Star Wars Game - Interest Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:02:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  Star Wars Game - Interest Thread
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Which Time Period is most interesting?
The Old Republic
The Clone Wars
Galactic Civil War
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Star Wars Game - Interest Thread  (Read 497 times)
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 13, 2019, 10:15:36 AM »

I don't think this has been done before so I decided to make a thread on this, since I, personally, could care less for ASOIF and such while Star Wars' lore is very deep and interesting as well as the time periods (though one is free to hold their own opinions). I have at least 3 ideas for a Star Wars idea game with a twist, which I will explain after the games are described.

The Old Republic - Starting in the SWTOR MMO RPG timeline, play as the Old Republic or the Sith Empire as you battle for control of the Galaxy and the control of the Force.

The Clone Wars - Starting in 22 BBY, play as either the Republic or the CIS and battle to with win your freedom from a corrupt government uncaring of the Outer Rim or to reunite the Republic under Democracy through any means Necessary.

Galactic Civil War - Insurgency across the Galaxy. The empire fights the Alliance to Restore the Republic to maintain 'Peace and Order' in the Galaxy while the Rebels fight to end a xenophobic monarchy and return Democracy across the planet.

Now, as for my little twist, only a handful of factions leaders will be playable (Clone Wars : Chancellor Palpatine, Grandmaster Yoda, General Kenobi, and General Skywalker for the Republic while Darth Sidious, Count Dooku, General Grievous, and Admiral Trench for the CIS; Galactic Civil War : Emperor Palpatine, Darth Vader, Grand Moff Tarkin, and Grand Admiral Thrawn for the Empire while Mon Mothma, Admiral Ackbar, and Princess Leia Organa for the Rebellion). After those main characters are selected, you can choose to play as a planet or mega corporation (Ryloth, Kalee, Naboo, Shilli, Geonosis, Trade Federation, Techno-Union, Inter-Galactic Banking Clan and the like) and remain neutral, buying your time and considering which side to join. But you must act quickly, for if you take to long to support one of the factions, then you will find yourself at the mercy of one and forced into the other because of it.

If anyone has other ideas for the Genre, feel free to give it here. Each turn will last 4 standard galactic months until we have reached turn XX or less and reached an end for the period by one factions destruction or peace being reached.

Also, yes, Hutt Space will be playable and special events will happen in each game. Give thoughts and ideas.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2019, 02:31:34 PM »

How are we supposed to do this though since we dont have RPG here so how will the winners of Battles be Determined.

As for the game , while I personally would prefer the Old Republic, I think Clone Wars would be the best game on here unless you make KOTOR I and II the time frames for the Old Republic instead as characters like Revan, Malak, Meetra Surik, The Sith Triumative are much more famous then the TOR game characters like Satele, Malgus, The Hero of Tython and the Sith Emperor
Huey Long is a Republican
New Tennessean Politician
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2019, 03:10:43 PM »

How are we supposed to do this though since we dont have RPG here so how will the winners of Battles be Determined.

As for the game , while I personally would prefer the Old Republic, I think Clone Wars would be the best game on here unless you make KOTOR I and II the time frames for the Old Republic instead as characters like Revan, Malak, Meetra Surik, The Sith Triumative are much more famous then the TOR game characters like Satele, Malgus, The Hero of Tython and the Sith Emperor

Battles will be determined by dice rolls. Usually in Star Wars, you take a planet's capital, that planet is yours though in a Space Battle, you have to A. Destroy the Enemy fleet entirely, B. Damage them enough to surrender, or C. Go for a frontal assault to push for a retreat. Characters like Kenobi or Grievous will lead their own forces into battle (like the 212th Legion) and a player can determine the strategy of a planetary campaign. Three dice rolls will determine the effectiveness. Though the heads (Palpatine/Yoda and Sidious/Dooku) can demand an end to a campaign to focus elsewhere.

As for KotOR, I've never played those games, so sadly it'll instead take place in the MMO's era.

Hopefully I made some sense.
Jaguar4life
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2019, 04:52:45 PM »

Totally up for this haha!
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies