Pinochet or Allende? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:05:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Pinochet or Allende? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
Pinochet

Allende

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 101

Author Topic: Pinochet or Allende?  (Read 3141 times)
Some of My Best Friends Are Gay
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« on: July 09, 2019, 12:39:36 PM »

Allende by far, he was a FF.
Some of My Best Friends Are Gay
Enlightened_Centrist 420
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2019, 01:24:47 PM »

I can never understand why people stress "The DEMOCRATICALLY ELECTED Allende" as a point in Allende's favor when discussing these two, as if state-sponsored theft is suddenly A-OK if a 50.1% majority says it is.
What a poor state of existence the tax evaders, landlords, wage thievers, and pedophile papists would have been through...

Of course, as someone who has previously decried democracy, this type of support would have been expected.

I only oppose democracy because I believe that people shouldn't be allowed to make decisions for others, and because I don't agree with majority rule or doctrines of false equality.
Ah yes, because a key feature of non-democratic regimes is the absence of people making decisions for others Roll Eyes

Same goes for any form of capitalism which, of course, totally relies on that

I haven't supported any other form of government here. I was just clarifying that my dislike of democracy doesn't stem from an endorsement of dictatorship.
And I'm just pointing out that opposing democracy on the basis that you don't like "people making decisions for others" is an absurdist position seeing as that is a pretty much inevitable feature of even the most basic forms of social organisation

I oppose most basic forms of social organization. Interacting with others gives me anxiety.

Your average libertarian in a nutshell.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies