KY-SEN: Amy McGrath in (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:21:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  KY-SEN: Amy McGrath in (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: KY-SEN: Amy McGrath in  (Read 58584 times)
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: July 09, 2019, 12:53:57 PM »

TURTLE

MAN

BAD
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2019, 06:49:22 PM »

Can't wait for the ****libs to burn money away by donating to her and Jaime Harrison while MJ Hegar and whatever B-listers in Iowa/NC struggle to fundraise.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2019, 11:06:20 PM »

TX is an untapped gold mine of mobilizable voters. Money coming in there helps build an actual infrastructure. SC has very limited potential, but demographics are not on our side. Why money is going to go to Kentucky is beyond me.

To those complaining that the Dems will waste money here, I think she will ends up with the opposite problem - barely any money at all and cannot run a legitimate campaign. The dem base is educated and cares about winning, and is not afraid to cruelly throw candidates under the bus. Their donations are political investments after all. When the NYT found candidates losing by significant margins in a single poll, they lost their shine. I am reminded of TX23, TX31, and MN08 - all MOE races in the end, but all abandoned by the activist base first and then the donors when one data point came up not in their favor.

This is the same party whose equivalent to the Koch Brothers is in the middle of a 9-figure, self-serving virtue signaling campaign and gave Jaime Harrison $1.5 million in a month because Lindsey Graham is a sycophant. Their financial priorities are heavily skewed.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2019, 07:31:05 PM »

How can you be this bad at politics?
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2019, 09:05:56 PM »

I mean, she did lose a race she was given a real shot in. Not too long ago that was the kiss of death. But it's a testament to how empty the Democratic bench has gotten outside of blue states that no one bats an eye at losers getting promoted to a higher race anymore, and that includes her, Beto, and MJ. Or mayors like Castro or Pete skipping statewide altogether....

To be honest, I'm not sure if Gray had a shot, and I originally thought McGrath was the better candidate against Barr. The problem is that everyone underestimate that KY-6 was too far gone.

Hegar would have won had she gotten proper financial support. Ossoff lost, but without Ossoff's infrastructure there's no McBath (who's a dramatically better candidate). Not only are we wasting money on a hopeless race while Generic North Carolina Candidate and Generic Georgia Candidate starve, we're wasting it on ALG 2.0.

Oh right. At least ALG won statewide before.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2019, 10:27:46 PM »

uasdguhiohadfsbujdsfdhsssssssssssssssssssssss

what the CHRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIST
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2019, 05:50:54 PM »

I'm backing Mike Broihier, who just announced today. Although he's running on some No Labels message, he seems solid enough on the issues and isn't a flip flopper like McGrath
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2019, 11:54:55 AM »

Get this pile of trash out of here.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2020, 01:33:33 PM »

Lord help me, I'm going to start volunteering for a Berniecrat next week. They're both going to lose to Turtle but Booker is better and I want McGrath banished from politics.

Welcome aboard!

No matter how long you stay, you're still welcome to stand with us.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2020, 12:10:07 PM »

What a nasty, vile person.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2020, 08:45:20 PM »

Conservative white woman notable for her (campaign for) U.S. House attempts to run for statewide office in a Southern state, polling frontrunner with notable support from out of state, only to be upset in the last few days by a young black left-wing elected official? That upstart candidate only close in his own internals, but with a dominating sense of momentum in the final days before the primary? Not going to draw out the analogy too far, but we have heard this song somewhere else a couple years ago.

The difference here is that Gwen Graham is a competent candidate who happened to lose to another competent candidate.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2020, 12:16:23 PM »

Cannot wait until the #Resistance NPCs flood her with donations so she can lose by 20 instead of Gideon.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2020, 01:39:12 AM »
« Edited: July 01, 2020, 01:42:27 AM by Killa Cam's Comeback »

Between this and the Hickenlooper thing, words cannot describe my disgust with the DSCC right now. These people essentially bought a nomination for the most incompetent major candidate I've seen in my lifetime. There's disasters, there's Bruce Braley, and then there's whatever the **** this was. A Green New Deal isn't going to go over well in Kentucky, but cosmic-brain takes about how Mitch McConnell is Actually Not Helping Trump like McGrath would sure as hell won't either. Most importantly, Amy McGrath, and the DSCC (drunk on greed) forgot the first rule of politics: all politics is local.

I actually don't have an issue with a conservative strategy. You don't see me calling to primary Colin Peterson or Jared Golden, or backing Paula Jean Swearengin against Joe Manchin. Joe Manchin is a conservative, Trump-compromising Democrat. Normal logic would be to look at his strong grassroots presence, his long ties to the state, and his track record of winning campaigns, and to try to find a candidate with similar traits. And the sad thing is, we had one in our grasp.

Of course, this is the Democratic Party we're talking about. Democratic Party logic would be to crown a candidate the moment they announced because of how much money they raised, regardless of their ties to the state or their grassroots support. Regardless of their previous stances, they would act like a dollar store knockoff of Joe Manchin. After all, Joe Manchin is well-liked because he's a bipartisan Smiley Democrat.

The DC establishment had sent DC consultants to "power" a woman who moved from the DC metro to run for Congress's Senate run. The DC establishment, with the help low-information NPCs who Just Want To See Moscow Mitch Go Down, bought McGrath the nomination. It's especially sad for me, considering one of my political heroes is my former representative who rose to power in a similar way Booker's campaign did. It's safe to say that between Citizens United and social media giving the average American an investment in politics, the next Carol Shea-Porter couldn't rise up nowadays.

If you want to know why I don't identify strongly with the Democrats, it's things like this. I'm in a very strange place where I'm more attached to Biden himself than I am the party. You have a significant amount of the party who, for lack of a better word, thinks I should f*** off and join the Russians because I liked Bernie more than I did Hillary 4 years ago. You have an establishment that's obsessed with keeping the gravy train flowing to the point where they'll pick winners and losers, even if everything shows the "winner" as comically incompetent or is a Republican on environmental policy. You had a future progressive star in your grasp - dare I say, someone who had Presidential material written all over him - and these sons of bitches pissed it away for green pieces of paper.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2020, 11:53:58 AM »

* I would argue that was due to factors outside his own control (mainly the state that he lived in). I'm not gonna sit here and argue that he'd make it close. That'd be absurd. What I will argue is him outperforming McGrath. I think you'll see some sort of run for statewide office in 2023.

* Again, I'm not the type of guy to deny reality. Buttigieg couldn't get ahead with black voters primarily because their minds were already made up. I'm not convinced his sexuality was as relevant as Biden having the hearts and minds of older black Americans.

* Buttigieg was a mayor of a college town in Indiana. Sure, he had a bit of a national profile there, but the guy certainly wasn't a paragon of experience. I actually think experience isn't very relevant, given the rise of said college town mayor. Personality and campaign structure are more important, and Buttigieg and Booker had both.

* Defeating Amy is a victory. Sure, some of the Resistance NPCs will donate money to Harrison instead, but some of that money goes to the viable Democratic challengers (mainly Gideon).
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2020, 04:52:31 AM »

So are we gonna do the thing where we pretend that a progressive is somehow more electable than a centrist in a red state?

Are we gonna do the thing where we pretend McGrath is electable to dunk on the left?
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2020, 06:00:03 AM »

Take a second to consider what you posted.

Now, more to the point: where is McGrath's base for November?

Absolutely evergreen: Deep down, the centrists know that they have no defense for their candidate, so they've resorted to whataboutery.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies