Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v2
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 20, 2024, 11:10:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2020 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, YE)
  Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v2
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 ... 78
Author Topic: Joe Biden 2020 campaign megathread v2  (Read 107158 times)
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1675 on: November 03, 2019, 05:21:31 PM »

I heard him say in an interview that he is the best qualified to step right into the job because he has the experience and he knows what to do. (Paraphrasing)

(Maybe so, but he has so many liabilities he brings with him that his positives and negatives cancel each other out. He becomes a non-candidate in my book.)
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #1676 on: November 03, 2019, 05:24:36 PM »

About being strong on natl security and helping Obama kill Bin Laden in the raid. Has natl security experience with being close to Israel
This is no longer an asset in Democratic primaries (thank god).

I do realize who I'm arguing with, but I wanted to make the point regardless.

Yes, it is, Hilary beat Sanders in 2016, based on being SOS. Both Hilary and Biden were there to kill Bin Laden
W
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.71, S: -8.61

« Reply #1677 on: November 03, 2019, 05:32:37 PM »

He should argue that he won't just beat Trump- he'd beat him badly. With other candidates and generic consistently outpolling Trump (although head to heads this early are a bit misleading), the best shot the Biden campaign really has is to argue they can really seal the fate of Trumpism and kill it for good, not just get over 270 by the skin of their teeth. Does that mean anything? No. But it's sure a better point than "I beat Trump".
Cinemark

« Reply #1678 on: November 03, 2019, 05:48:54 PM »

His poll numbers against Trump obviously.
Annatar
Australia

« Reply #1679 on: November 03, 2019, 09:18:41 PM »

If Biden loses both Iowa and New Hampshire he won't be the nominee, this isn't 1992 the circumstances are totally different.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1680 on: November 04, 2019, 01:17:57 AM »

If Biden loses both Iowa and New Hampshire he won't be the nominee, this isn't 1992 the circumstances are totally different.

Did you see the polls today, Change Research is the only pollster that had Warren perform above expectations,  the Emerson polls show Biden in front.
Annatar
Australia

« Reply #1681 on: November 04, 2019, 09:50:26 AM »

Did you see the polls today, Change Research is the only pollster that had Warren perform above expectations,  the Emerson polls show Biden in front.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2020/president/nh/new_hampshire_democratic_presidential_primary-6276.html

realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2020/president/ia/iowa_democratic_presidential_caucus-6731.html

Biden is trailing in both states, Emerson didn't do polls on Iowa or New Hampshire.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1682 on: November 04, 2019, 09:52:18 AM »

Biden is running ads now, whereas other candidates arent, he is back the frontrunner as his leads in SC, NV and TX grow
Cinemark

« Reply #1683 on: November 04, 2019, 10:08:10 AM »

With that new Sienna poll, Biden has certainly moved up my preferred candidate list.
connally68
« Reply #1684 on: November 04, 2019, 05:41:23 PM »

It is either me or Trump!!
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #1685 on: November 04, 2019, 05:48:05 PM »

Obama
izixs
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.31, S: -6.51

« Reply #1686 on: November 04, 2019, 07:27:40 PM »

Which is basically the worst kind of argument. And the one Clinton lost with.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1687 on: November 04, 2019, 07:35:41 PM »

His poll numbers against Trump obviously.

This.
Even polls today, show him strongest against trump in the general. Biden wins critical states, where those same polls show Sanders and Warren losing them.
Another indication, is how the-worst-of-the-blue-avatars on this site (who want that Orange Buffon to win again), don't want Biden as the Dem candidate, and who consistently "support" other Dem candidates to win in the primary (because they know they are "weaker" in the general).
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #1688 on: November 05, 2019, 03:35:06 PM »

Well written op-ed by Joe Biden in USA Today (originally published in the Des Moines Register):

Joe Biden: Donald Trump has no idea what he’s doing on foreign policy

Killing Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, the leader of the Islamic State terrorist organization, is an important win for America’s national security. But almost every detail of the raid that has emerged in the days since points to a truth we already knew: Donald Trump is the most reckless and incompetent commander in chief we’ve ever had. 

His impulsive decision to withdraw our troops from northeast Syria was not just a gift to our adversaries and a betrayal of our Kurdish partners. It reportedly also imperiled a priority counterterrorism mission that had been months in the planning. Trump is quick to claim the credit, but he made the job harder and more dangerous for our forces. And his abandonment of the Kurds is all the more galling knowing they provided critical information that enabled us to track al-Baghdadi. Ultimately, the U.S. military and our intelligence professionals are so good that they succeeded in getting their man — in spite of Trump.

If I am elected, my administration will place America back at the head of the table. I’ll rally our allies, mobilize global action to meet global threats and once more ensure that the United States is the leader of the free world. I will reaffirm the longstanding American commitment to leading with our values.

[...]

As president, I will remind the world that the United States of America does not coddle dictators. I’ll restore the value of America’s word on the international stage. I’ll ensure we are once more a beacon of liberty, a bulwark of democracy and self-determination and a champion of human rights.

The United States of America is the strongest nation in the world not just because of the example of our power, but also because of the power of our example. 

That’s what has always set us apart on the world stage, and that’s something Donald Trump will never understand.

Full Article

He's actually the only candidate who really focusses on foreign policy and the one with the most experience by far.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1689 on: November 06, 2019, 10:45:06 AM »

Yesterday's victory in KY, VA ratifies the fact that Biden is the best bet to take on Trump; as a result, Biden helped Obama carry OH, IA and Va in 2008-12 years. Hopefully,  this end Ernst safe prospects of holding onto IA, and have SEN-ELECT Greenfield. Bagel was wrong, Beshear did pull it out. But. CORNYN probably loses before McConnell
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #1690 on: November 06, 2019, 12:15:59 PM »

Biden’s new “elitist” attacks on Warren are just short-sighted and play right into Republican hands for the GE. His campaign needs to chill.
Gracile
gracile
Moderators
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« Reply #1691 on: November 06, 2019, 04:18:18 PM »

Heebie Jeebie
jeb_arlo
United States

« Reply #1692 on: November 06, 2019, 04:25:04 PM »

If he actually believes this, Joe Biden has to be he dumbest man in American politics.
Gracile
gracile
Moderators
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -7.65

« Reply #1693 on: November 06, 2019, 04:30:20 PM »

If he actually believes this, Joe Biden has to be he dumbest man in American politics.

It baffles me that someone who was VP during an egregious period of Republican obstructionism could be so naive about the behavior of his "colleagues" on the other side of the aisle.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1694 on: November 06, 2019, 05:20:11 PM »

Biden has campaigned for Dems during the 2008-12 wave years, but the Senate, even you get rid of filibuster,  is a Parliament, and Leader presides over the Senate; as a result, there is unanimous consent in rules. Dems will still need bi partisan support to pass legislation.  Biden recognizes this, but Bernie Sanders and Warren says run deficit
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #1695 on: November 06, 2019, 08:04:31 PM »

Of course he believes it. His fans think it's part of some grand strategy....4D chess if you will
OneJ
OneJ_
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1696 on: November 06, 2019, 08:25:40 PM »

The irony is that individuals like him often argue that Progressives are unrealistic, pie-in-the-sky, etc. (which isn't necessarily wrong) yet think it's possible that Republicans nowadays will suddenly have an epiphany for him should he win.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1697 on: November 06, 2019, 08:59:07 PM »

In ways utterly unintended, he's right.
UWS
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1698 on: November 06, 2019, 09:02:07 PM »

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2020/president/nh/new_hampshire_democratic_presidential_primary-6276.html

realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2020/president/ia/iowa_democratic_presidential_caucus-6731.html

Biden is trailing in both states, Emerson didn't do polls on Iowa or New Hampshire.

So I guess Emerson has already shown Clinton trailing in Iowa and Sanders trailing in New Hampshire.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1699 on: November 07, 2019, 08:12:04 AM »

It's too many people, to have IA and NH as make or break states. They dont represent the country. I have already warmed up to Biden, due to fact he can win Appalachia; whereas, Warren isnt. Biden just received an endorsement from a TX black Congressman😎
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 ... 78  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies