Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v2
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 17, 2024, 10:02:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v2
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 78
Author Topic: Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v2  (Read 106930 times)
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #300 on: July 16, 2019, 05:42:50 PM »

Joe Biden was on Morning Joe today. Purple heart

All the clips: https://www.msnbc.com/morning-joe

Oh my God, he’d be clobbered by Trump in a debate rhetorically. So many non-answers.

Wait, when did Donald Trump ever answer a question with substance? All he does is talking nonsense.

Not my point, and let’s be honest, substance is only half the equation. Look at Biden in that interview, his responses were delayed, he declined to answer multiple simple questions, he obviously isn’t very good with anything but prescripted campaign statements. Trump, for all his flaws, knows how to play to a crowd and has a sort of perverse charisma — he’d eat Biden alive in a debate.
You're more bullish on Trump debate skill than most blue avatars on here.
No War, but the War on Christmas
iBizzBee
Junior Chimp

« Reply #301 on: July 16, 2019, 05:49:15 PM »

Oh my God, he’d be clobbered by Trump in a debate rhetorically. So many non-answers.

Wait, when did Donald Trump ever answer a question with substance? All he does is talking nonsense.

Not my point, and let’s be honest, substance is only half the equation. Look at Biden in that interview, his responses were delayed, he declined to answer multiple simple questions, he obviously isn’t very good with anything but prescripted campaign statements. Trump, for all his flaws, knows how to play to a crowd and has a sort of perverse charisma — he’d eat Biden alive in a debate.

You can’t beat your enemy by underestimating them. If Biden performs like he did in the first debate, or like he did in that interview, do you really think he’ll come off well in a 1 vs 1 debate with Trump? Trump will be talking about SleepyJoe for days, and he wouldn’t be totally wrong. We need a Warren or Kamala who are quick on their feet, rhetorically skilled and (very much so for Warren) policy buffs who can also explain detailed policies to your average Joe.
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #302 on: July 16, 2019, 07:43:04 PM »

You can’t beat your enemy by underestimating them. If Biden performs like he did in the first debate, or like he did in that interview, do you really think he’ll come off well in a 1 vs 1 debate with Trump? Trump will be talking about SleepyJoe for days, and he wouldn’t be totally wrong. We need a Warren or Kamala who are quick on their feet, rhetorically skilled and (very much so for Warren) policy buffs who can also explain detailed policies to your average Joe.

If debate skills and detailed policies are what get you elected then Hillary would have been President. And no Harris and Warren still do not have the ability to explain detailed policies to average Joes. Their base is still politically involved educated white liberals and I have yet to see any crossover yet.
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #303 on: July 16, 2019, 08:01:48 PM »

If debate skills and detailed policies are what get you elected then Hillary would have been President. And no Harris and Warren still do not have the ability to explain detailed policies to average Joes. Their base is still politically involved educated white liberals and I have yet to see any crossover yet.
If Biden has a bad debate he will suffer. Trump had low expectations and a homogenized racist electorate ready to give him their vote no matter what. Biden has to walk a tight rope among many constituencies and if he gets tripped up he's screwed.

And re Warren: Every demographic group thinks Warren has the best policies (except for black voters where Sanders leads by 1) so everyone is fully aware what she wants to do.... people are just backing Biden for superficial reasons that have nothing to do what he can/will accomplish so her message is definitely penetrating, Warren just has to prove she can beat Trump.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #304 on: July 17, 2019, 12:14:11 AM »

Joe did fine.  He's good at interviews, I think that's a great medium for him, lets his personality come across.  The debate stage may not be as good to him.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #305 on: July 17, 2019, 01:36:29 AM »

This is a Jeanne Moos video (comical), titled ...
Joe Biden challenges Trump to a push-up contest.

If interested, here is the link: https://us.cnn.com/videos/politics/2019/07/17/push-up-challenge-jeanne-moos-pkg-ebof-vpx.cnn
brucejoel99
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #306 on: July 17, 2019, 02:03:45 AM »

This is a Jeanne Moos video (comical), titled ...
Joe Biden challenges Trump to a push-up contest.

If interested, here is the link: https://us.cnn.com/videos/politics/2019/07/17/push-up-challenge-jeanne-moos-pkg-ebof-vpx.cnn

Jeanne Moos is a bigger threat to the institution of American journalism than Trump will ever be.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #307 on: July 17, 2019, 09:48:56 PM »

Biden makes an appeal to rural America:

How Joe Biden would address agriculture and rural issues

Former Vice President Joe Biden on Tuesday unveiled a wide-ranging plan aimed at improving economic opportunity in rural America, with a call for more investment in a variety of food, agriculture and health programs.

(…) Biden's plan calls for revamping trade policy to boost exports, increasing investment in renewable energy and rural broadband, and promoting the purchase of local and regional food products — priorities that are reminiscent of key pieces of the Obama administration's rural and agricultural agenda.

The plan also aims to make American agriculture the first in the world to achieve net-zero emissions through a mix of incentives and by allowing farmers to participate in carbon markets.

Biden proposes a large expansion of an existing conservation program aimed at paying farmers to adopt environmentally friendly practices, especially those that help sequester carbon in the soil.

Let's assume he wins the nomination -will this help measurably in expanding his appeal to parts of the country that have turned their backs on the Democratic Party? 
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #308 on: July 17, 2019, 10:15:53 PM »

The impeachment vote backfired on progressives and likely benefits Biden. Pelosi wont back an impeachment inquiry.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #309 on: July 20, 2019, 02:16:09 AM »

Hillary suggested most of these...lot of good it did her.
The Arizonan
United States

« Reply #310 on: July 23, 2019, 12:22:47 AM »

https://grabien.com/story.php?id=244303

Is this the best candidate we've got running for the Democratic nomination?

What's next? A sitting president alledgedly lusting after his own daughter?
History505
« Reply #311 on: July 23, 2019, 01:23:51 AM »

Let's get the facts straight, this was his granddaughter. It is still a very odd place to kiss one's granddaughter, but it was not some random underage girl.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #312 on: July 23, 2019, 01:28:54 AM »

Let's get the facts straight, this was his granddaughter. It is still a very odd place to kiss one's granddaughter, but it was not some random underage girl.

Can the OP (or a mod) please close this thread.
Come on people.
Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #313 on: July 23, 2019, 02:08:09 AM »

She will be scarred for life no doubt.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #314 on: July 23, 2019, 02:08:55 AM »

Can the OP (or a mod) please close this thread.
Come on people.

The thread should be moved into the Biden megathread. This is not such a big deal it deserves an own topic.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #315 on: July 23, 2019, 06:16:57 AM »

Trump was accused of raping a 13 year old girl, and he's on video talking about how he'd be dating a couple of 10 year old girls in just a few years time...and he won the presidency.

I'm just saying.

Honestly though, Biden is not our best candidate.  If it comes down to him or Trump though?  I'll have to go with Biden.
bilaps
« Reply #316 on: July 23, 2019, 06:31:23 AM »

It is pretty gross though.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #317 on: July 23, 2019, 06:32:09 AM »

Biden is a sick man. Way past the point of Jesus saving his soul
This user has not been convicted of 34 felonies
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #318 on: July 23, 2019, 06:55:54 AM »

I don't think I've ever kissed my grandparents on the lips in my life. At least not since I was very, very little.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #319 on: July 23, 2019, 07:01:50 AM »

No, it's not, it's totally normal. Further proof for my theory that "Americans" outside of I-95 are the real sickos.
Illini Moderate
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: -4.00

« Reply #320 on: July 23, 2019, 08:13:28 AM »

It was his granddaughter not simply some random girl. What a malicious and misleading headline. If you want to beat Biden, why not stick to bringing up votes and speeches he made 35 years ago and hitting him for not supporting the supposedly “popular” idea to wipe out private insurance?
J. J.
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #321 on: July 23, 2019, 09:26:15 AM »

No, it's not, it's totally normal. Further proof for my theory that "Americans" outside of I-95 are the real sickos.

It is quite normal to kiss you children and grandchildren.  This is not an issue. 
brucejoel99
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #322 on: July 23, 2019, 01:25:46 PM »

Oh give it a rest, this isn't weird at all. He's a grandpa from a generation where this was perfectly normal. If it was a random girl, then maybe, but some families kiss on the lips; whatever, I don't judge. You're really stretching.
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: 3.91

P P
« Reply #323 on: July 23, 2019, 01:29:18 PM »

Oh give it a rest, this isn't weird at all. He's a grandpa from a generation where this was perfectly normal. If it was a random girl, then maybe, but some families kiss on the lips; whatever, I don't judge. You're really stretching.
it Trump did it you'd be all over it
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #324 on: July 23, 2019, 01:38:09 PM »

Who the f**k are these people who kiss their family members on the lips?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 ... 78  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies