Pelosi attacks congressional Justice Democrats
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:59:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Pelosi attacks congressional Justice Democrats
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Author Topic: Pelosi attacks congressional Justice Democrats  (Read 7135 times)
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: July 08, 2019, 11:15:37 PM »
« edited: July 08, 2019, 11:46:43 PM by Ocasio-Cortez With An Infinity Gauntlet »

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/06/opinion/sunday/nancy-pelosi-pride-parade.html

Some House liberals have been furious with the speaker since she capitulated to Republicans and Democratic moderates and agreed to pass a bill to send more funding to the border, giving up demands for stronger protections for the migrant children ensnared in the nightmare of shelters there.

The article described the outrage of the Squad, as Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez of New York, Ilhan Omar of Minnesota, Rashida Tlaib of Michigan and Ayanna Pressley of Massachusetts are known.

Pelosi feels that the four made themselves irrelevant to the process by voting against “our bill,” as she put it, which she felt was the strongest one she could get. “All these people have their public whatever and their Twitter world,” she said. “But they didn’t have any following. They’re four people and that’s how many votes they got.”

And now the response from the congressional Justice Democrats...
https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/07/07/politics/alexandria-ocasio-cortez-nancy-pelosi-border-funding-bill/index.html

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
"I don't believe it was a good idea for Dems to blindly trust the Trump admin when so many kids have died in their custody. It's a huge mistake," Ocasio-Cortez tweeted Saturday, echoing comments she made to CNN following the June vote on border funding.

Rashida Tlaib
"I honor the fact that we are there ... all of us have these experiences that I think have been missing in the halls of Congress. Honor that, respect that, put us at the table. Let's come up with a solution together," Tlaib said. "Still, I will not support anything that is broken and that dehumanizes people."

Ilhan Omar
"You know they're just salty about WHO is wielding the power to shift 'public sentiment' these days, sis," Omar wrote on Twitter. "Sorry not sorry."
Xeuma
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: 0.00

P
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2019, 11:26:10 PM »

Omar's statement in two steps short of publicly calling Pelosi a racist. If they disagree so profoundly with the party, maybe they should join the Republicans.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2019, 11:32:33 PM »

Ah, there's that call for 'unity,' again!  AOC is the only reason Pelosi still has a job and wasn't tossed out on her wrinkly ass.

Omar's statement in two steps short of publicly calling Pelosi a racist. If they disagree so profoundly with the party, maybe they should join the Republicans.

oh piss off troll
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2019, 11:35:01 PM »

This post is bad and you should feel bad.
junior chįmp
Mondale_was_an_insidejob
Junior Chimp
Croatia
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2019, 11:40:45 PM »

Pelosi is just another dinosaur running on that tired out 90s Democratic Party strategy of attacking your own leftist base to win those mythical moderate all knowing and aware voters who never turn out on election day.

Im sure Pelosi with her 20% favorability rating will finally persuade those mythical moderates by taking a stand against AOC and the base of her own party
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2019, 11:41:14 PM »

Ah, there's that call for 'unity,' again! AOC is the only reason Pelosi still has a job and wasn't tossed out on her wrinkly ass.

oh piss off troll

How is this true? I'm not sure how a freshman member of Congress could wield such influence.
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -7.91

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2019, 11:45:05 PM »

You need to remove the libertarian part of ur name
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2019, 11:45:58 PM »

Ah, there's that call for 'unity,' again! AOC is the only reason Pelosi still has a job and wasn't tossed out on her wrinkly ass.

oh piss off troll

How is this true? I'm not sure how a freshman member of Congress could wield such influence.

AOC and the Progressive Caucus whipped up the votes to keep the queen on her throne.  Were you not paying attention this year?
Saint Milei
DeadPrez
Atlas Politician
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 9.16, S: -7.91

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2019, 11:46:27 PM »

oh piss off troll

Let me tell introduce you to Rand Paul, Mike Lee, Ted Cruz, and Marco Rubio
Rookie Yinzer
RFKFan68
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2019, 12:10:42 AM »

Pelosi is awful and her lackey Hakeem Jeffries will be the same if not worse.
Xeuma
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2019, 12:16:21 AM »

oh piss off troll

AOC and the Progressive Caucus whipped up the votes to keep the queen on her throne.  Were you not paying attention this year?

Yes, I'm sure Nancy Pelosi was in danger of losing her speakership until AOC so generously lent her support. No.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2019, 12:17:39 AM »

oh piss off troll

Yes, I'm sure Nancy Pelosi was in danger of losing her speakership until AOC so generously lent her support. No.

Yes.

I'm not responsible for your memory problems, bud.
Xeuma
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2019, 12:24:45 AM »

oh piss off troll

Yes.

Pelosi was never in danger of losing, the antics of the 7-member Justice Democrats notwithstanding.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2019, 12:26:18 AM »

oh piss off troll

Yes.

Pelosi was never in danger of losing, the antics of the 7-member Justice Democrats notwithstanding.

"Never in danger of losing."  That's a new one.

You know there's a board on this forum specifically for writing your own narratives.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2019, 12:32:11 AM »

oh piss off troll

Yes.

You aren't wrong, but you're implying that AOC supported Pelosi because she is pro-Pelosi. That's inaccurate.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/417520-ocasio-cortez-signal-of-support-is-good-news-for-pelosi

“Right now, out of the field, I would say that [Pelosi] is the most progressive candidate. All of the rebellion for the Speakership are challenges to her right, and so I think it's important to communicate that,” said Ocasio-Cortez
My standard in this is: I'm going to support the most progressive candidate that's leading the party, and right now, that is Nancy Pelosi, in terms of the running. I would like to see new, younger leadership, but I don't want new leadership that's more conservative."
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2019, 12:33:37 AM »

oh piss off troll

That really isn't what happened. No freshman has that much power. For the most part Pelosi really wasn't in any danger of losing.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2019, 12:33:40 AM »

oh piss off troll

Yes.

You aren't wrong, but you're implying that AOC supported Pelosi because she is pro-Pelosi. That's inaccurate.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/417520-ocasio-cortez-signal-of-support-is-good-news-for-pelosi

“Right now, out of the field, I would say that [Pelosi] is the most progressive candidate. All of the rebellion for the Speakership are challenges to her right, and so I think it's important to communicate that,” said Ocasio-Cortez
My standard in this is: I'm going to support the most progressive candidate that's leading the party, and right now, that is Nancy Pelosi, in terms of the running. I would like to see new, younger leadership, but I don't want new leadership that's more conservative."

I did not and do not dispute that, but that doesn't mean AOC and the progressives could not have cucked her if they had the chance.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2019, 12:37:09 AM »

oh piss off troll

That really isn't what happened. No freshman has that much power. For the most part Pelosi really wasn't in any danger of losing.

Again, that Pelosi "wasn't in any danger of losing" is a new narrative and a highly suspect one.  In case you don't remember, Pelosi, Hoyer, and Clyburn are currently under a term limits deal.  Pelosi in particular needed that deal to stay in power.  The progressives could have obstructed her vote to stay in power, but they did not, thanks in part to AOC lobbying against it.

That Pelosi "wasn't in any danger of losing" has to be the biggest lie I've read on Atlas... today.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2019, 12:41:25 AM »

oh piss off troll

Yes.

I did not and do not dispute that, but that doesn't mean AOC and the progressives could not have cucked her if they had the chance.
I'm sure AOC was positively itching to cuck her, but she put the American people ahead of her own political rivalries. Just imagine a MORE conservative corporate establishment puppet in that role instead of Pelosi.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2019, 12:47:13 AM »

oh piss off troll

Yes.

I'm sure AOC was positively itching to cuck her, but she put the American people ahead of her own political rivalries. Just imagine a MORE conservative corporate establishment puppet in that role instead of Pelosi.

Indeed.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2019, 01:20:45 AM »

Pelosi is absolutely right that AOC is in the minority & can't dictate how the House works, & for the most part, the House Dems have passed a lot of good, left-wing legislation. AOC initiated this battle by promising to oust moderate Dems, & Pelosi (as Speaker) is partially responsible for protecting her party from attacks, including those from within it. As the House Leader, she represents what most Dems want, & the vast majority aren't on AOC's side.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2019, 01:39:48 AM »
« Edited: July 09, 2019, 01:43:05 AM by Ocasio-Cortez With An Infinity Gauntlet »

Pelosi is absolutely right that AOC is in the minority & can't dictate how the House works, & for the most part, the House Dems have passed a lot of good, left-wing legislation. AOC initiated this battle by promising to oust moderate Dems, & Pelosi (as Speaker) is partially responsible for protecting her party from attacks, including those from within it. As the House Leader, she represents what most Dems want, & the vast majority aren't on AOC's side.
This is accurate, however, the job of those Dem congressmen & congresswomen is to represent the vast majority of the Democrats, which is the Democrat voters and not the legislative representatives. Over 50% of Democrat voters want progressive policies that Justice Dems offer and corporate establishment types do not.

I can see the argument from both sides, but AOC is completely justified in saying "the data clearly shows that Americans want us nowadays and not Pelosi types. Primary the establishment and we can get representation for the Democrat voter base into congress and actually accomplish what the Democrat voters want accomplished." Pelosi can and should fight to keep her job, but she should also DO her job as a representative of the voters.
James Monroe

« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2019, 04:32:14 PM »

Pelosi's counter strike is effective strategy to go against the attacks perpetuated by the Justice Democrats, who want everything in their power to change the party for a far-left white base dwelling in gratification Brooklyn. None of these dip knots have ever pass anything close to a legitimate legislative bill that has changed the lives of the working person. Pelosi on the other hand has spent years on being one of the strictest advocates for progressive change in America.
James Monroe

« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2019, 04:34:11 PM »

Cortez is now doubling down with attacking the political party she claims to register as. I would have deep distrust of someone like her if I were walking in Pelosi shoes.

Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2019, 04:42:54 PM »

Pelosi should show she means business and refuse to seat them and make the people vote for someone palatable (unless the majority is threatened - we obviously shouldn't sacrifice the chamber). Expulsion - whatever it takes.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies