Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v2
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 04:38:16 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v2
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 78
Author Topic: Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v2  (Read 106816 times)
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #400 on: July 31, 2019, 10:30:28 PM »

I might vote for Biden if he's nominated.  I might register Democratic for the primary to vote for him.  He's one of the few Democrats that make a lick of sense.

I like Gabbard and Bennet and I have respect for Inslee.

Harris is one of the most awful people I've ever seen in politics.  Gillibrand is giving her competition in the race to the bottom. 
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #401 on: July 31, 2019, 10:42:46 PM »

This debate like a dead-horse, only made it even more clear that letting Trump get re-elected would be a better outcome than putting this guy up to it.

morgankingsley
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #402 on: July 31, 2019, 11:43:27 PM »

I would say he has the best chance out of any 65 and above candidate
Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #403 on: August 01, 2019, 08:57:03 AM »

Looking forward to the 2020 Presidential debate between two senile 70 year olds who have only the vaguest idea where they are.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #404 on: August 01, 2019, 12:21:05 PM »
« Edited: August 01, 2019, 12:29:26 PM by RussFeingoldWasRobbed »

Biden's anti single payer crud is despicable. He's attacking Harris for supporting a bill that's not even that radical and would take 10 years to get MFA! Does he really care more about Obama's "Legacy" then people in this country that don't have healthcare? It's sickening.(BTW, Obama supports MFA Uncle Joe!). I know voting Green is not really productive but I'm going to have a very hard time voting for him in the general
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #405 on: August 01, 2019, 12:33:04 PM »

Biden's anti single payer crud is despicable. He's attacking Harris for supporting a bill that's not even that radical and would take 10 years to get MFA! Does he really care more about Obama's "Legacy" then people in this country that don't have healthcare? It's sickening.(BTW, Obama supports MFA Uncle Joe!). I know voting Green is not really productive but I'm going to have a very hard time voting for him in the general
Kamala disappointed me in that exchange! She let him gaslight and be disingenuous about the costs. She needs to tighten that up considering she'll be on the stage with him/Warren/Sanders next time.

Anyway-- Biden really said "Go to Joe 30330" LOL.

But yeah he's going to dismantle Trump on the debate stage. Roll Eyes

Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #406 on: August 01, 2019, 01:16:15 PM »

Kamala disappointed me in that exchange! She let him gaslight and be disingenuous about the costs. She needs to tighten that up considering she'll be on the stage with him/Warren/Sanders next time.

President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #407 on: August 01, 2019, 01:17:59 PM »

A German newspaper commtended this with the phrase: "Grandpa is discovering the internet". Tongue Even as Biden supporter, I admit it was quite funny.
libertpaulian
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #408 on: August 01, 2019, 01:54:57 PM »

Trump was a total moron in the October debates, and he won.
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #409 on: August 01, 2019, 01:57:56 PM »

Oh my god how self centered can this forum get. No Hillary did not lose to Trump because of a buch woke far left liberals decided to stay home because Hillary wasn't good enough for them. The world and politics do not revolve around you guys because if it did Bernie would be president and Biden wouldn't be leading this primary.
Literally nobody said that. The data shows the Obama->Did Not Vote cohort was more moderate than the average Clinton 2016 voter. The largest “moderate” bloc in the Democratic Party are black voters. Black people stayed home.

It should be noted that black turnout declined from the Obama elections but was on par with the turnout received by Bill Clinton, Gore, and Kerry. So Hillary Clinton obviously did not have the appeal of Obama with black voters but there is no evidence she had any less appeal than any other white Democratic candidate.
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #410 on: August 01, 2019, 02:04:13 PM »

The country has become so partisan where general election debates don't matter anymore. After the first debate last time I thought Trump came off as so stupid I thought he'd lose in a 88 type landslide.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #411 on: August 01, 2019, 06:40:20 PM »

The country has become so partisan where general election debates don't matter anymore. After the first debate last time I thought Trump came off as so stupid I thought he'd lose in a 88 type landslide.

I actually think they only matter for a Democrat. Biden needs to defeat Trump like Clinton did for his sake. It won't harm Trump in the long-term, but it will spare Biden (or whatever other Democrat) from negative headlines. Trump meanwhile can afford to be considered the loser of the debates again. He was and probably still is a terrible debater, but Biden shouldn't take any chances to be perceived how he was against Harris. That's a large part of what this election may come down to, who gets the worse headlines and when, much like in 2016. These are how elections work now in the Trump era.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #412 on: August 02, 2019, 01:18:08 AM »

Oh my god how self centered can this forum get. No Hillary did not lose to Trump because of a buch woke far left liberals decided to stay home because Hillary wasn't good enough for them. The world and politics do not revolve around you guys because if it did Bernie would be president and Biden wouldn't be leading this primary.
Literally nobody said that. The data shows the Obama->Did Not Vote cohort was more moderate than the average Clinton 2016 voter. The largest “moderate” bloc in the Democratic Party are black voters. Black people stayed home.

It should be noted that black turnout declined from the Obama elections but was on par with the turnout received by Bill Clinton, Gore, and Kerry. So Hillary Clinton obviously did not have the appeal of Obama with black voters but there is no evidence she had any less appeal than any other white Democratic candidate.

Gore did better than her actually.

And even so, the racial divides were considerably less even in 2004 to what they are now, getting high 80's was a much better outcome for Democrats twenty years ago than now.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #413 on: August 02, 2019, 02:43:28 PM »

I would say that debates do matter, it's just that Trump is graded on a curve. If he goes a couple of minutes without throwing a tantrum or saying something completely idiotic/incoherent, he's #SoPresidential. And when he does do either of those things, he's ¨tough¨ or ¨telling harsh truths that no one else has the guts to say¨...
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #414 on: August 03, 2019, 06:15:33 AM »

He's so right. Democrats should much more run on Barack Obama, who was the best president since 1969. Uncle Joe is the true inheritor for the Obama legacy, and he will build on it.

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #415 on: August 03, 2019, 07:23:59 AM »

Biden is the beneficiary of WWC voters who were devoted to Bernie Sanders going to Biden. Bernie didnt turn out to be the candidate he was in 2016, who was a fighter against Hilary, an Establishment figure, he hasnt laid a glove on Biden, one bit. Biden, would fight Bernie, if he did that. Unlike Hilary, who didnt take Sanders seriously
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #416 on: August 03, 2019, 04:18:40 PM »

He's so right. Democrats should much more run on Barack Obama, who was the best president since 1969. Uncle Joe is the true inheritor for the Obama legacy, and he will build on it.

One black mark on Obama's political judgement was his backing of Hillary over Bernie and Uncle Joe in 2016. Hillary was a disaster, Bernie or Biden would have destroyed the Orange Clown.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #417 on: August 03, 2019, 04:23:55 PM »

One black mark on Obama's political judgement was his backing of Hillary over Bernie and Uncle Joe in 2016. Hillary was a disaster, Bernie or Biden would have destroyed the Orange Clown.
A disaster that barely lost with a foreign adversary working to suppress voters inclined to support her and a GOP machine of right wing propaganda who had been working to drive down her negatives for a generation.

And I still believe Biden would have done worse than her.

It should tell you something that with of all Hillary’s perceived negatives, Obama still told Biden’s ass to stand down and to stay out of it.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #418 on: August 03, 2019, 06:12:35 PM »

Obama threw Joe Sestak under the bus...twice.
James Monroe

« Reply #419 on: August 03, 2019, 07:07:37 PM »

President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #420 on: August 04, 2019, 03:45:36 AM »

A disaster that barely lost with a foreign adversary working to suppress voters inclined to support her and a GOP machine of right wing propaganda who had been working to drive down her negatives for a generation.

And I still believe Biden would have done worse than her.

It should tell you something that with of all Hillary’s perceived negatives, Obama still told Biden’s ass to stand down and to stay out of it.

Let's dispel the myth Biden would have been weaker than Hillary: His big advantage is his authenticity, something that Hillary lacks. I mean, this is obvious even if you like her (I supported her in both primary and general election). Biden didn't give paid Wall Street speeches, didn't have an E-Mail issue, Benghazi etc. His past voting record would have been less of subject than it is now. And him being a little touchy isn't a problem for voters either, especially when his opponent is accused of rape and on tape with sexist language. He would have beaten Trump with at least 278 electoral votes, keeping the three states that gave Trump the White House by a bare 77,000 votes. Uncle Joe would have gotten them and probably stronger African American turnout in North Carolina and Florida (whether he would have won them is another question).

The reason he didn't run is Beau's unfortunate death, not Obama pushing him aside. The president might not have endorsed him before the nomination was settled, but never ever would Barack Obama stab Uncle Joe in the back.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #421 on: August 04, 2019, 04:09:31 AM »

The reason why KGB attack was so effective on Hilary, they had access to the 30K emails she deleted from.Benghazi.

Bernie Sanders was able to use same attack on Hilary during primaries.  Neither Trump nor Sanders can beat Biden due to no phony Benghazi story by Fox News
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #422 on: August 04, 2019, 10:10:10 AM »

The reason why KGB attack was so effective on Hilary, they had access to the 30K emails she deleted from.Benghazi.

Bernie Sanders was able to use same attack on Hilary during primaries.  Neither Trump nor Sanders can beat Biden due to no phony Benghazi story by Fox News

Trump, Giuliani and Fox News are earnestly at work trying to make the Hunter Biden + Ukraine the new Clinton Cash.
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #423 on: August 05, 2019, 01:21:49 AM »

I just can't see how people are content with this. He is clearly experiencing cognitive decline.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #424 on: August 05, 2019, 09:25:04 AM »

He also messed up the order. El Paso ("Houston") was Saturday and Dayton was Saturday night/Sunday morning ("Michigan"). You can't make this stuff up.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 ... 78  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies