Pelosi attacks congressional Justice Democrats
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 08:47:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Pelosi attacks congressional Justice Democrats
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
Author Topic: Pelosi attacks congressional Justice Democrats  (Read 7137 times)
GP270watch
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: July 12, 2019, 04:21:30 PM »

Pelosi is smarter than the Justice Democrats, yesterday they were upset about her Acosta comments but I'm sure she already knew he wouldn't make it past the week. Why would Pelosi waste any of her energy getting anywhere near that fiasco?

The Undefeatable Debbie Stabenow
slightlyburnttoast
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -5.43

P P
« Reply #76 on: July 12, 2019, 04:28:22 PM »

Dems in disarray, etc.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #77 on: July 12, 2019, 04:32:59 PM »

Is the SJW left now trying to claim that Justice Democrats are racist for not primarying Republicans (they're DEMOCRATS) but for primarying somebody who has black skin, regardless of how good or bad they are at their job or how corrupt they are?

Claiming everything is racism makes it a lot harder to call Republicans out on real racism. Justice Democrats are also extremely diverse in race and religion. Accusing them of racism is almost laughable.
Ilhan Apologist
Glowfish

« Reply #78 on: July 12, 2019, 04:39:45 PM »

I object to the term "left" here.
James Monroe

« Reply #79 on: July 12, 2019, 04:56:18 PM »

So the "SJW" are centrist/right-wingers, wait a moment, that doesn't fit the narrative.
Ilhan Apologist
Glowfish

« Reply #80 on: July 12, 2019, 04:58:17 PM »

So the "SJW" are centrist/right-wingers, wait a moment, that doesn't fit the narrative.

Yeah it does. People like you accuse white people on the left of racism, and then use racism to attack nonwhite people on the left.
Green Line
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #81 on: July 12, 2019, 05:04:07 PM »

Once you unleash the woke racism dragon, there’s no putting it back in the box.  It consumes all.  Its a harsh realization for the many liberal Democrats who gleefully pushed it for years when the fire was trained on Republicans.  Not so nice now!
💥💥 brandon bro (he/him/his)
peenie_weenie
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #82 on: July 12, 2019, 07:29:51 PM »

Good lord are there actually people who think Pelosi is speaking out against AOC/Omar/Presley because they are POC or that she wouldn't treat a similarly vocally dissenting minority of whites the same way?

Anyway say what you will about the incompetence of Pelosi et al. but if her reluctance to do anything about Trump and/or cut off funding to CBP is informed by anything it's cowardice and not some sort of weird desire to quash progressives (?). Even more compelling explanation is she has several members on the moderate side of the caucus who have convinced her that taking a hardline position would cost them their seats and, in the process, the D majority. Maybe you think that's a dumb and unfounded fear but it speaks more to unwarranted caution and incompetence than it does malevolence or conspiracy.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #83 on: July 12, 2019, 08:12:36 PM »

There needs to be extensive investigations into the Justice Democrats' ties to the would-be Butcher of Britain. AOC isn't the only one to meet with or endorse him.

Pelosi's really impressed me lately as both a check on Trump and a check on the Authoritarian Left lately.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #84 on: July 12, 2019, 10:46:27 PM »
« Edited: July 12, 2019, 10:53:44 PM by The party left me. »

Wonderful to see the CBC has joined in on the gaslighting. Alongside a lot of the stuff we've discussed to death, we've seen William Lacy Clay literally compare the Justice Democrats to Russia (absolutely ridiculous!).

We've also seen Gregory Meeks claim that the CBC endorsed noted white men like Mike Capuano to "protect the majority". You know, because Ayanna Pressley had such a tough race to win the general against... literally nobody.

Also curious how there was no major push from certain CBC members to endorse Donna Edwards over the establishment's pick of Chris Van Hollen. Jesus tapdancing Christ, even EMILY's List gave their all for her and showed some damn backbone.

I can't speak to whether or not Pelosi's a racist, but we can certainly identify that "anonymous Democratic" staffer who compared AOC to a Goomba is a sexist.

Mostt damningly of all, Pelosi's "do not tweet" order apparently only applies to The Squad and their allies, and not... the official account of the caucus.

Truly Orwellian stuff we have going on here, folks. Appeasement is strength. Submission is unity. Misogyny is civility. The right-winger who vowed to block Hillary Clinton's nominees into her presidency is a #Resistance hero, and so is the biggest attention whore in the history of the Senate (who backed up his talk with absolutely no action). Meanwhile, the left-winger who dared to give her a primary challenge contributed to the rise of Trump. They say Trump is the enemy, but if you look into their actions, you'll see who their real enemies are.

Let it be known that I didn't leave the Democratic Party. The Democratic Party left me.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #85 on: July 12, 2019, 10:51:29 PM »

What is sexist about an image of a goomba puppet ?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #86 on: July 13, 2019, 01:19:36 AM »

Cortez is now doubling down with attacking the political party she claims to register as. I would have deep distrust of someone like her if I were walking in Pelosi shoes.

People forget that she is basically part of the TYT caucus in the House . TYT is what started the justice democrats

TYT have blood on their hands from the deplorable attacks on the party. It's the mission of Cenk and co to dismantle the party by replacing lone time representatives with new elected officials that want to go against the party wishes.

Oh yes, the people with the blood on their hands are those who criticize the establishment of the party that made the Libya, Syria, and Yemen wars kill hundreds of thousands of civilians.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #87 on: July 13, 2019, 01:37:00 AM »

Trump to the rescue: https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/rep-alexandra-ocasio-cortez-treat-nancy-pelosi-respect/story?id=64295519

"I think Cortez is being very disrespectful to somebody who's been there a long time," Trump said to reporters as he left the White House for fundraisers in Wisconsin and Ohio. I deal with Nancy Pelosi a lot and we go back and forth and it’s fine, but I think that a group of people is being very disrespectful to her. And you know what, I don’t think that Nancy can let that go on."

"But Cortez should treat Nancy Pelosi with respect,” Trump added. “She should not be doing what she’s doing. And I’ll tell you something about Nancy Pelosi that you know better than I do. She is not a racist, okay. She is not a racist. For them to call her a racist is a disgrace."
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #88 on: July 13, 2019, 04:00:41 AM »

Trump to the rescue: https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/rep-alexandra-ocasio-cortez-treat-nancy-pelosi-respect/story?id=64295519

"I think Cortez is being very disrespectful to somebody who's been there a long time," Trump said to reporters as he left the White House for fundraisers in Wisconsin and Ohio. I deal with Nancy Pelosi a lot and we go back and forth and it’s fine, but I think that a group of people is being very disrespectful to her. And you know what, I don’t think that Nancy can let that go on."

"But Cortez should treat Nancy Pelosi with respect,” Trump added. “She should not be doing what she’s doing. And I’ll tell you something about Nancy Pelosi that you know better than I do. She is not a racist, okay. She is not a racist. For them to call her a racist is a disgrace."

LOL, for once I agree with the God Emperor.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #89 on: July 13, 2019, 07:57:14 AM »

The clapping emojis are cringe (like everything the Democrats do when they try to be cool), but defending Sharice Davids is great and necessary. I do wish they'd defend AOC too when the conservatives attack her with mysogenistic comments, but she should fire that staffer or give him a stern warning for attacking Davids.

A broken clock.
Wazza [INACTIVE]
Wazza1901
« Reply #90 on: July 13, 2019, 08:09:16 AM »

Omar's statement in two steps short of publicly calling Pelosi a racist. If they disagree so profoundly with the party, maybe they should join the Republicans.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiorello_H._La_Guardia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacob_Javits
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vito_Marcantonio
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #91 on: July 13, 2019, 09:00:55 AM »

The clapping emojis are cringe (like everything the Democrats do when they try to be cool), but defending Sharice Davids is great and necessary. I do wish they'd defend AOC too when the conservatives attack her with mysogenistic comments, but she should fire that staffer or give him a stern warning for attacking Davids.

It's really not.  Sharice Davids represents the worst of the left.
America Needs R'hllor
Parrotguy
Atlas Icon
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.48

« Reply #92 on: July 13, 2019, 09:28:36 AM »

..Because of this t-shirt?
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #93 on: July 13, 2019, 02:09:34 PM »

That's a pretty disturbing t-shirt to be fair. Being proud specifically that your ancestors KILLED somebody is f___ed up, as opposed to being proud that your ancestors fought bad people and by necessity had to kill them. It's basically the same thing but when you choose to phrase it in a way that celebrates manslaughter, it's not helping the "let's all come together" narrative. It's a race war mentality.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #94 on: July 13, 2019, 08:14:27 PM »

In the examples of the establishment's great displays of unity, I also forgot the whole "chair-throwing" fiasco, where the DNC gleefully repeated a claim of Jon Ralston's that Sanders supporters threw chairs at the convention.

Of course, what the establishment "coincidentally" never mentioned is that Ralston was never there and his claim was entirely based off of one reporter's claims. Said reporter was a devout Hillary Clinton supporter who used his platform to take shots at Bernie (and recently has continued to).  The DNC still repeated this claim, complete with doctored evidence, and a fake news story they so claim to despise was born.

(Also Tom Perez alluding to it in his debates with Keith Ellison)
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #95 on: July 13, 2019, 08:16:47 PM »

In the examples of the establishment's great displays of unity, I also forgot the part the whole "chair-throwing" fiasco, where the DNC gleefully repeated a claim of Jon Ralston's that Sanders supporters threw chairs at the convention.

Of course, what the establishment "coincidentally" never mentioned is that Ralston was never there and his claim was entirely based off of one reporter's claims. Said reporter was a devout Hillary Clinton supporter who used his platform to take shots at Bernie (and recently has continued to).  The DNC still repeated this claim, complete with doctored evidence, and a fake news story they so claim to despise was born.

Unity is only required for establishment candidates....everyone else needs to take a seat, let Yass Queen Pelosi run things, and say boy bye to a new generation of politicians with the audacity to have principles.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #96 on: July 13, 2019, 08:21:38 PM »

Omar's statement in two steps short of publicly calling Pelosi a racist. If they disagree so profoundly with the party, maybe they should join the Republicans.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiorello_H._La_Guardia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacob_Javits
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vito_Marcantonio
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

At the time the Republican line was a great vehicle to oppose Tammany Hall and the UES Republicans were fine with it, because anybody but Tammany.

Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #97 on: July 13, 2019, 09:03:51 PM »

That's a pretty disturbing t-shirt to be fair. Being proud specifically that your ancestors KILLED somebody is f___ed up, as opposed to being proud that your ancestors fought bad people and by necessity had to kill them. It's basically the same thing but when you choose to phrase it in a way that celebrates manslaughter, it's not helping the "let's all come together" narrative. It's a race war mentality.

WTF do you call killing people who come to murder you, enslave your family, destroy your culture and take your civilization's wealth if not "being proud that your ancestors fought bad people and by necessity had to kill them"?

I love the United States very much, and am proud of our better ideals and our struggle to live up to them. As a nation, we've made some great contributions to the humans race (and a lot of great mistakes as well). But let's not delude ourselves about how we started out or how we got here.

The Age of Exploration was technologically impressive, but it led to a great many objective reprehensible actions that have only very recently started to be countered. Our immediate English-speaking forefathers at Jamestown and Plymouth were respectively failed conquistadors who became drug-merchants and murderous religious fanatics. The Founding Fathers were smugglers and scofflaws. They also had some great ideals, that inspired people to be better than they were.

We can and should continue that tradition of striving to become better than we are, but deluding ourselves about the worst parts of our history will not help us get there.
James Monroe

« Reply #98 on: July 14, 2019, 12:56:51 AM »

smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #99 on: July 14, 2019, 01:00:59 AM »

101% agree with Pelosi (not too frequent thing), 0% (even -1) - with "Squad"....
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies