Pelosi attacks congressional Justice Democrats
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:40:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Pelosi attacks congressional Justice Democrats
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: Pelosi attacks congressional Justice Democrats  (Read 7136 times)
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: July 10, 2019, 06:46:45 PM »
« edited: July 10, 2019, 07:46:53 PM by Mayor Steve Pearce »

This is the most Mitch McConnell-esque exanmple of DARVO I've seen from a Democrat. It's pretty clear that Pelosi fired the first shot (after AOC helped secure the left's votes for her). The disgusting part of this is when Pelosi decided to march The Squad out for their Rolling Stone photoshoot, while dismissing them as "four people" on multiple occasions with the other. She doesn't see AOC or Omar or Pressley or Tlaib as useful members of the caucus, she sees them as props to virtue signal about how diverse her caucus is and how women of color are starting to take leadership roles. And now she wants to talk about "unity" after attacking them? Get that BS outta here.

Let's go down the list of the establishments' attempts at "unity" with the left:

* Tom Perez, 2017. After his fight with Ellison for DNC chair, he decided to purge Ellison's supporters (including my state party's chair - one of the most competent state parties in the nation) from leadership posts and replace them with his loyalists. These included lobbyists for Big Oil, long-time establishment members, and Fox News lobbyists.

* Hillary Clinton, 2017. Her supporters are still blaming Bernie in the Year of Our Lord, 2019 for daring to run against her, the most Experienced Nominee since Eisenhower, and have been a part of that vicious smear campaign for years. She could have ended it all and joined the call for unity in her book. She officially endorsed the smear campaign on multiple occasions, because how dare Bernie run against The Anointed One, a long-term politician who was destined by her experience to become the nominee.

* The Entire Damn DCCC, 2018. The Democrats' Anointed One in NE-2, Brad Ashford, lost the primary to Kara Eastman, noted Bernie candidate, liberal, and breath of fresh air. Never mind that Ashford had already lost to Bacon and was an ex-Republican. The Anointed One lost, so they cut their losses, moved it to triage, and moved on, abandoning a pickup opportunity. And we haven't gotten into my favorite "women's interest group" failing to endorse Eastman until the general, or the deafening silence from the same anti-Bernie crowd who crucified Heath Mello for having the same beliefs on abortion as Ashford did. I guarantee you that if Welder won the KS-3 primary, he'd be another example of this.

* Kim Jong Bustos, 2018. You're still seeing the DCCC play Politburo today, expelling all consultants from the party who defy their will in the name of protecting those poor conservative zealots in liberal districts.

If you look at the situation from an unbiased view, those who are calling the loudest for "party unity" are waging a war against people like AOC and Scott and me, and they expect us to be good little ducklings and follow along because their Enlightened Experience gives them the God-given right to rule.

The establishment doesn't give a flying f*** about unity. They don't care about resistance. Their first concern isn't even stopping Trump and the various abuses of power he's committed (and will continue to commit). The primary goal of the Democratic Party is making the left submit to their will. They know they're not serving the voters. They know we're the real threat to their power. And they'll do everything they can to cling to that power - even if it means extending our long national nightmare by four more years.
LBJer
« Reply #51 on: July 10, 2019, 10:48:28 PM »

As I said in another post, Pelosi is either a coward or severely lacking in integrity.  Either way, she should be removed as Speaker.  She is a disgrace to the nation, and has effectively become an accomplice to Donald Trump's crimes.  We deserve better.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #52 on: July 10, 2019, 10:56:35 PM »

Pelosi's job is to get bills passed, not grandstand against Trump. She recognizes she is in a position of responsibility and so can't afford to let the perfect become the enemy of the good.  She's not going to demand we abolish ICE before we help the migrants detained at the border with their immediate needs.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #53 on: July 10, 2019, 11:16:12 PM »

Not many times I find myself praising Pelosi, but good on her.

Those children need to learn their place.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #54 on: July 10, 2019, 11:43:29 PM »

Please explain your reasoning.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #55 on: July 11, 2019, 01:04:46 AM »

Check her avatar and you'll see why she's so okay with the Appeaser of the House.
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

« Reply #56 on: July 11, 2019, 01:10:20 AM »

Shua has already said it best:
Pelosi's job is to get bills passed, not grandstand against Trump.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #57 on: July 11, 2019, 03:00:57 PM »

Pyro
PyroTheFox
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #58 on: July 11, 2019, 03:10:26 PM »

Here's hoping Cori Bush kicks him out in 2020.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #59 on: July 11, 2019, 03:22:35 PM »
« Edited: July 11, 2019, 03:27:37 PM by President Johnson »

Nice. AOC's chief of staff implying Nancy Pelosi is somehow racial insensitive because she singled out far-leftwingers for their constant crusade against the leadership is beyond pathetic. I hope all these four get primaried by mainstream Democrats next year. Not because of race or gender, but because they're not helping to get stuff done and may hurt other Democrats in vulnerable seats by giving the party a toxic out-of-touch far-left brand. We need less AOC and more Abigail Spanberger.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #60 on: July 11, 2019, 08:21:38 PM »

Nancy Pelosi is f-cking useless

The same Nancy Pelosi that help get universal health care passed in the house? The same Nancy Pelosi that has gone toe to toe on Trump's policies?

Look, I disagree with what she's said and hope we can get a congressional investigation Acostoa. What I don't stand is the slander towards a women that has been determinable in fostering the political shape of the last 15 years. One of the most powerful house speakers our party has had since the days of Tip O'Neil. In the self-interest for the Democratic Party let's start defending Pelosi before the right wing gain narrative of the inter-conflict that is being played out.

From a Democratic point of view, James Monroe is right.  Pelosi takes a lickin' and keeps on tickin', and she DOES have a record of getting things done.

She's old and doesn't play as well on TV as she used to, but lots of Democrats don't know how much worse it could be with some of the people they have in mind for Speaker.  Some of those people could give America an experience that would make the Democrats a minority in Congress for the rest of my lifetime.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #61 on: July 11, 2019, 08:32:24 PM »

I think the problem some of these people have is that they want to run the place on day one and that is just not how things work. Second, this is more of a war of personalities than anything else. Twitter leadership and actual government leadership are different, but I don't think some people understand that.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #62 on: July 12, 2019, 01:05:13 PM »

Who cares?
James Monroe

« Reply #63 on: July 12, 2019, 01:44:33 PM »

Kamala Harris speaks the truth on Pelosi.

Ilhan Apologist
Glowfish

« Reply #64 on: July 12, 2019, 01:51:33 PM »

I'm sorry, why should I take Harris's word for it when I can use my own eyes?
James Monroe

« Reply #65 on: July 12, 2019, 02:06:57 PM »

Well, she's a person of color and knows Pelosi isn't a racist backstabber.
Ilhan Apologist
Glowfish

« Reply #66 on: July 12, 2019, 02:09:12 PM »

Well, she's a person of color and knows Pelosi isn't a racist backstabber.

By that logic, Trump isn't racist because Candace Owens said so.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #67 on: July 12, 2019, 02:14:15 PM »

She gives them way too much attention through simple acknowledgement.

AOC is already a recognizable household name. 

This kind of delusional thinking can only result from an overdose of Atlas.
James Monroe

« Reply #68 on: July 12, 2019, 02:19:39 PM »

The news coverage and twitter response would support my statement.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #69 on: July 12, 2019, 02:39:16 PM »

I live in Canada, within driving distance of Toronto. In the last 6 to 8 months, many very average people that I know of all different ages, personalities and interests suddenly know who AOC is. These aren't particularily political people either for the most part.

We're living outside of America and she's a household name here. More than likely she's even more well known inside of America.
James Monroe

« Reply #70 on: July 12, 2019, 04:02:18 PM »

Ilhan Apologist
Glowfish

« Reply #71 on: July 12, 2019, 04:06:59 PM »

For you, James:

https://www.mcsweeneys.net/articles/i-support-strong-women-of-color-unless-they-are-politically-to-my-left
James Monroe

« Reply #72 on: July 12, 2019, 04:17:08 PM »

Looked at this emblem tweet that address the systematic racism of Justice Democrats. It's going to get real ugly when these people have the urge to primary beloved congressional leaders.

Ilhan Apologist
Glowfish

« Reply #73 on: July 12, 2019, 04:19:00 PM »

Looked at this emblem tweet that address the systematic racism of Justice Democrats. It's going to get real ugly when these people have the urge to primary beloved congressional leaders.

Yeah, they're pretty racist for running a black woman against a black man.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #74 on: July 12, 2019, 04:20:43 PM »

I think the problem some of these people have is that they want to run the place on day one and that is just not how things work. Second, this is more of a war of personalities than anything else. Twitter leadership and actual government leadership are different, but I don't think some people understand that.

Tell that to The Tea Party, they had no issues running over Boehner and the oldies/4chan/internet libertarian crowd were definitely not the same as the Neocon leadership. They didn't understand, and they got things done for it, and finally they got in Trump.

If anything, you just argued why Pelosi ought be run over. Why tactically, they ought call her racist, just like all the red-baiting Gingrich threw out in the '80's eventually landed him the perfect spot in '94.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies