KY-SEN: Amy McGrath in (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:13:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  KY-SEN: Amy McGrath in (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: KY-SEN: Amy McGrath in  (Read 58538 times)
coloradocowboi
United States

« on: July 09, 2019, 07:02:00 PM »

I don't agree that this race is not winnable, but Amy McGrath isn't gonna win it if she couldn't manage in KY6 during a wave year. Plus this flip-flopping is a time-tested strategy to turn off voters. I don't see a path for her specifically.

What is Matt Jones doing? He would make this race far more competitive.
coloradocowboi
United States

« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2020, 12:08:48 PM »

McGrath isn’t a bad candidate because she’s “too centrist”, she’s a bad candidate because she’s gaffe-prone, a grifter, and an empty suit who shows little consistency in her views. Believe it or not, most voters don’t decide who to vote for based on their handy-dandy “centrist calculator”, and sometimes the more progressive candidate also happens to be the better candidate, even if the race isn’t really winnable for either candidate.

Maybe, just maybe, they don't need the calculator because oftentimes "centrist" politics (which usually is just a euphemism for corporate corruption anyway) correspond to a PR-obsessed persona, lack of articulable values or morals, a willingness to do or say anything to get elected, etc.

Everything about Amy McGrath, John Hickenlooper, Ossoff, MJ Hegar, Cunningham, etc. feels contrived. I actually happen to know Hick, and can tell you that IRL he is not this friendly soap salesman act he puts on. He's a mean drunk with a penchant for saying abusive things to his staffers and living a bit more luxuriously than someone of his station probably should. But he also is willing to be whomever donors/Schumer/the party tells him to be in public in order to seek the office that he desires, because it's all about him and he doesn't care at all about anybody else, let alone working people.

I think this kind of vapidity is highly visible for those with eyes to see, and Amy "pro Trump" McGrath exemplifies it too, albeit to a lesser degree. Eventually, these DSCC lapdogs won't be able to make it through primaries anyway, and it will all be revealed the whole time that corporatists puppets were, in fact, less electable.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies