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #157 on: April 11, 2020, 04:31:27 PM »
« Edited: April 11, 2020, 04:36:50 PM by Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee »

I’m amazed at how one could create an entire few paragraphs with nothing of note or meaning to them. You surely have  surprisingly convincing imitation of Fuzzy Bear, North Carolina Yankee.

That unfortunate, because the last part in particular condemns your call for centralism for it is, the road to separatism. Federalism is the moderate path that keeps people like you and Muaddib from murdering each other in the streets.

I don't want Atlasia ripped apart by extreme voices. The answer to this is what I said, have a system everyone has a seat at the table and no people are left behind and no geographic region is left behind. That is how you avoid secession, by having a system that works for everyone.
Unconditional Surrender Truman
Harry S Truman
Atlas Icon

« Reply #158 on: April 11, 2020, 04:40:33 PM »

Just a reminder to my friends on the left that in absence of federalism, we would have had no recourse to resist the conservative policies being handed down from Nyman during the period of right-wing dominance in 2017–2018. Robust regional governments were the backbone of progressivism then, and may well be again when the tide changes. And while I certainly hold a more positive view of government than some in the Federalist party, the true aim of leftism should be to return power to the people, not to replace government by unelected corporate bureaucrats with government by unelected federal bureaucrats —a goal incompatible with the creation of a centralist unitary state.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #159 on: April 11, 2020, 04:42:47 PM »

Just a reminder to my friends on the left that in absence of federalism, we would have had no recourse to resist the conservative policies being handed down from Nyman during the period of right-wing dominance in 2017–2018. Robust regional governments were the backbone of progressivism then, and may well be again when the tide changes. And while I certainly hold a more positive view of government than some in the Federalist party, the true aim of leftism should be to return power to the people, not to replace government by unelected corporate bureaucrats with government by unelected federal bureaucrats —a goal incompatible with the creation of a centralist unitary state.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #160 on: April 19, 2020, 07:04:11 PM »

picking up where I once left off by announcing my candidacy for election to the Fremont Parliament once more. Questions, concerns, and endorsements of this candidacy may commence.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #161 on: April 19, 2020, 07:29:02 PM »

picking up where I once left off by announcing my candidacy for election to the Fremont Parliament once more. Questions, concerns, and endorsements of this candidacy may commence.
Welcome to the race! If we're elected, I look forward to working with you in Denver!
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #162 on: April 19, 2020, 07:33:46 PM »

Welcome to the race! If we're elected, I look forward to working with you in Denver!
Why thank you OBD, I look forward to it as well.
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #163 on: April 19, 2020, 08:48:17 PM »

1. Endorsed!

2. I'd be glad to see you back in Denver, PSOL.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #164 on: April 19, 2020, 09:31:04 PM »

1. Endorsed!

2. I'd be glad to see you back in Denver, PSOL.
Thanks
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #165 on: April 19, 2020, 09:33:17 PM »

Endorsed.

What will be your number one priority in office?
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #166 on: April 19, 2020, 09:35:44 PM »

Endorsed.

Probably putting West Midlander in a gulag.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #167 on: April 19, 2020, 09:42:39 PM »

Endorsed.

Probably putting West Midlander in a gulag.
My first priority would be creating a ministry of culture in Fremont to sponsor, create, and fund works of art. A periphery priority I have is the abolishment of prisons.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #168 on: April 20, 2020, 12:56:33 AM »

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #169 on: April 21, 2020, 10:58:19 AM »

The Midterms

These midterms have held such interesting data and realizations that they must be discussed in full. From the House to the South, a lot of interesting developments are being made.

Firstly, the South has provided interesting developments. Labor chair MB won resoundingly by 39-33 over former Labor member West_Midlander. The defeat, sadly, was not due to the dead npc babies killed by negligence by him and the rest of the government of the South. What actually won was a combination of two things, those being a strong unifying factor of recruiting for this race by Labor and the immense social capital possessed by MB. This race saw ~5 probable Fed voters defect to MB, being key to his success in this race. This is unsurprising, MB has after all a cult status rightfully earned due to his history in the party and being apart of the secret society known as Pragcord. What I find to be interesting is the fact that in the future, with MB hypothetically doing other things *cough* Presidential run *cough*, who then would take the South? The fact is that there isn’t anyone possessing the social capital or connections to win in the South for Labor, maybe the other figure in charge of this pragcord Or Leinad, but I doubt it. I should also know that aside from MB and Pragpop, the do-nothing southern CoD was overwhelmingly replaced with figures such as YT seemingly going to rule in the South. Interesting developments indeed.

The rest of the races aren’t as exciting or worth much as in the South. L/P won by similar margins then the previous election in the Senate and House. What actually is of note is the massive defections in the Fremont region against YE, a pro-“Life” Labor apparatchik who is possibly having relations with Pete “Rat” Buttigieg. There’s also the win for the Federalists of Copperhead Grassr00ts winning in the Lincoln council, the first Fed to win in a while after known Nazbol thr33.

Federalist Drama

What’s perhaps the most interesting thing in all of this was the fact that, in the probable event of this regional party winning its self-proclaimed region, the party began collapsing and transmorphing under its own weight. Pinochet Apologist and former Vice Chair of the Federalist Lfromnj was seemingly purged from the party, along with elder statesmen and Fed Leader NCY supposedly laying down the law in the party, per his own words at least. What also occurred was the de jure final end of the ACP, the cult of fhtagn, by beginning to morph into the Feds. All this is occurring while a moderate faction is arising in the party, being very similar to the de facto Blue Dog faction in Labor. What any of this means is yet to be seen, more details on this drama will arise in the coming days, but I predict things will be kept under wraps. The Federalists lack the inner democratic build that the Labor party possesses in that it is ran almost through a loosely hierarchical council of sorts. The Feds also lack any structure. This is seemingly changing.

The Court Cases

What’s interesting is the proliferation of court cases in recent times. I’ll give my ¢2 on them. Politics Fan vs. The South was the only court case that I agree the most with the courts verdict. Abortion is a right that the Women of Atlasia must have, and, in the decision being similar to Roe v Wade, I agree on the privacy angle. Where I disagree is the statement made by Chief Justice Windjammer on Abortion being unnatural, in fact, when it is. While involuntary and in most cases a shame that it happened to expecting mothers, the body self-aborts in very similar circumstances On either the embryonic or fetal stages of pregnancy. Going to the more disagreeable case, ACP v Lincoln, is where I have to make a statement. While I agree that there should be a tax on these weapons or that the law was written poorly to be constitutional, Section II and III still should have been struck out completely. These sections restrict what kind of non-military grade weapon a person residing in Atlasia may own.

The two pending cases, based on a preamble and nonexistant vote tampering to a sore loser, should be thrown out immediately.

A Few Planks to my Platform
[/b]

1. I believe in liberation of those being oppressed in Atlasia. Whether it be those not conforming to gender or sexual norms (Gay Liberation), national (Indigenous, African American, and Chicano populations), or for the Workers. I’ll be fighting for the little peeps, the oppressed majority in Atlasia if elected.

2. There must be a promotion of proletarian and non-elitist art against the lamestream. To do so, I will introduce early on a film registry in Fremont to show the beauty in this grand region.

3. Environmental protection. Pipelines running through oppressed people’s backyard, Lead in water, and exploitation not in the public good shall be at least tried to permanently cease it if I have a say about it

4. I would be a full backer of most of the Truman Agenda. Our eternal First Minister has rightfully ran this region to greatness, and I’d make sure to keep it there. While good people, Speaker Koopa and Oregon Blue Dog differ in their views on opposing Affirmative action, fair labor rights, and a host of other topics. I’m my own guy, but I do see eye-to-eye on Truman on much of his agenda.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #170 on: April 22, 2020, 10:38:19 AM »

Question of Liberation

What is Liberation? Liberation to me is to equitize society in a way where there is no judgement or second class/caste. That way, something like Trans Liberation should not be limited to one or two days as discussed on here in the past, there should be pride in oneself everyday as we all are beautiful. That is my idea of liberation.

Onto myself, there are days in which I feel that I should not be born a homosexual, a feeling that the future generations should not have to deal with. We must all love ourselves and live to the fullest.

Paramilitary

Recently, there has been a surge of paramilitary groups wreaking havoc in Atlasia. The Proud Boys have waged a war of mostly fists, but it could soon turn nasty. Fremont is huge on this issue, considering the amount of open land and isolated environments that allow sovereign citizens, NeoNazis, and other loons to proliferate. I would take it up to uproot each and every of these groups from Fremont if I had the power.

Mozambique

Recently 52 villagers from the northern part of this country were killed by theocratic bandits. I wish for all of us to give our condolences to the families and the dead the same respect as those who lost their lives in Canada.

If elected, I would be tough on the theocrats at home, like the FLDS who keep girls imprisoned in the same way as Boko Haram. I urge that we all #BringBackOurGirls from the clutches of these insane preachers.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #171 on: April 23, 2020, 04:42:48 PM »

The situation regarding the COVID-19 pandemic turns drastically worse as the death toll rises. People are scarred by the toll of the threat of losing one’s life, the loss of family, the anxiety of the unknown, and the paranoia gripping the nation. What makes such a crisis worse is the real threat that this upcoming economic downturn will be on a scale never before seen since the Great Depression, possibly even worse. Jobs are being lost, and production in the public interest is being compromised.

The international chain of food production and allocation systems recently is on the verge of collapse. What makes it worse is the fact that fear of hunger is preventing reason from arising. We need a drastic solution to prevent breadlines and mass hoarding from tearing up the very fabric of society. We need to realize the scale of this pandemic is a war, needing all options on the table. To be quite frank, we need to institute an emergency ration system.

The inefficient allocation of vital resources such as food is gripping the nation. We see people fighting with all they got for mere toilet paper, now what do you expect will happen if a majority of Atlasia goes hungry? That’s why I propose we learn from history and fight this like our forefathers did in WWII. Currently; food shortages in markets have happened in NYC, Los Angeles, the outskirts of Paris, Wuhan, and many other places to worrying degrees. For areas struck worse by this virus and for isolated settlements, we have but no choice but implement a degree of state planning of allocation of resources, same as what the Cuban government reintroduced with their own ration books.

The pandemic will only get worse as society rips itself apart by a worryingly acceleration of the collapse of society. We have yet to get through even one wave of this virus in the few months we’ve been through this. Winter is coming, and it will come hard.

There must be a discussion about this.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #172 on: April 23, 2020, 04:52:22 PM »

Oh no, are you seriously, unironically arguing for rationing? I suppose that is a good idea if you want to truly throw the economy down the drain for no reason Tongue

Also, as much as I am a proud member of the Labor party, I am certainly against rationing, which has been proven to be a failed policy I believe?
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #173 on: April 23, 2020, 04:52:46 PM »

I concur with this - a program should be implemented to allow the government to issue control on essential goods in times of crisis. Even though things seem to be presently getting better, there is a high risk of another breakout coming this winter, and there is a chance of additional crises occurring years down the road. The hoarding is likely to only get worse unless we implement a program to curtail it.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #174 on: April 23, 2020, 04:56:48 PM »

Let us know when you stop LARPing as a tankie.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 15  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies