Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v2
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 01:41:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v2
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 ... 78
Author Topic: Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v2  (Read 106960 times)
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1275 on: September 22, 2019, 03:03:28 PM »

Well, not a panic that he's crashing and burning. But I think it's obvious he's no longer the well and ahead frontrunner he was in the early summer.
izixs
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.31, S: -6.51

« Reply #1276 on: September 22, 2019, 03:22:38 PM »

As someone who wants to keep Biden as far from the presidency as possible, who sees him as the most useless sort of politician, and who knows the crud all across his record... this story is bonkers. And... given its an obvious manufactured controversy of the most blatant sort it is easy to use it as another example of the Republicans trying to cheat.

But yet there will be people on the right who will parrot it as the biggest terrible thing ever. And that means Fox will do the same. And thus less partisan media will be 'forced' to report on it too.

Bleh. Its sooooooo dumb and yet one of those things we might have foisted into the public discussion for months and months because of the failings of our media and the constant pump of the right wing propaganda machine.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1277 on: September 22, 2019, 03:32:51 PM »
« Edited: September 22, 2019, 03:40:59 PM by Ghost of Ruin »

Yes.

I’ll point this out also:

Cartoonist and nutbar Scott Adams is a walking piece of animate scum. It is no surprise that he would attempt to defend Donald Trump, though the "hen was just asking questions" approach is a new one.

Better question: If it would be malfeasance for Biden to withhold money from Ukraine's government until it did what he wanted, why would it be legal for Trump to do the same thing?

The Hunter Biden connection will hurt his father, regardless of whether it is true or not, because our media is an excellent echo chamber, and poor at conveying truth. And if it wasn't this, it would be something else. The GOP is going to throw a mountain of filth and lies the size of Trump's ego at any Democratic nominee.

What's up in the air is whether or not this attempt at deflection by the lying criminal traitors of the Republican party will succeed at obscuring the bottom line:

Donald Trump has publicly confessed to criminal abuse of office for political gain.

Personally, I hope this does take Biden out, because I do not think he will be able to effectively face the GOP's eager abandonment of decency and democracy.
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1278 on: September 22, 2019, 03:57:58 PM »

Biden is such a repulsive, cringe-worthy candidate. Truly wish he hadn't ran again, he brings basically nothing good to the table and it's going to be annoying watching him fail again and again and slowly tumble into defeat.

He could of course collapse, but he hasn't collapsed in the five or six plus months that people have been predicting he will.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1279 on: September 22, 2019, 04:20:55 PM »

"Biden will collapse any day now" says increasingly nervous man for 1,000th time in the last year as Jim Crow Joe picks up the Emanuel Cleaver endorsement.

Biden is such a repulsive, cringe-worthy candidate. Truly wish he hadn't ran again, he brings basically nothing good to the table and it's going to be annoying watching him fail again and again and slowly tumble into defeat.

I think if you use more nasty words he'll collapse faster.  Cause you weren't convincing me with "repulsive" or "cringe-worthy" or "failure" but if you call him "disgusting" and say he's "sunsetting" you might change my mind.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1280 on: September 22, 2019, 04:54:50 PM »

"Biden will collapse any day now" says increasingly nervous man for 1,000th time in the last year as Jim Crow Joe picks up the Emanuel Cleaver endorsement.

I think if you use more nasty words he'll collapse faster.  Cause you weren't convincing me with "repulsive" or "cringe-worthy" or "failure" but if you call him "disgusting" and say he's "sunsetting" you might change my mind.

You're like this election cycle's version of IceSpear circa the 2016 Primary season Roll Eyes
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #1281 on: September 22, 2019, 06:41:22 PM »

I think if you use more nasty words he'll collapse faster.  Cause you weren't convincing me with "repulsive" or "cringe-worthy" or "failure" but if you call him "disgusting" and say he's "sunsetting" you might change my mind.

You're like this election cycle's version of IceSpear circa the 2016 Primary season Roll Eyes

Remember the halcyon days of 2015 when I was the biggest hack on the forum? Now I'm getting upstaged left and right. Sad
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #1282 on: September 22, 2019, 06:46:37 PM »
« Edited: September 22, 2019, 06:53:40 PM by IceSpear »

He could of course collapse, but he hasn't collapsed in the five or six plus months that people have been predicting he will.

Predicting Biden would collapse in spring/summer when most Americans are barely even paying attention was always pretty silly. A slow decline, maybe. But a collapse was always unlikely barring a massive scandal. Atlas seems to think that most Democratic primary voters are obsessively following every single news cycle with bated breath when in reality most people do not give a sh*t this early. It's a very bad, annoying, and persistent habit of political junkies.

If he does collapse, which obviously is not guaranteed, it would probably be after a poor showing in one or more of the initial contests when many more people are actually following the race and are more willing to explore the other options.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #1283 on: September 22, 2019, 06:52:02 PM »

Predicting Biden would collapse in spring/summer when most Americans are barely even paying attention was always pretty silly. A slow decline, maybe. But a collapse was always unlikely barring a massive scandal. Atlas seems to think that most Democratic primary voters are following every single news cycle with bated breath when in reality most people do not give a sh*t this early. It's a very bad, annoying, and persistent habit of political junkies.

If he does collapse, which obviously is not guaranteed, it would probably be after a poor showing in one or more of the initial contests when many more people are actually following the race and are more willing to explore the other options.

I believe that Biden will eventually lose to Warren. But the hysteria exhibited by the supporters of other candidates is becoming tiresome. Watching their reactions one might believe that Uncle Joe eats a live baby every day on primetime tv.
TrendsareUsuallyReal
TrendsareReal
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1284 on: September 22, 2019, 08:09:05 PM »

Predicting Biden would collapse in spring/summer when most Americans are barely even paying attention was always pretty silly. A slow decline, maybe. But a collapse was always unlikely barring a massive scandal. Atlas seems to think that most Democratic primary voters are following every single news cycle with bated breath when in reality most people do not give a sh*t this early. It's a very bad, annoying, and persistent habit of political junkies.

I believe that Biden will eventually lose to Warren. But the hysteria exhibited by the supporters of other candidates is becoming tiresome. Watching their reactions one might believe that Uncle Joe eats a live baby every day on primetime tv.

Yeah you would think he is the antichrist the way some Democrats lose their minds about him.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #1285 on: September 22, 2019, 09:18:22 PM »
« Edited: September 22, 2019, 09:24:31 PM by S019 »

This is Biden's best moment of the campaign.

I'm sorry.... he should be calling for impeachment. This man broke the law to go after you and your family and you are still so wrapped up in this archaic, genteel, fake veneer of civility that you won't call for impeachment? K.

Impeachment is a very polarizing issue. It is not particularly politically expedient for a candidate running for President, to come out in favor of impeaching their opponent.

He is the best shot to defeat Trump. Also much of his platform is pretty much, the mainstream Democratic Party, the progressive wing needs to admit that much of their agenda is just not feasible. Biden is a perfectly acceptable candidate for the Democratic Party, and the progressive agenda cannot just be implemented overnight, as many progressives wish. Another thing is that comments like these from progressives were the reason that Democrats lost in 2016, because progressives wanted to set litmus tests for which candidate, they would support. Also either way, Congress won't pass the Bernie/Warren agenda and these far-left proposals make Democrats more unelectable. Biden, however will actually be able to implement what he is running on, and he will make at least some progress.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #1286 on: September 22, 2019, 11:18:00 PM »

He is the best shot to defeat Trump. Also much of his platform is pretty much, the mainstream Democratic Party, the progressive wing needs to admit that much of their agenda is just not feasible. Biden is a perfectly acceptable candidate for the Democratic Party, and the progressive agenda cannot just be implemented overnight, as many progressives wish. Another thing is that comments like these from progressives were the reason that Democrats lost in 2016, because progressives wanted to set litmus tests for which candidate, they would support. Also either way, Congress won't pass the Bernie/Warren agenda and these far-left proposals make Democrats more unelectable. Biden, however will actually be able to implement what he is running on, and he will make at least some progress.

Wow, there's a full-throated endorsement if I've ever heard one. Mind if I put that on my bumper?

HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1287 on: September 23, 2019, 01:26:44 AM »

No, if anything it helps

Yes.

If the administration thought Joe or Hunter Biden committed a crime they investigate through the proper channels in US law enforcement. Bringing foreign intelligence into it was just an attempt to keep their inquiry a secret (since it was corrupt and politically motivated) and to try and avoid any oversight on it. If this was a normal part of doing their jobs the administration would not have made such an effort to keep it from Congress.

If Trump wants to make sure the winner of the next election isn't compromised by foreign entities the best thing for him to do would be to drop out.
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1288 on: September 23, 2019, 01:28:40 AM »

Wow, there's a full-throated endorsement if I've ever heard one. Mind if I put that on my bumper?

"Perfectly Acceptable" is better than almost all the major party nominees of the past 50-60 years so that sounds good to me!
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1289 on: September 23, 2019, 01:34:53 AM »

Now that this has become a major headline and proves one more power abuse by Mr. Trump, wouldn't surprise to see a Biden bump in some polls.
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1290 on: September 23, 2019, 01:42:01 AM »

I want to know how the hell hunter biden landed a job as an energy consultant getting paid 50k A MONTH with zero background in the field.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #1291 on: September 23, 2019, 01:44:04 AM »

I want to know how the hell hunter biden landed a job as an energy consultant getting paid 50k A MONTH with zero background in the field.

The same reason that Neil Bush got paid a ton of money by a Chinese semiconductor company.
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1292 on: September 23, 2019, 01:47:30 AM »

Yes.

I heard Scott Adams and Donald Trump raped women while with Jeffrey Epstein.  I don't know for certain if that's true, but I'm just asking questions.
Coldstream
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -6.59, S: 1.20

P P
« Reply #1293 on: September 23, 2019, 02:52:25 AM »

No. If anything it will help him because it’s so obviously stupid.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #1294 on: September 23, 2019, 02:57:39 AM »

Yes.

Yes, threatening to withhold aid if you don't dig up some dirt on your political opponent is "just asking questions."

Never mind that the reason Joe Biden, Barack Obama, most of the Ukrainian people, and the entire Western liberal democratic community wanted to oust the prosecutor at the heart of this non-scandal is that he was too RELUCTANT to go after corruption cases, which undermines the entire "theory."

But if idiots are going to once again grasp at straws to come up with some ridiculous nonsense "scandal" again just like they did with the emails, I hate to say it but I guess that could hurt. Doubt it hurts Joe as much as Hillary though, because he has never been as tarnished as she was.
American2020
Côte d'Ivoire

« Reply #1295 on: September 23, 2019, 06:55:52 AM »

Illini Moderate
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -4.00

« Reply #1296 on: September 23, 2019, 07:15:06 AM »

Biden, Hilary and Ed Rendell need to unite behind a real candidate, Warren who is fighting, and doesnt have ethical challenges.

Yes, Biden will lose to Warren, black vote will fall off if he loses IA, NH and NV. Blacks in SC and Deep South think that Biden is Obama. Blacks in Cali, IL and MI know better

That's a pretty insulting take. Many black voters are much more moderate than white liberals as a whole. While being Obama's VP is certainly beneficial many black voters are drawn to Biden for his moderation. Warren and Bernie's plans to spend trillions to make college and healthcare free, wipe existing debt, and kick millions off the insurance plans they chose are unappealing to many. Simply attributing his support among black voters to "them thinking he is Obama" is both naive and insulting to their intelligence.
Illini Moderate
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -4.00

« Reply #1297 on: September 23, 2019, 07:17:51 AM »

I don't see how it damages him with anyone but people who are already planning on enthusiastically voting for Trump. There is no evidence to support the idea that Biden bribed or pressured anyone with anything to do with Hunter. There is no FBI investigation (like Hillary) and Biden isn't already widely viewed as corrupt (also like Hillary).
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #1298 on: September 23, 2019, 07:20:54 AM »

This story has as much merit as Hillary's e-mails.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #1299 on: September 23, 2019, 08:15:19 AM »

Warren is the alternative to Biden. Biden already had three scandals; women harrassment, busing segregation and now Ukraine. It shows Dems, that Biden is similar to Trump, by his racial stereotypes. WWC men dont care about it, but females matter and they are 55% of the population.  Just like the rust belt; WI, PA and MI, make up lion share of women voters. As a result of Trump sterotypes and Pence Quayle demeanor, Trump will be hard pressed to get reelected
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 ... 78  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies