KY-SEN: Amy McGrath in (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:35:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  KY-SEN: Amy McGrath in (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: KY-SEN: Amy McGrath in  (Read 58559 times)
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« on: July 11, 2019, 03:01:07 PM »

The Democratic leadership couldn't get Bullock or Hickenlooper to run and instead are focusing recruitment attention and money on this fool's gold seat. Fell into the same trap in 2014.

What a joke of an opposition party on the Senate level.

Usually agree with most things you say; but honestly what would you do differently as Schumer & co?

Like the Senate is a god awful place to work; both Bullock and Hickenlooper are ex governors in their 60s (so are hardly going to be lifers) who want the ego trip of running for President.

What can Schumer do to get them to run?  People seem to forget how egotistical, stubborn and tin eared a lot of politicians are- it's not like there's just a lever for Schumer to pull.

I think we tend to obsess slightly over recruiting; Strickland, Bredesen, Bayh, McSally, and lots of others were seen as great recruits where as people Jacky Rosen were at the bottom of Harry Reid's list to run
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2020, 04:23:13 PM »

why are we arguining about Gwen Graham? We had at least 10 pages on the old Florida 2018 thread with democrats insulting each other over that!
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2020, 01:37:39 PM »

It's worth noting that Ben Chandler, the former D rep for KY-06, said that if McGrath couldn't win in 2018 then no-one else could.

I'm mostly always of the view that if you can't win the primary you can't complain about the result; funnily enough I just read that the DCCC endorsed Gray for the Primary. It's perfectly plausible to say that Gray could have won but I don't get why anyone thinks political campaigning is some sort of science where something is ordained to happen a certain way.

I funnily enough come on here to dunk on McGrath for not running in a much easier House seat; I read somewhere she could have gone for one in Illinois or Virginia.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2020, 02:34:48 PM »

imo isn't warren part of the Senate Leadership team?
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2020, 02:18:42 AM »

A touch of irony for the candiaite who's received millions in out of state money to denouce outsiders... we love a slow moving crash car
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2020, 03:06:28 PM »

I use to actually like McGrath; her 2018 ad was one of the best of the campaigns & she appeared to be an extremely strong candidate.

It's clear on reflection that she isn't that good anymore; she appears to have fallen into the consultant trap that killed almost all the red state democrats- you end up taking positions you don't hold (like supporting Kavanaugh) & you end of speaking like a consultants teleprompter (I'm pro kentucky)

This race was always a chance to see how much democrats could scare Mitch McConnell & force some NRSC money back into the race
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2020, 09:01:39 AM »

The politico article said that McGrath spend £3 million on ads in the last week.

I wonder if that was planned...
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2020, 05:20:16 PM »

Yes as I've said before McGrath isn't actually some raging blue dog; she just uses her background as a fighter pilot to distract from her laregly mainstream progressive views.

Money isn't an issue for democrats & frankly we can't stop people donating to her in the same way republicans can't stop people donating to the opponents of Schiff/Pelosi/AOC or the usual scammers who run some random SUPER-PAC which uses god fearing mailers to dupe the eldery.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2020, 09:07:24 AM »

She's basically what happens if you think that the 2006 House playbook was the last time that a democrat ever won an election.
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2020, 04:13:38 PM »

Just thank god it isn't $70 million.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies