Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v2
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 09:55:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v2
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 78
Author Topic: Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v2  (Read 106866 times)
Matty
boshembechle
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: June 28, 2019, 01:44:28 PM »

henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #126 on: June 28, 2019, 02:16:23 PM »

I don't know how anyone can look at Biden confidently as the one to take on Trump. He looked so weak on stage and was stumbling over his words half of the time even borderline slurring them.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #127 on: June 28, 2019, 02:33:16 PM »

Biden collapse on cue

OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #128 on: June 28, 2019, 02:43:13 PM »

Biden collapse on cue

That poll had Biden third before the debates proves its an outlier .
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #129 on: June 28, 2019, 02:48:00 PM »

Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #130 on: June 28, 2019, 02:56:27 PM »

I know. It's the UNO reverse card no u that confused me
Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.13, S: -0.87

P P P
« Reply #131 on: June 28, 2019, 03:38:38 PM »

Biden collapse on cue

That poll had Biden third before the debates proves its an outlier .
Keep denying reality all you want. The trendline is clear.
Possiblymaybe
« Reply #132 on: June 28, 2019, 03:48:43 PM »

Bidenworth2020
politicalmasta73
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #133 on: June 28, 2019, 04:04:45 PM »

To be fair, the poll with him at 42 was an outlier. trrendline is clear though
brucejoel99
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #134 on: June 28, 2019, 06:18:50 PM »

The UNO reverse card/no u is the meme.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #135 on: June 28, 2019, 06:59:48 PM »
« Edited: June 28, 2019, 07:03:30 PM by Progressive Pessimist »

I don't know how anyone can look at Biden confidently as the one to take on Trump. He looked so weak on stage and was stumbling over his words half of the time even borderline slurring them.

I noticed it more towards the second half of the debate. For the first half I think he was doing fine. But after Harris drew blood he became more incoherent and exhausted sounding. This was striking to me since what I most wanted out of his debate performance was some sort of reassurance that he indeed would be the best candidate to take on Trump as he and early polling keep suggesting. Naturally, I was displeased, and am now convinced that we need to roll the dice with one of the female candidates to be our nominee-Harris or Warren in particular. I know that he can't help the natural aging process, but Trump and the GOP will surely attack him on that and make it a bigger liability than it already is. Biden seems completely ignorant to the kinds of criticism that he was always going to face, whether it be in the primary or the general election, and that is an immediate red flag. Even Hillary Clinton who what the GOP was going to throw at her, whether she fended those criticisms off effectively or not is another story, one way or the other though she was much better prepared. However, Biden is still a white male, so he has that going for him, and I don't think the debate will cause an outright collapse that takes him out of the lead, but it certainly puts him in a weaker position. He is probably intent on recovering though, so we'll see how the July debates go. Another bad performance might be what cooks his goose.

As I see it, his time as a strong candidate is over, and it is abundantly clear that his polling and support was based out of name recognition, being an established public figure, and very little else (this applies to Sanders too, whose performance I was also bothered by, but at least he came across as barely more competent with his rebuttals). Biden should be nothing more than a surrogate to the eventual nominee. I wanted to give him a chance, but he is not who we need to lead the party at this point in time.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #136 on: June 28, 2019, 07:05:55 PM »

"I don't think you're a racist, but..." is almost as annoying as "I'm not racist, but..."
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -7.91

« Reply #137 on: June 28, 2019, 08:14:46 PM »

As someone who hates biden's political beliefs, I feel bad for him. Kamala's treatment of him was messed up. He needs to hit her with blood and make her look like a failure to blacks
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #138 on: June 28, 2019, 09:27:52 PM »

It is becoming more and more evident that Hillary was a much stronger candidate than he would be.
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -7.91

« Reply #139 on: June 28, 2019, 09:46:22 PM »

Kamala Harris is objectively not African American, ethnically or culturally. African American is a very well defined ethnic group. She is not in it. She is Black, of African descent, and an American but she is not African American. Furthermore, her experience is very removed from African American culture. Same as Obama. Republicans will probably nominate an actual African American before the Democrats ever do.

I kinda agree with you here and many blacks would probably agree with you. Not to mention the whole married to a white man thing. That's going to rub a lot of african-americans the wrong way. But you are definitely wrong about Obama. All of his experiences were nullified when he moved to chicago, married michelle, and never seemed to forget how blacks really felt in this country. You wouldn't think he was from Hawaii with how he carries himself
Some of My Best Friends Are Gay
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #140 on: June 28, 2019, 09:57:52 PM »

Kamala Harris is objectively not African American, ethnically or culturally. African American is a very well defined ethnic group. She is not in it. She is Black, of African descent, and an American but she is not African American. Furthermore, her experience is very removed from African American culture. Same as Obama. Republicans will probably nominate an actual African American before the Democrats ever do.

I love it when racist white dudes think they can say whether someone is really black or not. as Del Tachi said, you're disgusting.
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #141 on: June 28, 2019, 10:03:11 PM »
« Edited: July 01, 2019, 03:51:24 PM by Speaker YE »

Actually the more I think about the busing thing, the funnier it is.

Kamala Harris was literally tearing up at the thought that Joe Biden would make her go to a majority Black segregated school, rather than allow her to travel an extra hour every day to go to a white integrated school.

and that's supposed to prove HE is racist.

FTFY.

There were were no schools that were Blacks only or whites only when Kamala Harris was a student. There were schools that happened to have almost all Black students because they served mostly Black neighborhoods and schools that happened to be almost all white because they served mostly white neighborhoods. Just like today.

Am I objectively not white because I grew up in a heavily non-white area and have a black girlfriend, even though I'm of English descent and look pasty as hell?

What you're saying makes no sense, and it also ironically shows that race really is a social construct, if you can say someone who is clearly a black American isn't an African American because of her upbringing or whatever you're even saying.

brucejoel99
Atlas Star
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #142 on: June 28, 2019, 10:06:20 PM »

So how long before Biden un-asks Obama not to endorse him?
henster
Junior Chimp

« Reply #143 on: June 28, 2019, 10:55:37 PM »

I feel like Joe is way more vulnerable on abortion than on the busing stuff which is totally irrelevant today. He's literally on record trashing Roe and calling abortion a tragedy in addition to voting for the Hyde Amendment. That would've been far more salient than some issue that mattered 40 years ago.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #144 on: June 28, 2019, 11:03:16 PM »
« Edited: June 28, 2019, 11:08:00 PM by Old School Republican »

As usual SJW are out of touch with actual voters
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #145 on: June 28, 2019, 11:21:35 PM »

As usual SJW are out of touch with actual voters

Why not wait until some actual votes are cast before making such a declaration?
Ogre Mage
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -5.22

P
« Reply #146 on: June 29, 2019, 12:47:09 AM »

I feel like Joe is way more vulnerable on abortion than on the busing stuff which is totally irrelevant today. He's literally on record trashing Roe and calling abortion a tragedy in addition to voting for the Hyde Amendment. That would've been far more salient than some issue that mattered 40 years ago.

This was a play by Harris for black voters.  Biden had made nostalgic comments about segregationist senators that he had worked with on anti-busing legislation -- an issue which affected Harris when she was a child.  Biden is also currently leading with black voters.  In terms of peeling away his support, black voters are a clear place for Harris to go.
Shadows
YaBB God
« Reply #147 on: June 29, 2019, 01:47:12 AM »

This was a play by Harris for black voters.  Biden had made nostalgic comments about segregationist senators that he had worked with on anti-busing legislation -- an issue which affected Harris when she was a child.  Biden is also currently leading with black voters.  In terms of peeling away his support, black voters are a clear place for Harris to go.

Absolutely. It was a planned attack. She never raised her personal issue before & saved it for the debate. Both Harris & Booker will make a clear plan to win the nomination by winning a majority of the African American vote with a resounding victory in South Carolina & maybe a victory in Nevada along with the Southern states.

It will be a fractured & drawn out contest. Gillibrand screwed up royally with her interjections. She had a chance to hit Biden on Roe vs Wade. And she should have. If she wanted to be the female rights candidate, she should have done that.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #148 on: June 29, 2019, 01:50:35 AM »

Southern Black Mayors are flocking towards Biden, due to his must win strategy in SC. Booker and Harris made a strategic move not to endorse the better candidate,  whom was Kamala, and Biden jumped in a solidified the black support he needed
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #149 on: June 29, 2019, 02:02:09 AM »
« Edited: July 01, 2019, 03:52:04 PM by Speaker YE »

Am I objectively not white because I grew up in a heavily non-white area and have a black girlfriend, even though I'm of English descent and look pasty as hell?

What you're saying makes no sense, and it also ironically shows that race really is a social construct, if you can say someone who is clearly a black American isn't an African American because of her upbringing or whatever you're even saying.

I did not say that Kamala Harris is not African American because she was socialized like a white person. I said Kamala Harris is not African American AND she was socialized like a white person. She is not African American because she is half Jamaican, half Indian and not a descendant of American slaves. You can be an African American and be socialized like  a white person, absolutely but that's not Kamala Harris' situation. She is African American by neither ancestry or culture. Ancestry is not a social construct.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 ... 78  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies