Re: Office of PSOL—Beginning of the Institute of Atlasian Progression
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:28:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Re: Office of PSOL—Beginning of the Institute of Atlasian Progression
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 15
Author Topic: Re: Office of PSOL—Beginning of the Institute of Atlasian Progression  (Read 16846 times)
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: February 23, 2020, 10:53:10 PM »

Also, the votes that Fhtagn gets from Feds, are Feds that are her personal vote. They were not "sent" to her. She had them before she left and she has "kept" them by and large as a personal non-ACP vote.

Yes, "the right" is just incompetent with respect to standing up to or asserting control over select individuals within its ranks. Literally half of the instances in which the right has lost the House post-reset has been because fhtagn hoards first preferences like a fatty hoards carbs in their belly. Truly shameful, disorganized and weak-willed behavior is largely to blame for your current congressional predicament. Everybody on the left has a good laugh in every election when she gets like 20 first preferences while every other candidate has like 4 or 5.

The ironic thing is, for a long time, TNF was a target for admiration even among some center-left types. Libertarians also liked him because like MB today, he was a devout social libertarian.

He was also pro-gun and VERY pro explosives:

By a vote of 6-3 this amendment has passed and is sent to the regions for ratification:

Aye: Bore, Polnut, JCL, Windjammer, Bacon King, Cranberry

Nay: Yankee, TNF, Deus

Are you really going to point out that vote: the one where jambles tricked JCL into voting for it when he really wanted to vote against it?

Ok bgwah. He used to throw that around.

You guys have won pv for House consistently most Everytime we lost house. Distribution is meaningless when you lose the pv, you ain't winning a majority. 

I have told you a million times they don't want to be controlled like that. Conservatives aren't liberals or leftists they will tell you to f off and leave.

To be fair that is very weird and interesting. There is a saying in real life that "liberals fall in love, conservatives fall in line".  What is stopping conservative zombies from falling in line for whatever Federalist candidate needs votes, just like irl they would presumably vote for whichever Republican candidate is in the ballot?
Terry the Fat Shark
Junior Chimp
United States

P P
« Reply #101 on: February 23, 2020, 11:10:15 PM »

Przestań się kłócić i zaakceptuj, że praca kontra federaliści nie mają znaczenia. Prawo i sprawiedliwość to przyszłość.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #102 on: February 24, 2020, 03:17:17 AM »

Also, the votes that Fhtagn gets from Feds, are Feds that are her personal vote. They were not "sent" to her. She had them before she left and she has "kept" them by and large as a personal non-ACP vote.

Yes, "the right" is just incompetent with respect to standing up to or asserting control over select individuals within its ranks. Literally half of the instances in which the right has lost the House post-reset has been because fhtagn hoards first preferences like a fatty hoards carbs in their belly. Truly shameful, disorganized and weak-willed behavior is largely to blame for your current congressional predicament. Everybody on the left has a good laugh in every election when she gets like 20 first preferences while every other candidate has like 4 or 5.

The ironic thing is, for a long time, TNF was a target for admiration even among some center-left types. Libertarians also liked him because like MB today, he was a devout social libertarian.

He was also pro-gun and VERY pro explosives:

By a vote of 6-3 this amendment has passed and is sent to the regions for ratification:

Aye: Bore, Polnut, JCL, Windjammer, Bacon King, Cranberry

Nay: Yankee, TNF, Deus

Are you really going to point out that vote: the one where jambles tricked JCL into voting for it when he really wanted to vote against it?

Ok bgwah. He used to throw that around.

You guys have won pv for House consistently most Everytime we lost house. Distribution is meaningless when you lose the pv, you ain't winning a majority. 

I have told you a million times they don't want to be controlled like that. Conservatives aren't liberals or leftists they will tell you to f off and leave.

To be fair that is very weird and interesting. There is a saying in real life that "liberals fall in love, conservatives fall in line".  What is stopping conservative zombies from falling in line for whatever Federalist candidate needs votes, just like irl they would presumably vote for whichever Republican candidate is in the ballot?

Because conservatives are conditioned to distrust what the leadership is doing. Especially in the US.
Deep Dixieland Senator, Muad'dib (OSR MSR)
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #103 on: February 24, 2020, 04:59:28 AM »

Przestań się kłócić i zaakceptuj, że praca kontra federaliści nie mają znaczenia. Prawo i sprawiedliwość to przyszłość.
Gehen Sie zurück nach Fremont.
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #104 on: February 24, 2020, 10:51:19 AM »

Gehen Sie zurück nach Frémont.

Parlant allemand à quelqu'un qui parle polonais ? Je veux dire, allez-y, je suppose.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #105 on: February 24, 2020, 12:40:07 PM »

I think we have enough discussion on the WM fiasco. On other matters, concerning the rise in speculation of a senate run, I can safely assure the people here that I am not running. As someone who even functionally disagrees with a bicameral government, even much in the way of the current federal system, it would make very little sense for me to enter an institution I wish to abolish, especially concerning that I’d just be voted down endlessly on this objective enough to crash my career. I will be running for other offices and position at the most latest in April.

Anyway, on conditions in Fremont, I urge that we unite for the speakership of parliamentarian Koopa of Iowa, a hard working success story who has done much for the region. A speaker ASV would not be for the people, and frankly would be mismanaged. Koopa, while moderate, is the senior member of L/P out of the likes of junior parliamentarians Ishan or Oregon Blue Dog in this session of parliament.

Nationally, I would like to congratulate the hard work done to elect the wonderful member of L/P; President Pericles, former Senator MB, declared Senator Tack and Scott—along with the work to get Elcaspar, Razze, thumb21, roblox, and others from this grand coalition into the house. To those disheartened by events in the south, I say do not worry, for the days of Federalist control of anything are numbered. We just gotta come more prepared, more alert, and more energetic to channel our energies to get across the finish line.

For now, I will continue working for the grand President Pericles in his councils to pass directives and shift the executives actions for the majority of Atlasia, instead of the elite few.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #106 on: February 24, 2020, 01:18:41 PM »

The Federalist Party or its direct antecedents (that merged to form it) have existed since January 2012. There have been countless people have counted us out, predicted our imminent or proclaimed our certain death. You may defeat us, but we will always come back. We always have and we always will! 
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #107 on: February 26, 2020, 05:21:52 AM »

Haven't you heard!?! Winning by 1 vote in an election ackschually gives you more of a mandate to do whatever than winning by multiple votes.

I thought the magic number was six Wink
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #108 on: February 26, 2020, 05:33:33 AM »

Haven't you heard!?! Winning by 1 vote in an election ackschually gives you more of a mandate to do whatever than winning by multiple votes.

I thought the magic number was six Wink

It's actually sixty-eight!
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #109 on: February 26, 2020, 09:10:46 AM »

I ask my fellow Atlasians to refrain from continuing on hammering soundbites on the previous topic, as that chapter is now at a close in this office. Thank You.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #110 on: February 27, 2020, 12:55:32 AM »

I ask my fellow Atlasians to refrain from continuing on hammering soundbites on the previous topic, as that chapter is now at a close in this office. Thank You.

I can solve this problem while I am here, no extra charge.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #111 on: February 28, 2020, 01:33:52 AM »

Who is with me in bringing Labor to the new decade?
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #112 on: February 28, 2020, 09:16:48 AM »

My Platform
  • Quality Performance You can Trust:In my time in Atlasia, I’ve always been trying to set a certain bar for myself in what I set out for. This can be observable in my time in regional offices, my work with the party and president, and my tenure as chair of the A.C.L.O.
  • A Searcher for the Cream, Always having no Chaff::We in the party are having an existential crisis of underperformance due to a lack of a cultivated backbench. We need to focus more heavily on candidate recruitment so as to ensure that we contest each election fresher then the last, and ensure that newer players have a chance to succeed
  • Experience One can Attest by Cordial Relations:In many ways, I do a lot of this work already. I’ve worked before on GOTVing at the party’s orders and pro bono for the party’s candidates. In my time active as a citizen and a politician, I’ve made many connections across friends and allies that make me capable to ensure good turnout. After all, I have gotten swing voters to preference our candidates highly or for amendments.
  • Whipping us into Shape: I am someone always looking at what could be improved. As someone who has always fought for the plebeian, I will ensure that labor attests to its name as a successful worker’s party. Such things that attest to it is my communication on regional bills with my colleagues in Fremont and Lincoln in the past, to create passable yet tangential change to Atlasia
  • Accountability you can Trust: I am they kind of person that knows that communication through smoke filled rooms is the old way of doing politics. I will make myself open for comments, criticism, and coordination to achieve my goals as General Secretary of the Labor Party
I am now open for questions by the general public.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #113 on: March 05, 2020, 02:31:05 PM »

The race for General Secretary is still ongoing, and we still have a shot to change things up. For something radically new and accountable to the lefts’ voters, vote for me for General Secretary.

While tack50 would in no doubt be an honorable and efficient General Secretary, he would differ very little in what has been the standard. I would be more accountable to the voters of the party, and allow for more choice in finding our slate, than he would be. I have gotten voters like Bagel23 to vote for our slate before, and my work cutting through partisanship has gotten progressive platforms through. I point to the Tiered progressive gas taxes; which was passed by a majority of independents, Laborites, Paxists, and even Federalist voters. I have the ability to excite people to get the votes needed to pass progressive legislation.

My work far surpasses such early parts of my career, as testament to me always being the attack dog against secessionists and do nothing GMs. In fact, these values did allow for the complete turnaround of the A.C.L.O. into the largest and most active non-electoral organization in Atlasia.

For accountability and quality you can trust, vote for PSOL for General Secretary of this grand Labor Party.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #114 on: March 05, 2020, 06:05:32 PM »

The race for General Secretary is still ongoing, and we still have a shot to change things up. For something radically new and accountable to the lefts’ voters, vote for me for General Secretary.

While tack50 would in no doubt be an honorable and efficient General Secretary, he would differ very little in what has been the standard. I would be more accountable to the voters of the party, and allow for more choice in finding our slate, than he would be. I have gotten voters like Bagel23 to vote for our slate before, and my work cutting through partisanship has gotten progressive platforms through. I point to the Tiered progressive gas taxes; which was passed by a majority of independents, Laborites, Paxists, and even Federalist voters. I have the ability to excite people to get the votes needed to pass progressive legislation.

My work far surpasses such early parts of my career, as testament to me always being the attack dog against secessionists and do nothing GMs. In fact, these values did allow for the complete turnaround of the A.C.L.O. into the largest and most active non-electoral organization in Atlasia.

For accountability and quality you can trust, vote for PSOL for General Secretary of this grand Labor Party.

Well, I will not deny I am more of the "status quo" candidate, but when the Labor Party and the Atlasian left in general has won all elections since June 2019 it is not a bad thing at all to keep the current electoral status quo for years to come Tongue

I will fight back against the claim that you would be more flexible in finding (presumably) our House and regional slates. For the regions quite simply given the lack of talent and general uncontested elections, anyone who wants it (within limits) will end up in the slate.

Federally it is harder to decide who gets promoted and who doesn't, but there are several key factors. Some are more easy to measure like activity and experience, but others are harder like popularity.

At the end of the day, promotions to the federal level work simply on a principle of "Being there on the right place at the right time"; as my very own career shows.

If we are talking about policy, I do recognize your efforts but it's not like I've been sitting around doing nothing Tongue I have passed just as many progressive policies, also as well though bipartisanship. But this is irrelevant to the job of general secretary anyways which is actually a more electorally focused job.

In any case, good luck with the race! Smiley
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #115 on: March 06, 2020, 09:00:47 PM »

So close, we were so close, but this doesn’t have to be painted as a bad thing. Both me and tack50 are great people to be chosen for this position. I congratulate both tack50 and my voters for the exciting time we had.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #116 on: March 11, 2020, 09:55:03 PM »

The recent pandemic of COVID-19 needs action from all levels of government in coordination with one another. While there is ideas formulating and some executive action already taken, I think it’s probably for the best to start preventing the further spread of outbreaks through quarantines and bans on public gatherings in areas hit hard by the virus. By the rise in cases worldwide, battling this pandemic is issue #1.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #117 on: March 21, 2020, 06:26:28 PM »

Thank you President Pericles for your stewardship during this crisis. Atlasians are far more calm and secure with you at the helm of this crisis.

Thank you First Minister HarrySTruman, Governor Jimmy7812, and you as well Governor West_Midlander for your stewardship. The regional response has been exemplary.

Outside of regional and federal executives, there is also the tireless work done by many tireless regional and federal representatives, along with the presidential council, and senators who have done so much in these turbulent times. Atlasians thank you.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #118 on: March 25, 2020, 10:12:02 PM »

Hello my Fellow Atlasians, I bring forth this speech out of goodwill and care for our people to hear a summarization of recent events. Currently, COVID-19 is infecting new patients at an exponential rate, causing major issues with our healthcare system, our economy, and our ways of life. I’m unsurprised that it could have done such damage already, what with the objective deterioration of Capitalism itself in its inability to deal with the most minutiae or outside problems, leaving us boxed in like this. In a response to this ongoing crisis, there was a decentralized response by the Executive Cabinet and legislative branch to come up with solutions, as well as regional action in the interlude. The problem is that the current response to this crisis is weak and uncoordinated for the best of the people of Atlasia.

Note: The below is all my personal opinion of what is occurring in the Nation.

Federal
Firstly, let me again thank the speedy work of President Pericles in conducting executive action and his work in the Chambers of Governace. The speed of this decision, or at least what I was aware of, will be finalized once we get news of the totality of this epidemic in Atlasia by The Citizens Daily. As of right no w, I do not see issues on the effectiveness of the President nor his cabinet.

Things start to get mixed when we look at the results brought forth by the ref of the Federal Government. Firstly, it seems like old pitfalls are occurring in both chambers. Currently passed in the House of Representatives is HB 23-02: Coronavirus Containment and Emergency Response Act. By all accounts the speed of its passage is a feat onto itself, and demonstrates the best of what is possible in the worst of times. It recognizes that there needs to be allocation of money and resources to fight this battle, while also pressuring local citizens to not break social distancing and quarantine measures, along with other measures. The problem lies in how this bill manages to procure supplies needed to stay safe and treat this pandemic. Currently, S.8 C.1 only gives 61,000,000 to procure supplies. While that should help keep us buying needed supplies, I fear it is inefficient given the circumstances. Private Firms have been proven time and time again through this crisis to be inefficient in allocating resources and funding to providing an ample supply of these goods. In fact, they have seemingly shot themselves in the foot being preoccupied with profit as Atlasians fend for themselves in creating makeshift masks and other essentials. Given the blatant failure of a market seen here, as they always do, I call upon an emergency revision to follow the lead of other nations such as Spain and completely nationalize the supply chain for the good of invaluable lives. Ultimately, in dealing with public needs in public facilities, greater coordination is necessary as is rightful measures to conserve lives. In the event of a shortage of facilities or beds, I also call upon our legislators to follow international action and norms by appropriating private facilities without compensation at this point.

Moving on, we see several more glaringly awful market-based solutions being introduced in the House. HB 23-05: Emergency Economic Stimulus Act of 2020 introduces an emergency UBI programme alongside other measures. I am ok with the UBI portion, as we are dealing with many not working so as to not spread and infect more people, as theorized would be a good application for this type of programme. What I disagree with is the irresponsible slashing of Corporate and Income taxes for Big Business. If anything has been proven again and again, it is that slashing taxes on the upper quintiles or taxpayers is irresponsible and counterproductive. I believe the range between $50k-130k should be left alone as it is currently while raising the taxes of the Million-and-billionaires. Let’s return to wartime taxes of the 1940’s and fight this silent enemy properly with a 70% tax rate on the upper 10%.

The final grave error with the last section of this bill and HB 23–04:More Money for Hurting Small Businesses Act is the huge sums of money we are just handing away to private enterprises with insufficient strings. At least the prior bill has restrictions so as to not let corruption of public funds meant to alleviate this crisis occur, but the latter bill has none. I urge the HoR to have the same restrictions on all businesses small or large, and realize a fundamental principle. With the massive shutdown we are facing, I doubt most businesses can last in this atmosphere. That is why I propose converting these bailouts into loans and acquiring stakes in these private firms if possible. More politically charged, it may be time to create a national publicly owned ministry or cabinet position to run the enterprises in the public’s interest and stake by proxy. Anything else is leaving things to the chaos of the market and profiteering off the ill and destitute.

The Senate has seen similar mistakes being introduced in having similar editions to the above but failing to tackle crucial discernment.

Regions
Firstly, let us start with Fremont. Current First Minister HarrySTruman has done a wonderful job in what regional capacity he has. The FM has quickly responded to the changing situation in this crisis by Executive Order and submitting legislation. Such legislation includes, from all sponsors in Fremont; FT 15.08: Frémont Emergency Schooling Act currently on the floor. All in all, the region has been solid in the face of this debacle.

Lincoln’s response by its executive and council has been similar, but there remains differences. The Governor has also responded quickly and with notice of changing scientific conditions of the virus. There is no complaint here The issue I am seeing is that the Governor is interjecting himself into federal legislation to show disdain for lukewarm responses to this virus perceived as market-unfriendly. The council, meanwhile, has passed worker protections and funding to handle the problem regionally.

Perhaps the worst response across the board is the only region with major presence by the Atlasian Right, but even the local labor councilors are not held accountable to the people. Firstly, Governor West _Midlander is nowhere to be seen demonstrating leadership during this time. Further investigation reveals that he made an incomplete order that does not aptly protect the Southern Region. It seems all that the Governor is preoccupied with is campaigning for fellow allies in the next election The Council, sadly in a bipartisan manner, has done squat to address the Virus, with only one tangentially related bill in queue. I fear that after the curve flattens in Labor dominated Fremont and Lincoln, the South will be a zone home to the virus for much longer, threatening the ability of the other two regions. Given the seriousness of these matters, either the South has to shape up or risk being quarantined by the Federal and regional security forces in order to lessen risks, being cataclysmic to our economy.

Conclusion

The Federalist Party has failed the nation yet again, so why are we passing lukewarm bills to pass easy when lives are at stake? We have provided the right with legislative victories by caving to the wills of Capital instead of the public as a party here. We need to shift to the correct track.

TL;DR:

1. The Federal response has been mixed in both legislative chambers
2. We need to abandon market friendly solutions for those that actually are in the interest of the public
3. Regional actors need to be involved too
4. The Feds and our inactive or counterproductive members need to shape up here for the good of invaluable lives at stake

Thank You for your time, Concerned Citizen PSOL
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #119 on: April 02, 2020, 06:52:11 PM »
« Edited: April 03, 2020, 09:07:08 AM by PSOL »

I am leaving the party out of reasons of differing viewpoints, not out of personal reasons. The recent pandemic, along with what I believe is the gutting of the Red-Green New Deal by the federal labor politicians in tandem with the Federalists, has made me feel like I must leave the party or betray my principles. I hope this does not cause a cleavage between me and the many great members of the Labor (Aristocratic) Party.

While I was inspired by Senator Scott to leave, I am not leaving due to the recent stance on guns taken by the party.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #120 on: April 03, 2020, 01:40:36 AM »

PSOL, be back soon!
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #121 on: April 05, 2020, 09:34:48 PM »

Rejoin the peace party!
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #122 on: April 05, 2020, 10:05:27 PM »

If the party goes back to its original principles, then maybe.
Muaddib
Australia

« Reply #123 on: April 05, 2020, 10:05:47 PM »

I am leaving the party out of reasons of differing viewpoints, not out of personal reasons.

So it's okay for you but not Westy?
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #124 on: April 05, 2020, 10:07:57 PM »

I am leaving the party out of reasons of differing viewpoints, not out of personal reasons.

So it's okay for you but not Westy?
Difference is I was not scheming to hoist myself into office then defect from the party. 
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 15  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies