Re: Office of PSOL—Beginning of the Institute of Atlasian Progression
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:25:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Re: Office of PSOL—Beginning of the Institute of Atlasian Progression
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 15
Author Topic: Re: Office of PSOL—Beginning of the Institute of Atlasian Progression  (Read 16839 times)
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: April 05, 2020, 10:16:52 PM »

I am leaving the party out of reasons of differing viewpoints, not out of personal reasons.

So it's okay for you but not Westy?
Difference is I was not scheming to hoist myself into office then defect from the party. 
Lol, he would've won as a Fed. The race was literally won by a one vote margin.
Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #126 on: April 05, 2020, 10:25:39 PM »

I am leaving the party out of reasons of differing viewpoints, not out of personal reasons.

Difference is I was not scheming to hoist myself into office then defect from the party. 

Well based on PSOL's argument WM would have expected Labor to be more dominant and seen MB's margin of like 14 votes and Leinad won by around 10, and then think the easiest way to gain power would be winning as a Labor candidate. However I think PSOL's theory here is a bit far-fetched and WM wasn't a Machiavellian schemer who always planned to backstab Labor but was naive and fooled by some whoppers LT fed him in PMs.
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #127 on: April 05, 2020, 10:45:38 PM »

Well based on PSOL's argument WM would have expected Labor to be more dominant and seen MB's margin of like 14 votes and Leinad won by around 10, and then think the easiest way to gain power would be winning as a Labor candidate. However I think PSOL's theory here is a bit far-fetched and WM wasn't a Machiavellian schemer who always planned to backstab Labor but was naive and fooled by some whoppers LT fed him in PMs.
I wish Westy was the sort of Machiavellian schemer who wanted to take full advantage to all of the fools in Labor's camp!

All I did was merely point out how his ideological views would be much more welcome within the Feds and that we need a strong active voice who would have a much more valued place in our party rather than continue to compete with the likes of you, S019, Wulfric, and PSOL for attention while having to obey Labor leadership in making governing decisions as now he clearly has room to govern how he believes is right.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.19, S: 1.22

« Reply #128 on: April 06, 2020, 07:04:32 AM »

I resent these accusations, PSOL.

As I said before, I didn't decide to leave Labor until the day I did.

As I also said before, once I decided to leave the party I did so that day so I would not/could not be accused of scheming to help the Feds if I left after the election (if I had been a part of Laborcord during the election weekend and then left).
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #129 on: April 06, 2020, 07:37:11 AM »

I wish Westy was the sort of Machiavellian schemer who wanted to take full advantage to all of the fools in Labor's camp!

All I did was merely point out how his ideological views would be much more welcome within the Feds and that we need a strong active voice who would have a much more valued place in our party rather than continue to compete with the likes of you, S019, Wulfric, and PSOL for attention while having to obey Labor leadership in making governing decisions as now he clearly has room to govern how he believes is right.

So, you lied to West Midlander? Wink

Also, WM got further than any of Suburban, Wulfric or PSOL; and WM certainly had plenty of margin to govern as he pleased. Labor has had plenty of pro-life and/or pro-gun politicians, and it still does.

I myself have voted against my Labour colleages on several Senate votes. And yet I have absolutely 0 intent of leaving the Labor party. Labor is an big tent party, despite the arguments to the contrary.
West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #130 on: April 06, 2020, 07:48:48 AM »

I assume it's a satirical remark but I don't appreciate the word, "liar," being thrown around.

I was a moderate Laborite and I am a member of the moderate wing of the Federalists.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #131 on: April 06, 2020, 11:09:08 AM »

Seriously, it's really different. PSOL isn't an elected officeholder.

windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #132 on: April 06, 2020, 11:14:38 AM »

I assume it's a satirical remark but I don't appreciate the word, "liar," being thrown around.

I was a moderate Laborite and I am a member of the moderate wing of the Federalists.

You literally bragged about how Griffin wasn't leftwing enough on economic issues lol.

West_Midlander
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #133 on: April 06, 2020, 11:53:14 AM »
« Edited: April 06, 2020, 11:58:17 AM by Southern Gov. West_Midlander »

You literally bragged about how Griffin wasn't leftwing enough on economic issues lol.

"Bragged" is a wild mischaracterization. I asked why he didn't include LGBT rights in his platform and he explained why.

I endorsed him. What would I have been bragging about? To who? Saying he "wasn't leftwing enough" (your words) for what aim? What a ludicrous sling.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #134 on: April 06, 2020, 12:30:07 PM »

Another major factor is that we don’t know how normal Federalists would have reacted to WM campaigning regularly on his own. Depending on how he does it, he’d be too unknown and untrustworthy to be voted for with the same enthusiasm. So no, WM, you did not win on your own nor in a fair way.

Since I’m free to express my mind, electoralism be damned as an afterthought, I will say this. I highly doubt you were immediately misled into being a Fed, no, you are smarter then this. Either you were in contact with someone in the Fed command to defect and act as a con some time before the election, or you purposefully crafted this plan yourself and went to the Feds sometime beforehand. This was not a spontaneous decision.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #135 on: April 06, 2020, 01:03:46 PM »

"Bragged" is a wild mischaracterization. I asked why he didn't include LGBT rights in his platform and he explained why.

I endorsed him. What would I have been bragging about? To who? Saying he "wasn't leftwing enough" (your words) for what aim? What a ludicrous sling.

You had a much more leftwinger persona before I don't understand why you simply don't recognize it?
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #136 on: April 07, 2020, 12:29:48 AM »
« Edited: April 07, 2020, 12:35:58 AM by PSOL »

Time has passed since the initial reaction to this crisis, and I’d like to give my take on how the response has evolved from a now political outsider looking in. While there are matching currents to the previous report, the situation on the ground is evolving quickly.

Federal
The most major change federally is the movement toward “normalcy” in Congress. That is the movement away from debating and focusing time on bills related to the COVID-19 pandemic in Atlasia. What is being discussed seems more like extra amendments to previous legislation then standalone bills.

I say this because in no way are these bills fully complete. The most jarring example is HB 23-13:SUPPORT FOR FRONTLINE WORKERS OF THE 2019-2020 CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC RESOLUTION. While the first three sections are quite unquestionably right and appropriate, it is the last two sections that lack a serious provision. What that is is the undeniable truth that as the frontline against the pandemic, in no way are they being justly compensated for their work in what can be aptly described as a war. I urge Congress to give these workers especially, but what I hope to be given to all the Atlasians working in this time, a much needed pay raise and perk package to take into account the war we are fighting in. It is either that, or we could see mass strikes against employers cutting pay and abusing workers, something I could possibly raise up in an organized fashion against private firms and the state as a member of the Democratic A.C.L.O. Thankfully I feel like many would be interested in a strike given the circumstances.

The remaining bills on the floor as of this post, one in the house and senate, are responses to the changing situation. I’m ok with that, but I gave my response on just throwing money at the situation in my previous post. There is still no work done to get Atlasian manufacturing to produce necessary equipment and other vital areas outside of promising more money, and with strains to hold both the sick and dead due to lack of open space, no definitive action has been taken to utilize the already open space and facilities to house the patients nor bodies. There is also the problem of homeless Atlasians with no home at special risk of this virus, why hasn’t there been work done here in a direct manner?

The President outside of signing bills has not announced any new executive orders or speeches at this point from my last report.

Regions
Firstly, I would like to say that through me speaking up, I managed to get West_Midlander to do his job by enforcing a standardized stay at home order with the other regions. Whether it was too late is a matter to be seen. In the Southern CoD, no work has been done related to the pandemic or much of any other objective for that matter. Other then that there is nothing major to present

Conclusion

While reaction to the changing situation federally has been fast, the core problems I highlighted still remain.
TL;DR:

1. The Federal response has been fast but mixed in both legislative chambers
2. We still need to abandon market friendly solutions for those that actually are in the interest of the public
3. West_Midlander has finally done his job, can’t say the rest about the CoD
4. It seems that bipartisanship is possible in Atlasia, although it isn’t exactly for the possible best for the public.

Oh yeah, the reason I don’t debate on federal or regional elections is because I feel it means little since I cannot vote on them. Frankly the politicians in office need to handle it.

Thank You for your time yet again, Concerned Citizen PSOL
thumb21
YaBB God
Cyprus

Political Matrix
E: -4.42, S: 1.82

« Reply #137 on: April 07, 2020, 09:58:19 AM »

I've been working on bills and amendments to deal with the crisis quite a bit and have basically halted writing any bills on other things so the house certainly isn't returning to "normalcy".

While I appreciate input, I also wish you'd recognise that I'm a human being with real life things to deal with and I can't churn out huge bills on a whim. This is why I've taken the approach of proposing more smaller bills over time, obviously these bills aren't enough alone and we still have a lot to do. The support for frontline workers resolution is meant to deal with the immediate needs of workers in fighting the pandemic and keeping healthy - proper protective equiment and testing to make sure they aren't catching and spreading the disease. Increasing their pay is something I believe in regardless of whether or not there is a pandemic but this is something we have months to think about, we don't have time to delay on testing or PPE.

Thank you for raising the issue of homelessness too, this certainly has to be dealt with.

As for manufacturing the equipment, the Pericles has invoked the Defence Protection Act to do this.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #138 on: April 07, 2020, 12:12:29 PM »

Thank you Thumb21 for your excellent stewardship of the house.

Also what I mean by the return to normalcy was not ignoring this crisis, but that other things in queue are presently debated on the floor.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #139 on: April 08, 2020, 11:47:54 PM »

A major paradox in the Labor party is their purported hatred of factions, manifesting itself in windjammer and other attacking MB for trying to divide the party for participating in a primary. Ultimately MB was talked out of splitting by YE, who unrelatedly told me he did not trust me to run for house, backed up by now President Pericles. Yet even so, very little official pushback has been given to Jimmy7812 creating the now widely spreading Blue Dog Laborite signature, or even recently with the confusion for if he was or was not endorsing Grassr00ts. It’s quite odd, makes me kind of worried that crypto federalists have a wide influence over the party. Must be in my head, right?

Odd how Jimmy has wide support from the upper echelons of the party, the same few moderate Labourites, and many centrist indies. Truly something that makes me think 🤔
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #140 on: April 09, 2020, 08:37:20 AM »

They say liberalism is trying to look for a pie in a sky. I say that only applies to classical liberals.

Labor has a lot of former official liberals like GM Ninja, who has so far provided great stories to increase the nuance in the game. Always so positive though, and unreflective of reality at times. Guess no one likes pessimism, a feature of the Left.

Hear me out, to make chocolate ice cream in such a large scale, you gotta cut costs by diluting it with other flavours of ice cream that are messed up. The strong taste of chocolate masks any difference anyway, but it does change somewhat. I much prefer to know what I’m eating is not like that, as it tastes worse. Once you have something at least pure, you’ll never go back, believe me. It is worth it even if it costs more.

I was really chastised for shilling for Bagel23. Love the guy still, but looking back I did deserve it. It made people uncomfortable, and tbh bagel needs to work on not being a wee bit racist or transphobic (Bagel23, I say this out of friendship). What I’m now confused about is that I wasn’t entirely alone. While only two comments spaced apart from one another, in a conversation dominated by me saying the merits of having Bagel23’s vote to secure the South, at least .05% of that was someone else who quickly agreed with me, and that was my other good friend Jimmy7812. Guess the conversation was going too fast to be noticeable.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #141 on: April 10, 2020, 10:27:24 AM »

The new platform of the Federalists doesn’t tell much of anything at first glance, after all it adopts a nondescript view of mostly how a federal society should run. It is in the implicit context at this point that truly matters. What is implied through this new platform is that the Federalist Party has, for the now, realized that they are a regional party only competitive in the South. Furthermore, the platform allows for plausible deniability since there is no presence in the other regions to account for the Feds being a supposed broad, centre-right party when they are clearly more rigid and extreme.

What is even more telling is the logical conclusion of this and recent buildups. More and more, the major Federalist and right leaning candidates on their slate have relied on Regionalist rhetoric and strategy; getting new recruits into the South mainly, espousing regionalistic jingoism that at times differs little from Neo-Confederatism, and at times seemingly acting in a way for the South’s best interest and not Atlasia. In a way not differing much from ethnic parties like the Inkatha Freedom Party of South Africa, the Federalists do only well in the Southern Region while doing poorly elsewhere. Also, in adopting this new platform, the Federalists are turning their membership outside of the region into de facto supporters of this claimed South, essentially creating a whole host of Copperheads and Border Ruffians in Lincoln and Fremont respectively. Interestingly enough, the only major consistent presence of the right is Independent Federalist and Parliamentarian ASV, who as an urban slicking Australian isn’t quite keen in adopting such an identity.

The Left must respond to these measures by clearly bucking this strategy. They cannot claim the South if they don’t hold it in any reasonable way. There must be a continuation of the 3-region strategy while also leaving such separation of powers toothless away from Nyman. I’m describing an end to most federal vestiges in Atlasia and a transition to a centralized, yet democratic system controlled by the working class.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #142 on: April 10, 2020, 10:32:41 AM »

The Federalist Party has always supported the regions and keeping power there. It's not some new thing.

No point in addressing the rest of your post because once again this is a clear example of someone who clearly has no clue what he is talking about. You aren't even trying to hide it. Plus I'm sure someone who is actually in that party will rightfully put you in your place anyway.

Seriously, PSOL. Educate yourself.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #143 on: April 10, 2020, 10:50:45 AM »

The Federalist Party has always supported the regions and keeping power there. It's not some new thing.

No point in addressing the rest of your post because once again this is a clear example of someone who clearly has no clue what he is talking about. You aren't even trying to hide it. Plus I'm sure someone who is actually in that party will rightfully put you in your place anyway.

The boxing of the Federalist Party to the South, and a basically nondescript platform that hides what the members truly believe, are factual. You can say whatever you want to say as a weak attempt to discredit the truth, but it is what I am telling it like it is.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #144 on: April 10, 2020, 11:05:26 AM »

The boxing of the Federalist Party to the South, and a basically nondescript platform that hides what the members truly believe, are factual. You can say whatever you want to say as a weak attempt to discredit the truth, but it is what I am telling it like it is.

The South has just about always been the Federalist Party's strongest region, another thing that is nothing new.

You can't seriously be this uninformed...
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #145 on: April 10, 2020, 11:41:24 AM »

PSOL, Your homework for tonight from Professor Yankee: https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=80405.msg1658736#msg1658736

Read all 65 pages.

My second post in the thread:

I don't ever recall being brainwashed. Maybe cause this is the only party in Atlasia that cares about restraining Gov't and thus fits very well with my beliefs. All power to the Regions!!!!
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #146 on: April 10, 2020, 11:47:58 AM »

Regionalism as an Atlasian ideology came about because there was no other unifying theme upon which to bring together a right leaning conservative movement in game. Bush era Republicanism was as popular as cancer on Atlas at the time and the Libertarians (of which there were many at the time) wanted nothing to do with the Rick Santorums of the world.

Regionalism became a means by which to bring about a unification of the scattered and disorganized right that was both unifying internally but also provided the flexibility to moderate on issues to be competitive.

This cuts both ways though. In early 2012 I criticized the Whigs because their embrace of hard line social conservatism seemed to risk a similar collapse on the right and I ended up joining the Imperial Bloc, which was non-ideological but pro-region.

Finally, this also was the basis for my criticisms of the ACP both in the context of embracing gov't for conservative ends if the opportunity came about and also the loss of the big tent Regionalist glue that has been fundamental on the right for 10 years.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #147 on: April 10, 2020, 11:52:35 AM »

Also the regionalist aspects of the Federalist Party platform are almost completely unchanged in all the proposals and have existed in the Federalist Party platform since 2014 if not 2012. The core components about separation of powers, about equal representation for regions and the popular interest, about judicial independence and devolution of authority to the regions, are all Rimjob (2013) era flash points for contention.

Finally it seems like PSOL is talking like we have passed a new proposal when it actually we are in the process of voting on amendments to the existing platform.

lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #148 on: April 10, 2020, 12:41:54 PM »

The new platform of the Federalists doesn’t tell much of anything at first glance, after all it adopts a nondescript view of mostly how a federal society should run. It is in the implicit context at this point that truly matters. What is implied through this new platform is that the Federalist Party has, for the now, realized that they are a regional party only competitive in the South. Furthermore, the platform allows for plausible deniability since there is no presence in the other regions to account for the Feds being a supposed broad, centre-right party when they are clearly more rigid and extreme.

What is even more telling is the logical conclusion of this and recent buildups. More and more, the major Federalist and right leaning candidates on their slate have relied on Regionalist rhetoric and strategy; getting new recruits into the South mainly, espousing regionalistic jingoism that at times differs little from Neo-Confederatism, and at times seemingly acting in a way for the South’s best interest and not Atlasia. In a way not differing much from ethnic parties like the Inkatha Freedom Party of South Africa, the Federalists do only well in the Southern Region while doing poorly elsewhere. Also, in adopting this new platform, the Federalists are turning their membership outside of the region into de facto supporters of this claimed South, essentially creating a whole host of Copperheads and Border Ruffians in Lincoln and Fremont respectively. Interestingly enough, the only major consistent presence of the right is Independent Federalist and Parliamentarian ASV, who as an urban slicking Australian isn’t quite keen in adopting such an identity.

The Left must respond to these measures by clearly bucking this strategy. They cannot claim the South if they don’t hold it in any reasonable way. There must be a continuation of the 3-region strategy while also leaving such separation of powers toothless away from Nyman. I’m describing an end to most federal vestiges in Atlasia and a transition to a centralized, yet democratic system controlled by the working class.
Can you show any recent new recruit not from the South that was placed in the south?
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #149 on: April 10, 2020, 01:04:43 PM »

So it seems like I was wrong, apparently this process actually started a long, long time ago.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 15  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies